Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 40 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 39 40
DRZ Smith #653126 2007-02-18 5:09 PM
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Thanks for the You Tube videos, Karl! The second one where Shatner takes the Al Hischfeld caricature of the Enterprise crew down from Nimoy's wall, well that drawing is worth a lot these days, as Hirschfeld died a few years ago. I think he was 94. I saw a PBS special on him around 1999 - 2000 or so. He was a very talented artist. I think he did portraits like that of all the Trek show casts.

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

DRZ Smith #653127 2007-02-18 5:14 PM
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

DRZ Smith said:
Lets talk about a real sci-fi show. How about Lost in Space?

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Am taping it; I watched Jeopardy! and forgot till just now.

life." - Tuvok.

Beardguy57 #653129 2007-02-20 7:24 PM
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Only caught the last 20 minutes of today's episode, but it looked good... another " Parallel World " show.

Next Generation : " Future Imperfect " - Riker's birthday finds him on an away team to a planet which is the key to his life turning upside down, as he awakens years into the future with a deceased wife whom he does not remember, and a son he does not know. Ships' systems. Data, and the crew do not behave as they should, and Riker figures out that it is all an illusion, creted by his " son", a teenage alien who was alone on the planet Riker investigated, with only machines for company.

The machine gave him food, water, and any illusion the boy wanted. but it could not give him human company.

Riker takes the kid with him to the Enterprise at episode's end, not shocked by his now alien appearance, once he dropped the illusion of looking like an Earthboy.

Pretty good episode.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Final Mission : Great episode!

It's Wesley's last, as he is about to go to Starfleet Academy. Picard takes him on this man named Durgo's shuttlecraft to settle a mining dispute when the ship has a malfunction, putting the three onto a dessert moon.

They trek across the dry, hot, barren land and find a cave.. with a water fountain!

However, it is protected by a force field that is impenetrable by a phaser... and a being of energy knocks out the phaser and causes a rockslide, which seriously injures Picard.

Durgo has a plan to get to the water which involves Wesley's and Durgo's phasers, but the plan backfires and Durgo is killed.

Wesley tells Picard that al he has done, his work, preparing for Starfleet - has been to make the Captain proud of him.

Wesley uses a tricorder to eliminate the force field around the water, enabling him to keep the Captain alive until Enterprise arrives.

life." - Tuvok.

Beardguy57 #653131 2007-02-20 10:32 PM
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
" Real Life "

The Doctor decides he should create a holographic family in order to expand himself. When B'Elanna is disgusted by its unrealistic perfectionism, she alters the program to include random events and outcomes with interesting and devastating results.

This is an excellent episode!

" Distant Origin "

An alien paleontologist discovers a common ancestral link between his people and humans. He believes that this proves that his people (the Voth) evolved on Earth and migrated to the Delta Quadrant millions of years ago, but his government is not as willing to believe his interpretation of the evidence.

Another excellent episode!

life." - Tuvok.

Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
Quote:

Captain Sweden said:
Saw 'Conspiracy' this Friday, will see 'The Neutral Zone' next Monday, ending Season 1. Then I won't continue to tape ST:TNG, since I'll need the tapes when the same channel will start showing Bruce Lee movies.

Do you have all 178 episodes of Next Generation, Captain Sweden? I have 'em, and am taping Voyager, DS9, and Enterprise, currently.

Have just taped Season 1... but I've seen almost all ep:s on TV. Maybe I'll buy the DVD's some day.

Have taped so much over my life: Various Disney cartoons, Batman 66-68, 1st season of The Incredible Hulk, several movies, etc etc.

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
DS 9 - Ezri Dax taps into Curan, her past life who was an assassin, to catch an assassin. VERY good episode.

Star Trek: TNG :

" The Loss " A wierd lifeform surrounds Enterprise, Troi loses her empathic powers. She gets them back. Yawn.

" Data's Day " - Data makes an "email " to that asshole scientist from season two who wanted to take Data apart to be able to create an arny of Datas. Chief O'Brien and Kieko get married, and there is a Romulan spay on ship. Pretty good one, actually.

STar Trek : Voyager -

" Worst Case Scenario "

A holo-novel is discovered in the computer banks, in which Chakotay raises a Maquis mutiny on Voyager. Then, when Paris and Tuvok discover that the program has been altered, they and the Voyager crew must race to stay one step ahead of a holographic Seska.

" Displaced "

One by one, the crew of Voyager go missing and are replaced by strangers who claim they have no idea how they arrived. Soon, nearly the whole crew is gone, and there is no way of stopping the strangers from appearing and overrunning the ship.

Worst Case was good, Displaced was good, too.

Tomorrow on Voyager : Scorpion prts 1 & 2!!!

life." - Tuvok.

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
im really enjoying watching these voyager episodes because these are the ones that i missed because i wasnt into the show yet

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
notnotnotnotnotnotnotwedge
2500+ posts
notnotnotnotnotnotnotwedge
2500+ posts
The duel between the two rifles that can shoot though walls in that episode of DS9 was totally ripped off by the last Ultimates annual.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
DS 9 - Ezri Dax taps into Curan, her past life who was an assassin, to catch an assassin. VERY good episode.

This episode was great, but seriously bugged me. Joran (you're mixing Curzon and Joran Dax) was originally introduced as essentially a man with a violent temper who lost control and killed someone. Now he's shown as being a sociopathic serial killer who is an expert in murder.
Still, an incredible episode. The gun was scary if you think about how easy it would be to use.

Quote:

" The Loss " A wierd lifeform surrounds Enterprise, Troi loses her empathic powers. She gets them back. Yawn.

this is the episode where Troi cried and sensed something?

Quote:

" Data's Day " - Data makes an "email " to that asshole scientist from season two who wanted to take Data apart to be able to create an arny of Datas. Chief O'Brien and Kieko get married, and there is a Romulan spay on ship. Pretty good one, actually.

good episode. Was this the one where he danced with Crusher ( she's pretty)?

Quote:

STar Trek : Voyager -
" Worst Case Scenario "

good episode.

Quote:

" Displaced "

I saw this when it first aired, barely remember it.

Bow ties are coool.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Yes, Karl.. Dr. Crusher taught Data to dance in " Data's Day."

DS-9 - " Chimera "

O'Brien and Odo encounter a changeling.. one of " The Hundred " sent out across the galaxy by the Founders, a race of changelings.

His name is Laas, and he kills a Klingon in self defense.
Sisko puts him in the brig to await extradition. Kiera helps Laas to escape, and she and Odo talk about how Odo should go after Laas.. and never come back, as she senses Odo is unhappy with how Laas was treated. She tells Odo to go because she loves him enough to let him go... something which Laas does not understand.

Odo finds Laas and does not go away with him. Odo returns to DS9.. and to Keira.

Very good episode!

life." - Tuvok.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
Yes, Karl.. Dr. Crusher taught Data to dance in " Data's Day."

One of my favorite Data scenes. I love how Spiner would do Data's body language. Always robotic, but emulating humans. Not an easy task for an actor, but he really pulled it off.

Quote:

DS-9 - " Chimera "

I enjoyed this episode but not when it first aired. Because then there was all the tension of the final arcs and how things were going to wrap up and this episode was basically filler that really frustrated me. Rewatching it, I rather enjoy it (knowing that Bada-Bing, Bada-Bang and the 10 part finale is coming).
A bit of trivia, the actor who played Laas was the same guy who played Martok. DS9 (and other Trek shows) would call back actors who got on well with the main cast to play different characters and with all the make up it can be hard to tell (Weyoun and the Ferengi Brunt were also the same actor).

Bow ties are coool.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Thanks, Karl. I did not know that was the actor who played Martok!

As for Weyoun being Brunt, that is a surprise, too!

Next Generation : " The Wounded " and " Devil's Due."

In " The Wounded ", we meet the Cardassians for the very first time. Marc Alaimo, who played Dukat in DS9 was Gomer Set (spell? ) in this one. A starfleet captain is continuing the war against the Cardassians, killing them off, ship by ship. He has hated them for so long, he just cannot let go of the hate.

O'brien beams over and talks to him, getting him to surrender.

Very good episode!

" Devil's Due " Meh. A woman comes to a planet, prentending to be thier Goddess.

Right Now : Star Trek : Votager - " Scorpion - prts 1 & 2. "

This is :

Where we see the Borg ( for the second time - " Unity " was the first, which was on several episodes ago. ) and how they are being massacred by Species 8472, a bio - organic oriented species who are telepathic and dangerous. It was actually the Borg who attacked them, not vice versa, though Janeway and crew don't know this till later. Kes keeps seeing events before they happen, and senses the feelings and thoughts of Species 8472.

Janeway proposes an alliance with the Borg, after the Holo - Dr. figures out a way to cure Harry of a Species 8472 infection from a blow to the chest by one of them. The Borg agree for the time being, albiet reluctantly.

Janeway is injured and Chakotay, who agreed to her plan though reluctantly, follows a plan of his own : Ending the alliance.

All but one of the Borg on Voyager - There are several who were rescued from an exploding Borg cube ( Which Janeway and Tuvok were on. ) after an attack by Species 8472 - resist, and are flushed out into space.. except one : Seven Of Nine, who is kept on board, and her link to the collective is severed.

Janeway recovers, and is pissed at Chakotay, and then she finds a way to take Voyager into Fluidic Space, home of Species 8472.. and destroys several of their ships before they agree to leave the Delta Quadrant.

Seven Of Nine is kept on board, and must deal with her new found individuality.

This is just about the BEST Voyager episode, peroid, and it is one of the best two parters, along with " Year Of Hell " and " Basics. "

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I think this is the last Friday that MXC will cancel Star Trek shows... but, " The Gift " will be on in less than an hour here, at 6 pm, est. This is a pretty good Voyager episode, as 7 of 9 goes from looking like a Borg to being the ex - Borg babe we all know.

It is not an easy transition, as she clobbers Harry Kim in an attempt to rejoin the Collective. Janeway perseveres, and 7 is able to become an individual again.. or she will be, with help from Janeway.

Kes begins to transform into an energy form.. and barely escapes in time from Voyager before turning into an energy being, similar to the one in Star Trek : TNG's " Transfigurations" episode, where a man with amnesia is found unconscious and bady injured on a planet. He recovers astonishingly fast, and then transforms into an energy being.

Trouble with Kes' transformation is, in a few seasons, she comes back to Voyager, back in corporeal form, and angry at having been abandoned.

But in " The Gift ", she left VOLUNTARILY, and her gift to Voyager is that she threw the ship 9,000 light years ahead towards the Alpha Quadrant, and safely out of Borg Space.

So, just how and why does Kes De-evolve back into a physical state again?

I call it bad writing.

" The Gift " , however, is a terrific episode!

Still, for an uneven series, as Karl Hungus and I, myself have said.. Voyager has many enjoyable moments. It is worth watching.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Well, Spike changed he time on DS9 today, so I missed it... it is now on at 10 am weekdays, EST. Oh well, I'l tape it tomorrow.

Next Generation :

" Galaxie's Child " - Geordi meets the real Lea Brahms, after having met her hologram in the third season's " Boobytrap." This was a very good episode.
Geordi must work with the real Leah Brahms when she arrives on the Enterprise when a space-born alien life form thinks the ship is its mother. Tensions rise when she learns that Geordi created a holographic version of her several months before in order to save the ship from danger.

"Night Terrors "

Troi faces a recurring nightmare when the Enterprise is caught in a rift in space. The crew soon begins to slip into insanity through dream deprivation.

I like " Night Terrors " a lot! Coolest scene :

When Dr. Crusher is in the morgue, and all the bodies sit up.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Voyager :

" Day Of Honor "

While Seven of Nine struggles with her humanity, Captain Janeway tries to help a group of aliens whose species was almost entirely assimilated by the Borg. Meanwhile, the Klingon "Day of Honour" turns into a string of bad luck for B'Elanna.

This is pretty good. Tom and B'Elana are stuck in space with a rapidly dwindling air supply. They had gone after the warp core in a shuttle, after havimg had to eject it after a failed attempt to open a trans - warp conduit.

Voyager is almost helpless against an alien attack, when 7 of 9 comes up with a solution that avoids the ship being damaged or destroyed.

It is also a Klingon " Day of Honor ", so B'Elana tells Tom that she loves him.

Excellent episode!

" Nemesis "

Chakotay is stranded on a planet where two races are trying to wipe each other out in a massive, planet-wide war.

life." - Tuvok.

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
nemesis is when i began my voyager regular watching...

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Enterprise

" Minefield "

One of my favorites. Enterprise runs into a minefield, and the captain and Reed have to go on the ship's hull and defuse a mine.

It is one of those tense, claustrophobic WW2 type episodes. Very good ep.!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Voyager yesterday :

" Revulsion "

A distress call from a mentally imbalanced hologram on a small craft elicits a visit from B'Elana and The Doctor, who encounter a hologram who soon behaves erratically and dangerously.

Kim and Seven have a talk, their first since Seven clobbered him. She makes " An indecent Proposal " but it is far too straight forward for him.

This is an excellent episode!

Voyager today :

" Year Of Hell " - one of my favorite Voyager episodes : a time ship, run by a 24 th century " Ahab ", trying to bring back his dead wife by eliminating entire species.

Janeway adopts a new hairdo for this 2 parter, which she keeps throughout the series. I like this better than the " Janeway Bun. "

Let's not ignore the inconsistancies :

After the weapon ship is destroyed, Annorax is shown at his home with his wife, implying that the damage done with the temporal weapon has been undone, and history has been restored. This is shown after the scene in which Voyager is shown fully restored, back at the beginning of the year. However, it was said several times that Annorax and his crew had been on their mission for over 200 years. As such, if the weapon ship's destruction, undid everything that it had done, both Annorax and his wife should have died over 100 years earlier.

Voyager initially encounters the Krenim ship after having made their course correction as suggested by 7 of 9, using the new Astrometrics lab. However, after the Krenim ship is destroyed and the year starts over, everyone is on the bridge, only discussing that the Astrometrics lab is complete, when they encounter the Krenim ship. (edit) It is stated that Annorax has been attempting to restore the Krenim Empire for 200 years. However, when the temporal ship is destroyed Voyager is restored to the point it was at before it first encountered the Krenim. It is unlikely that after 200 years of wiping out other races that none of the newly restored races would have impacted the history of Voyager. Annorax says that he's collected thousands of artifacts from species that never existed. They seem to exist on his ship without "disappearing", presumably because of the state his ship exists in. So, why does he need a special box to prevent the lock of his wife's hair from disappearing?

It is still a terrific episode.

" Keanu Prime " :

life." - Tuvok.

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
I now have the opinion that the only trek I like is Enterprise...trekkies suck for having it cancelled.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I like Enterprise.

On ST : TNG was that Trill guy, Odom. His host body died and Dr. Crusher couldn't keep up with the changes because they gave him a female host body; thus, no hot woman -on - woman action for the fanboys today.

Voyager sucked. Even with me being sick with the flu, it sucked.. an episode where invisible aliens started fucking with the crew's dna. That has been done to death.

No Trek tomorrow because of MXC.. does anybody actually watch that shit?

life." - Tuvok.

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
talk about that

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I think one episode of Voyager is on at 5 pm, EST.. will know in about an hour....

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
When pirates steal some of Voyager's technology, Janeway and Tuvok search their home world and discover her holographic Leonardo Da Vinci who helps them in their search.

This is a good one. Kinda strange, but a likable episode.

life." - Tuvok.

The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
All I got on that link was sound and no pic.

life." - Tuvok.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Quote:

Ultimate Jaburg53 said:
http://ahhapicardchunk.ytmnd.com/

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
George Takei on Hardaway

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
!!!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Today, the crew fell asleep and would not wake up, due to proximity to a race who conquered others while asleep. It was okay, I guess.

bEfore that, Neelix died and was brought back to life.He was very distraught because he found no afterlife.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Last night,Enterprise was interesting.. I taped all 4 episodes.

Voyager : The Dr goes to the Alpha Quadrant through a deep space network. He meets another Holo Doc who is onbaord an experimental ship called Prometheus. It has been taken over by Romulans. He and the other holo Doc save the ship, and the Doc lets Starfleet know that Voyager is still alive and well in the Delta Quadrant.

This one was excellent.

The one after that was pretty good.The Voyager crew get
communications from home, and are attacked by an agressive hunter species called The Hirogen.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Is anyone watching DS9? I am only taping it, as it comes on before I get up. I'll have to watch the tapes from time to time.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Darmok was on today. Excellent episode!

Voyager was good today. Both episodes focused on 7 of 9.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I did see part of DS9, where Bashir and O' Brien enter a guy's head because he is a member of Section 31 and knows how to cure Odo of that disease he has which is affecting all changlings.

It was pretty damn good!

After that was "Disaster "on Next Gen, one of my favorite episodes.

A natural disaster leaves Troi in command of the Enterprise, Picard stuck in a turbo lift with three small children, and Keiko O'Brien stuck in Ten-Forward giving birth with the help of an anxious Worf.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Voyager

The Killing Game parts 1 & 2

When the Hirogen capture and board Voyager they discover that the holodeck can be used to improve the hunt by putting the prey through different situations and locations. In one situation, Captain Janeway, Torres, Tuvok and Seven of Nine are members of the French resistance in occupied France with the Hirogen in roles as Nazi SS Officers. Since the crew was implanted with subdermal transmitters, they have no idea that this is on the holodeck, and they think it's real. It is up to the Doctor in sickbay who is forced to heal the injured to disable the devices and help the crew escape.

This is a good one.

life." - Tuvok.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
Anata no atama ga warui desu ne.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts