I think this is the last Friday that MXC will cancel Star Trek shows... but, " The Gift " will be on in less than an hour here, at 6 pm, est. This is a pretty good Voyager episode, as 7 of 9 goes from looking like a Borg to being the ex - Borg babe we all know.

It is not an easy transition, as she clobbers Harry Kim in an attempt to rejoin the Collective. Janeway perseveres, and 7 is able to become an individual again.. or she will be, with help from Janeway.

Kes begins to transform into an energy form.. and barely escapes in time from Voyager before turning into an energy being, similar to the one in Star Trek : TNG's " Transfigurations" episode, where a man with amnesia is found unconscious and bady injured on a planet. He recovers astonishingly fast, and then transforms into an energy being.

Trouble with Kes' transformation is, in a few seasons, she comes back to Voyager, back in corporeal form, and angry at having been abandoned.

But in " The Gift ", she left VOLUNTARILY, and her gift to Voyager is that she threw the ship 9,000 light years ahead towards the Alpha Quadrant, and safely out of Borg Space.

So, just how and why does Kes De-evolve back into a physical state again?

I call it bad writing.

" The Gift " , however, is a terrific episode!

Still, for an uneven series, as Karl Hungus and I, myself have said.. Voyager has many enjoyable moments. It is worth watching.

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.