Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 40 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 39 40
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Lineage

Tom and B'Elanna are overjoyed to learn that they are going to have a baby. However, after learning that the child will have dominant Klingon features, B'Elanna begins to experience upsetting flashbacks of her own difficult childhood.

I had taped this episode on Thursday. I was out looking for a new dryer and did not see it. I watched it last night.

It was very good.

B'Elanna had the Doctor show her a hologram of what the baby would look like at birth, extrapolating it's appearance based on it's present development.

She was not at all happy to see that it would have the same pronounced forehead ridges that she had.

She had been made fun of badly as a child because she was part Klingon, by kids at school and her own cousins.

She did not want her daughter to have to endure the same humiliations she did.

She asks the Doctor to delete some sequences from her dna in order to eliminate her Klingon features and even any Klingon behavior in the unborn child.

He refuses.

Tom gets upset with her and sleeps on Harry's couch.

They meet the next morning and niether will budge on this issue.

B'Elanna reprograms the Doctor to believe that resequencing the dna is for the baby's survival.

Tom and others are able to remove the force field B'Elanna had erected around the surgical bay in time to stop it.

Tom and B'Elanna talk and she tells Tom that she blames herself for her father leaving home because she told him to, and he did so 12 days later.

Tom reassures her that, tells her he won't leave her, and, unlike her father, he can handle a 2, 3, or even 4 Klingon household.

I like this episode a lot. It was sensitive and done very well.

Don't look up here for a joke. There's one hanging over your seat.
1000+ posts
Don't look up here for a joke. There's one hanging over your seat.
1000+ posts
In the ass!

JPJ to Danbey Donavan

"That never gets old."
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Repentance

Voyager is forced to evaluate their ethical beliefs, as well as those of an alien criminal justice system, when they rescue a Nygean prison warden, and his prisoners scheduled to be executed.

This episode is a clear response to the modern-day societal debates regarding capital punishment, rehabilitation of criminals, and racial profiling within the justice system.

I didn't like this episode at first, but it grew on me as I watched it.

One of the prisoners is quite violent. A guard nearly beats him to death. The Doctor asks Seven for some of her nano probes to save him. He lives, and then it is discovered that the nano probes have cured him of a condition that had made him prone to violent behavior.

A request for leniency is made to the family of the man he murdered before he was cured, but they deny his plea.

Seven feels badly afterwards. She had grown close to the man, and freeing him would have been as though she were absolved of her own crimes while a Borg.

Janeway tells her that she had lost 20 years of her life while she was Borg, and that was punishment enough.

It was a very good episode, and one that I had not seen before.

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
THE VOID

Voyager is pulled into an empty layer of subspace where ships are forced to attack each other and steal supplies for survival. Voyager's only hope for survival lies in forming alliances with other ships who wish to escape 'the Void'.

This was on yesterday. It was okay.

HUMAN ERROR

When Seven tries to perfect her social skills on the holodeck, her hobby quickly becomes an obsession, leading her to neglect her duties.

Seven lets her hair down, literally, in the holo - programs she creates. She is more relaxed in them. She even has a romance with Chakotay in one program.

Her cortical node fails when she begins to have feelings for Chakotay.

She calls the Doctor before she falls unconscious to the floor.

He tells her in sickbay that it was designed to shut down when she had strong feelings. The Node interpreted this as her individuality reasserting itself.

She refuses to let the Doctor disable this aspect of her Cortical Node, saying that such deep feelings are not for her.

I like this episode, a lot!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
The four episodes that were on last night were damn good!

The Xindi story continues, as it has for the entire third season.

The ship is badly damaged in a fight with the reptile dudes.

We see crew men sucked out into space, hull ruptures and plenty of serious damage. The ship stays damaged and is not magically repaired by the start of the next episode.

I'm really enjoying this show!

life." - Tuvok.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
The four episodes that were on last night were damn good!

The Xindi story continues, as it has for the entire third season.

The ship is badly damaged in a fight with the reptile dudes.

We see crew men sucked out into space, hull ruptures and plenty of serious damage. The ship stays damaged and is not magically repaired by the start of the next episode.

I'm really enjoying this show!

The Xindi arc had it's moments. I think it went on for too long, but when they stopped stalling for sweeps and really got into it, it was exciting.
The fourth year is the best, most episodes serve as direct prequels to other Trek stories (Khan and the supermen, why the Vulcans are so different on Enterprise).

Bow ties are coool.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
DS 9 -

An episode where a man brings in gambling machines that, instead of just changing luck for the one operating it, the machine changes the actual luck for people through out the station. It was ok.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Workforce parts 1 & 2

When Chakotay, Kim and Neelix return from an away mission, they find Voyager abandoned, with only the Doctor on board. Meanwhile, the crew have unwittingly become part of an alien workforce, while their memories of Voyager have been erased.

Chakotay must convince Janeway and the other crew members of their past lives on Voyager. Matters are complicated when Chakotay is exposed and taken for interrogation.

I saw this two parter back in 2001 when it first aired and did not like it.

I saw it today and loved it!

The Doctor finally got to command Voyager.

We see Janeway not even remembering being Captain of Voyager.

Tom and B'Elanna find each other, not knowing that they are actually married.

Chakotay is captured and forced to lure Voyager into a death trap by the man who illegally captured and reprogrammed them all to forget their past lives and become workers for his company.

Tuvok kept remembering who he really was.

Chakotay finds Janeway and enlists her help. He is recaptured because Janeway told someone about him.

A man who is in love with Janeway has a friend who investigates and uncovers the illegal mindwiping going on.

Just as Voyager is going to be destroyed by 3 ships from the company, Janeway, her boyfriend and the investigator shut the powergrid down. This deactivates the planet's defensive shield, enabling Voyager to beam up and reprogram it's crew.

Janeway cannot allow her bf to join Voyager's crew cause of some "Non fratenizing " rule.

I will watch it again this weekend. It was a great episode.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
The Alternate

Odo's mentor arrives on Deep Space Nine intent on resuming his search for Odo's true origin. After an accident in the gamma quadrant, they return to the station with a dangerous organism which soon breaks free.

It turns out that an unknown alien gas has made Odo in a Jekyll and Hyde type monster!

The episode, while not a favorite, was good. It is the foerunner of many great Odo episodes to come.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Today was one of my least favorites.

The Enterprise gives birth to a new lifeform.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Q2

When Q's son becomes reckless and uncontrollable, Q places him in Captain Janeway's care for a week.

Predictable but fun episode. They already did this episode in Next Generation. Q's kid is out of control and must be taught a lesson in responsibility.

Q takes away Jr's Q powers. Q 2 takes the Delta flyer without permission to another sector, as he knews he is failing at humanity and wants to hide and have fun, too.
Icheb is seriously injured when an alien attacks.

Janeway tell Junior that the only way to help Icheb is go back, apologize to the alien, and accept punishment and try to persuade the alen to tell Voyager's Doctor how to cure Icheb.

Turns out it was Q pretending to be the alien. He just wanted to see if his son had learned a lesson, and became more than he was. Q2 gets his powers back and Q takes a few years off Voyager's trip home.

I like!

Q2: (to Janeway) I like you, Aunt Kathy. You've got gumption.

Q2: Scan, scan, scan... that's all you people ever do! I've been through every deck on this ship and do you know what I've seen? Bipeds pushing buttons, bipeds running diagnostics, bipeds replacing relays. When are you going to do something interesting?!

Janeway: I'm not a parent.
Q: Maybe not in the biological sense, but you're certainly a mommy to this crew. Just look how quickly you housebroke that Borg drone!

When Q2 seals Neelix's mouth shut, it's similar to what Charlie did in the Original Series episode >Charlie X to the woman in the corridor.

Keegan de Lancie (Q2) is the real life son of John de Lancie (Q).

Author, Author

A means of direct communication is established with Voyager allowing each crew member to speak with family and friends. The Doctor sends a holo-novel for publication based on a lost starship with a doctor who is treated like a slave, which causes controversy among the members of the ship.

The book is called Photons Be Free.

The Voyager crew see it and are upset because it makes them look evil.

The Doctor soon realizes he made a mistake writing and getting it published.

The publisher releases it without permission from the Doctor, citing that he is a hologram and not a real person, thus has no rights.

Hearings are conducted and the Doctor is not granted human status... yet. However, he is given the right over his artistic creation. All copies of the book are recalled.

At show's end we see several Doctor look - a likes working in a mine, and one makes an allusion to the book.

I guess someone forget the Next Gen episode, " Measure Of A Man " ?

Still, it was a very good epsiode. I enjoyed it.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I forgot to mention that regular ultra long distance communication with Earth has been established, and that crewmen can see and talk live with friends and family. We see Harry's mom and dad. Seven's aunt, etc.

It was nice seeing this aspect of the crew.

This was how the hearing was done, over the comm system.

Crew members testified how the Doctor was one of them, and things he'd taught them, helped them learn, etc.

life." - Tuvok.

Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
I forgot to mention that regular ultra long distance communication with Earth has been established...

No you didn't.

Sounds like a good ep.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
I forgot to mention that regular ultra long distance communication with Earth has been established...

No you didn't.

Sounds like a good ep.

It was really good!

It started out with the Doctor writing a really bad holo - novel, and then it turned into the beginnings of a civil rights movement for holographic beings.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Armageddon Game

Bashir and O'Brien work to rid two alien races of deadly weapons, unaware that their hosts intend to sacrifice them as part of the peace process.

The one alien race sends a tape of Bashir and O'Brien being killed to DS 9.

O'Brien catches a disease meant to kill an entire race.

They send out an SOS and Sisko arrives just in time to save them both.

Yay!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Friendship One

With regular communications to the Alpha Quadrant established, Starfleet sends a mission to Voyager: retrieve a 21st Century probe sent from Earth called 'Friendship One'.

Once the probe is located on a nearby planet the away team is shocked to learn of the impact it has made.

Yeah, the probe made the planet radioactive. It left the inhabitants full of anti matter radiation, and most babies died at birth because of this.

A crew member - Carey - an engineer - is killed by a deranged leader.

Janeway is pissed and realizes she must use force; otherwise, it will take a few years to evacuate the planet, as the leader has demanded, and he MIGHT return the hostages , Neelix and Tom Paris.

She sends a team in the Delta Flyer to rescue the two.
They are successful. Tom saves a woman's new born from dying and promises to bring him back to her once he's made sure he'll be ok with facilities on Voyager.

A scientist who was captured in the Flyer figures out a way to remove the planet's radiation and save the people.

It was pretty good.

Natural Law

A strange energy barrier causes Chakotay and Seven's shuttle to crash on a planet inhabited by extremely primitive aliens.

The primitives are friendly and help Chakotay and Seven to find their badly damaged shuttle and use parts of it to eliminate the barrier ( Temporarily ) so that they may contact Voyager.

A more advanced race wants to bring the primitives into their state of advancement, but Janeway figures out a way to put the barrier back up.

This was a great metaphor for how, here on Earth, more modern cultures have destroyed a primitive one with their "help."

A good Episode.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Homestead

When Voyager discovers a settlement of opressed Talaxians living on an asteroid, Neelix feels compelled to help them. As he spends time with his people and starts to forge relationships with them, he faces a very difficult decision.

This ought to have been called " Goodbye, Neelix."

Neelix decides to stay with his fellow Talaxians.

He has befriended a widow and her young son.

He helped set up a force field around the asteroid, to keep alien miners from mining and thus destroying the Talaxians' home.

One cute aside :

The episode starts out with Neelix holding a party to commemorate the 315 anniversary of Vulcan's first contact with Earth. He urges Tuvok to enjoy himself and dance as others are doing. Tuvok refuses.

At the epiosde's end, when Neelix is about to leave Voyager, everyone is lined up on the way to the shuttlebay - including the Captain and Naomi Wildman, whom Neelix had practially raised.

Tuvok says to Neelix : " Mr. Neelix.. " and then, Tuvok moves his right foot as though dancing.

Neelix say " Thank you, Mr Vulcan."

I like Neelix, though many don't. He was friendly and always helpful.

A good episode.

Next Monday : " Endgame." The two parter series finale.

But then we get to see the show from episode one all over again!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
DS - 9 was good today.

Miles O'Brien thinks that everyone in the station is acting strangely - but, it's him that is different!

He goes through a bunch of problems and it is only in the last 2 minutes of the show that you find out that he is a clone, who was created so well that he actually thought he was the real Miles O'Brien.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Rennaissance Man

The Doctor must impersonate various crew members when Captain Janeway is abducted and held hostage for Voyager's warp core.

This was a great one!

Here is the Doctor's confession when he thinks his matrix is about to be decompiled due to too ,uch information going into it at once:

The Doctor: ("deathbed" confession) ...When you reach Earth, I want you to donate my emitter to the Daystrom Institute. They may be able to replicate it someday, so that other holograms can know the freedom I've enjoyed.

(to Janeway)
I've had something on my conscience for a long time. After I was first activated, I kept a record of what I considered to be your most questionable command decisions. It's in my personal database. I hope you'll delete the file without reading it.

Mister Tuvok, I violated the most sacred trust between a physician and his patient. I told Mister Neelix about the cutaneous eruption you developed on your... (pause) ...that was most indiscreet. I hope you can forgive me.

(To Kim)
Ensign, at your recital last month, I told Lieutenant Torres that your saxophone playing reminded me of a wounded targ. I should have put it more delicately. I'm sorry.

(To Seven Of Nine)
Seven... you have no idea how difficult it's been hiding my true feelings all these years, averting my eyes during your regular maintenance exams. I know you could never have the same feelings for me, but I want you to know the truth. I love you, Seven Of Nine.

We see the return of the aliens from " Tinker, Tailor, Doctor, Spy."

The aliens that reminded me of failed Sontarans!

No Trek tomorrow because of PA state elections.

I guess the series finale, " Endgame " will be aired on Wednesday.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Paradise

Sisko and O'Brien are stranded on a planet inhabited by humans who have rejected any form of technology. But is it really such a paradise?

A woman runs the human colony with an iron fist. O'Brien
tries to get some technology to work to help save a sick woman but is caught and brought before the woman, who punishes Sisko because he is O'Brien's commanding officer.

Sisko is put into a box and locked up for a day. It is very hot in the box.

He is taken out the next day, and is in bad shape, but refuses to cooperate with the woman and is put back into the box.

O'Brien discovers a gizmo in the woods that inhibits the use of all technology, and turns it off.

He comes back and uses his phaser to free Sisko.

The woman is still adamant that a life without any technology is better than a life with it.

Sisko is able to make contact with Dax and Kiera, who are in a runabout, close to the planet, having tracked them there from their ship's warp signature.

A couple of the colony, a young man and woman go with Sisko and O'Brien, back to DS - 9.

The colony must now decide whether to keep the technology dampening gizmo on or off.

This is an outstanding episode!

life." - Tuvok.

25+ posts
25+ posts
dang i miss that series.

wish i could afford cable....

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

thecatsmeow said:
dang i miss that series.

wish i could afford cable....

Here's a bunch of cool Deep Space Nine stuff on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Deep+space+nine

life." - Tuvok.

25+ posts
25+ posts

Last edited by thecatsmeow; 2007-05-16 7:14 PM.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
I never liked Voyager's "moral" episodes because they always ended with Janeway avoiding the hard decision and just flying away. DS9 had some great episodes that really tackled the "what's right isn't always what's in the rulebook" angle and they had to actually handle the tough choices.
Data learned that lesson when he decided that he needed to destroy decades worth of work in a colony to convince the colonists to leave.

Voyager just always felt like they had easy outs.

Bow ties are coool.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Maybe the creators of the Star Trek shows didn't want to make Voyager seem too much like DS - 9, Ray?

I agree, there were not enough moral situations in Voyager, and there were quite a few such situations in DS-9.

I am not disputing that fact - but it still is an enjoyable show.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Endgame

It is the 10th anniversary of the U.S.S. Voyager's triumphant return to Earth after 23 years in the Delta Quadrant. Kathryn Janeway is an admiral, Harry Kim is a starship captain, Tom Paris is a full-time holonovelist, and the Doctor is married to a human woman and has named himself "Joe." At a reunion party, Admiral Janeway talks with B'Elanna Torres, who is now Federation Liaison to the Klingon High Council, about arranging a political favor for a Klingon named Korath. Later, the admiral serves as guest lecturer in Commander Reginald Barclay's Starfleet Academy class about the Borg, but when a cadet asks a question about Seven of Nine, Janeway evades the subject. She's pulled away from class to receive a message from Ensign Miral Paris, the daughter of Torres and Paris, who is on a secret mission to arrange some sort of exchange between the admiral and Korath.

Admiral Janeway stops to say goodbye to Tuvok at his hospital room where he is suffering a neurological disorder that has destroyed his mind, telling him she may never come back. She then has the Doctor over to her apartment and asks him to procure for her a supply of Chronexaline, an experimental drug that can protect biomatter from tachyon radiation, for "classified" reasons. She arranges to get some downloaded information and a shuttle from Commander Barclay, and finally she visits Chakotay's gravesite, promising that when she's through things will be better for everyone.

Twenty-six years earlier, when Voyager is still in the Delta Quadrant, the pregnant Torres is having repeated occurrences of false labor, and Seven of Nine is developing a serious romance with Chakotay. Tuvok is concerned when he is defeated by Icheb in Kal-toh, so he visits the Doctor and learns his neurological condition is slowly deteriorating. Seven is playing Kadis-Kot with Neelix by remote when she is interrupted by the detection of high neutrino emissions indicative of a wormhole. Seven later tells the crew that the center of a nearby nebula may contain hundreds of wormholes, any of which could lead to the Alpha Quadrant.

Back in the future, the Doctor visits Tuvok, who has become increasingly agitated about the "disappearance" of Admiral Janeway, and blurts out that she's never coming back. Curious, the Doctor visits Commander Barclay to get in touch with Janeway, and Barclay says simply that she's out of town. But when Barclay starts stammering, which he hasn't done in years, the Doctor knows he's hiding something. Meanwhile Admiral Janeway has taken the shuttle to a moon where she meets up with Miral Paris, who introduces her to the House of Koroth. After dismissing the Ensign, Janeway meets with Koroth, who has something for her but demands information on her shuttle's shield modifications. The admiral won't go beyond the original terms of their agreement, so she is shown out.

In the present time, Voyager enters the murky nebula and barely misses colliding with a Borg Cube. Captain Janeway orders the ship out of the nebula, refusing to go back despite Ensign Kim's appeal to not give up on those wormholes. Later, Seven asks the Doctor to perform a procedure he devised to remove a failsafe device in her cortical node, so she can pursue more intimate relationships — specifically, with Chakotay.

Admiral Janeway tells Koroth she's "reconsidered" his offer — she'll give him the shield emitter, but first she has to inspect the device he's offering. Korath allows her to scan the device, whereupon Janeway attaches a transport enhancer to the device and beams it and herself to the shuttle. The enraged Klingons send one of their futuristic ships to fire upon her, but Janeway deploys a new armor technology around the shuttle that absorbs the phaser blasts. She jumps to warp and escapes, but when she arrives at her destination, she is met with the Federation starship Rhode Island, commanded by Captain Kim, who orders her to stand down. Kim has learned of her plan from the Doctor, who coaxed it out of Barclay, but Janeway insists the consequences are too great if she doesn't follow through, and asks him to trust her judgment one last time. Kim helps her prepare Korath's device — a chrono-deflector which is now affixed on top of the shuttle — and realizes it will burn itself out with one use. Janeway already assumed this would be a one-way trip. Unable to talk her out of the scheme, Kim beams back to his ship, and Janeway activates the chrono-deflector. Two Klingon ships decloak and begin firing, and Janeway is unable to deploy the ablative armor. The Rhode Island comes back and distracts the Klingons while Janeway activates a tachyon pulse.

Meanwhile on the present-day Voyager, Seven of Nine and Chakotay are having their first kiss when they are summoned to the Bridge. Some sort of temporal rift is forming in front of the ship, and Klingon weapons fire is being detected. But then a Federation vessel comes through the rift and hails Voyager. Captain Janeway sees the older version of herself on the viewscreen, ordering her to emit an anti-tachyon pulse from the deflector to close the rift before the Klingons come through. Startled, the Captain hesitantly fulfills that order and seals the rift, then asks what the hell is going on. Admiral Janeway says she's come to bring Voyager home. What she doesn't realize is that the Borg Queen is monitoring her transmission...

Admiral Janeway beams aboard Voyager and meets her younger self, and is moved to see a healthy Tuvok and Chakotay again. In Janeway's Ready Room, the Admiral reveals to the Captain that Voyager did eventually make it back to Earth after another 16 years, and the ship became a museum on the grounds of the Presidio. But the Admiral came to tell Captain Janeway to take Voyager back to the nebula as a shortcut home, using technology she brought to get past the Borg. The Captain wonders why she would want to tamper with the time-line, but the Admiral asks for her trust. In Sickbay, the Doctor confirms that the Admiral is genetically identical to the Captain, but 26 years older. He has also detected an implant in her brain, which the Admiral reveals the Doctor himself invented in the future to allow her to pilot a vessel with a neural interface. Seven of Nine enters — to an emotional greeting from the Admiral — reporting that the armor and weapons technology on the shuttle can be adapted for Voyager, and the Captain orders it done.

The crew busily upgrades the ship with the futuristic technology, and feels optimistic they might actually make it home this time. When Seven takes a break to regenerate, she is visited in her mind by the Borg Queen, who warns her not to let Voyager return to the nebula or it will be destroyed. Seven wakes up violently in her sparking alcove, and upon being cared for by the Doctor, reports the Queen's warning to the two Janeways. The Admiral insists the Borg are 30 years behind compared to the technology and tactics she's brought, so the Captain maintains course for the nebula.

When Voyager approaches the murky nebula, Captain Janeway orders the armor deployed, and the ship's hull is completely covered. Three Borg Cubes engage the starship, but their weapons fire is repelled. They scan the ship, then focus their fire on a specific section of the armor which weakens it. Voyager responds with the launch of transphasic torpedoes, which completely obliterate the Cubes with one or two shots each. Voyager then finds the center of the nebula, where the crew sees a massive Borg structure. Admiral Janeway orders Paris to enter an aperture in the structure, but Captain Janeway belays that order until she gets an explanation. Seven of Nine reveals the structure is a transwarp hub, one of only six in the galaxy. Angered that the Admiral didn't tell her about this, she orders the ship out of the nebula.

The crew learns the hub connects thousands of transwarp conduits to endpoints in every quadrant of the galaxy, perhaps the most significant tactical advantage the Borg have. Captain Janeway wants to know how to destroy it. But Admiral Janeway strongly objects to any such attempt, and insists on taking the ship home before the Collective can counteract the armor and weapons. The Captain pulls the Admiral aside and wonders how she got so cynical, arguing that they have a chance to save millions of lives. The Admiral reminds her of the decision that got her ship stranded in the first place, putting the lives of strangers ahead of her own crew. The Captain is willing to make the same kind of decision, but then the Admiral tells her that Seven of Nine is going to die. And her husband, Chakotay, will never be the same, and neither will Janeway. Along with 22 other casualties, Tuvok will succumb to a degenerative neurological condition that he hasn't told her about. She can prevent all that and get home today safe and sound.

Captain Janeway approaches Tuvok about his condition, and learns he can only be cured by mind-melding with members of his own family. But she also learns that Tuvok would rather destroy the hub than save himself. Even Seven of Nine refuses to listen to the Admiral's argument. In fact, the entire crew agrees that they'll allow their journey to take longer if they can accomplish something they believe in. The Admiral had forgotten how much the crew loved being together, and admits she was wrong to talk the Captain out of something she had set her mind to. But then the Captain proposes that there might be a way to "have their cake and eat it too."

The Admiral boards the shuttle, and the Captain injects her with a hypospray. The Admiral takes the shuttle through one of the hub's apertures and enters the Unicomplex where the Borg Queen resides. Using her neural interface, she enters the mind of the Borg Queen and tries to make a deal with her, in order to save the Voyager crew from themselves. She wants the Queen to send a Cube to tractor Voyager back to the Alpha Quadrant, in exchange for telling her how to adapt to the transphasic torpedoes. But the Queen detects the Admiral's shuttle, beams her over and injects her with assimilation tubules. Meanwhile Voyager deploys its armor and enters one of the transwarp hub's apertures. While the Admiral is being assimilated, the Queen orders vessels to intercept Voyager. But she realizes she no longer has control over the Collective. She realizes that when Admiral Janeway was assimilated, she released a neurolytic pathogen into the Collective, designed to bring "chaos to order." While in a transwarp corridor, Voyager launches its transphasic weapons and begins to collapse the transwarp hub. The Borg Queen, meanwhile, begins to literally lose parts of her own body as her Unicomplex begins to crumble in an array of explosions.

In the Alpha Quadrant, Admiral Paris and the present-day Barclay detect a transwarp aperture opening up less than a light-year from Earth, and every ship in range is ordered to converge there. In the collapsing transwarp corridor, a Borg Sphere bears down on Voyager as its armor begins to fail. Captain Janeway orders Lt. Paris to adjust course. The Borg Sphere emerges into the Alpha Quadrant and Starfleet vessels begin firing upon it. But then it explodes in a spectacular fireball, and Voyager emerges from within the debris intact. Admiral Paris welcomes Janeway back home, and she promises him a full report. Meanwhile, a baby is being born in Sickbay — Tom and B'Elanna's daughter. Paris is dismissed from his duties so that he can meet his new child and Captain Janeway orders Chakotay to take the helm and set a course for home. The Starfleet armada then escorts the long-lost Voyager back to Earth.

Okay, that is the Star Trek : Voyager site recap.

Here is mine:

This two parter was originally aired as a 2 hour special.

Okay, I am glad for the characters that they finally made it home - but, they could have made this a three parter, which would have given time to show crew members with family and friends on Earth.

I feel cheated that they did not do that.

It was still a superb episode.

I am sad that the series had to end, as I still enjoy it, 6 years almost to the day since it ended.

The crew were one big family. They looked out for each other. They argued, but you could tell that, even when they were pissed with each other, they still cared.

life." - Tuvok.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
I'm mixed on Endgame. I liked the idea of a future Janeway coming back to get them home 9 years earlier to avoid personal tragedy is interesting. Then having the crew reflect on their journey, and then get home and have reunions and say goodbye would've been a great ending.
Instead they threw in the Borg crap to increase the action and there was no resolution to the series, no getting home sense.

Bow ties are coool.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
My point exactly!

I did like the Borg in this one, but it all seemed rushed.

My idea for a three parter:

Have them get back, but then discover it was all a Borg trap - an illusion. They figure it out and are able to get home - for REAL this time - and 20 minutes is left in the episode to show the crew interacting with loved ones back on Earth.

I wanted to see that so bad!

After 7 years, I wanted to see Harry's parents hug him. I wanted to see Admiral Paris tell his son that he was proud of him, and was happy Tom married B'Elanna, and pleased that his son is being responsible now - and to hold his grandaughter.

I wanted to know that B'Elanna and Chakotay would not be put in prison for being former Maqui.

I wanted to see B'Elanna be told she could join Starfleet... and Chakotay, too.

I wanted to see Janeway pet her dog.

I wanted to see Seven and Chakotay on an assignment that would keep them together.

I wanted to see Tuvok and his wife and children reunited, and cured of his problem.

We Star Trek fans deserved that much, at least.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Oh,and I wanted to see the Doctor have a happy ending, too.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

thecatsmeow said:

startrek vs starwars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgXaC-EniVs

Cool video! Thanks!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Shadowplay

Odo and Dax try to solve the mystery of a alien planet whose inhabitants are disappearing without explanation.

A little girl's mother is one of those who has disappeared.

Odo befriends her. She is fascinated with the fact that he is a changeling. She does not believe he can change shape because he does not like to do it unless it is nessecary.

Dax and Odo discover that everyone is really a hologram.

Dax can repair the faulty photonic projector, but has to turn it off first. That is when they also discover that this one old guy is really human. He wants to leave the planet, but Dax and Odo convince him that the holographic people are real enough to them, and that they ought to be real to him.

The little girl is his grandaughter.

He agrees to stay but asks that niether Dax nor Odo tell the townspeople that he is human and thus, not one of them.

Dax fixes the projector and switches it back on; all the people plus the ones who vanished earlier return.

As he is leaving, Odo turns into a top to show the girl that he is really a changeling.

Superb episode! I remember seeing it when it first aired
early in 1994 and this is the one that got me into being a big fan of the show.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Caretaker

When a Maquis ship inexplicably dissapears during plasma storms in the badlands, U.S.S. Voyager is assigned to investigate. To assist the mission, Captain Kathyrn Janeway recruits a reluctant, cashiered Starfleet officer who has also acted as a mercenary for the Maquis.

Whilst exploring the renegade ship's last know position, Voyager is mysteriously propelled 70,000 light years from home, by an overwhelming force. Searching the uncharted quadrant of the galaxy, they become embroiled in a centuries old enviromental problem on a nearby inhabited world.

En route to the fifth planet of a neighboring system, Voyager's crew encounters Neelix, a Talaxian scavenger. He explains that the Array has been bringing ships into the region for many months. Neelix guesses that the "Caretaker," who controls the Array, may have sent the missing crewmembers to the Ocampa, a race that lives two miles below the surface of the fifth planet. Neelix volunteers to be their guide and they accept.

Meanwhile, Kim and Torres are being cared for in the Ocampa medical facility. Although they now live in a subterranean society, the Ocampa inhabited the planet's surface until it was struck by an environmental disaster 500 years ago. Since that time, they have lived underground, with all their needs provided by the man they refer to as the Caretaker.

Beaming down to the planet's surface, Neelix introduces Janeway to the Kazon, a savage alien species that has taken possession of the arid Ocampan world. Janeway asks Jabin, the Kazon leader, if he can help them, but he refuses.

Neelix is hoping Jabin will trade Kes, an Ocampan woman he is holding captive, for some of Voyager's precious water. But the Kazon are more interested in obtaining all of Voyager's technology — forcibly. When Jabin tries to take the crew hostage, Neelix helps them escape and beam back to the ship, along with Kes.

Kim and Torres persuade an Ocampan nurse to show them a route that could lead to the surface. On Voyager, Kes agrees to lead Janeway and the others through the tunnels to her underground city to search for the pair.

As the Array increases the rate of the energy pulses that power the city, Kim and Torres begin their journey, narrowly missing the search party from Voyager. Tuvok theorizes that the increased activity of the Array may indicate that the Caretaker is dying; he is clearly attempting to give them a surplus of power that will sustain the Ocampa after he is gone.

The search is complicated by a new turn of events. The Array is now firing a weapon at the planet to seal up all of the energy conduits, the tunnels that provide the only access to the city. This will protect the Ocampans, but prevent the others from escaping. Splitting up, Paris, Neelix and Kes find Kim and Torres, and send them up to Voyager. Then Paris and Neelix go back for Janeway, Tuvok and Chakotay. Chakotay's skepticism towards Paris' loyalty is erased when Paris saves his life.

Returning to the Array, Janeway again encounters the old man, whom she realizes is the Caretaker. He explains that he was bringing beings from across the galaxy to the Array in the hopes of finding a compatible species with which he could procreate, thus providing the Ocampa with someone to care for them after he dies. But no species has been a match so far.

Janeway tries to convince the Caretaker to send Voyager and the Maquis ship back home, but he refuses. Apparently, the Caretaker wants to destroy the Array so that it won't fall into the invading Kazon's hands. But he dies before he can carry out his plan, and Janeway is left to decide whether to use the Array to get home — which would leave it intact for the Kazon — or to destroy it and save the Ocampa. She chooses what seems to be the only moral option and makes a mortal enemy of the Kazon.

With Chakotay's ship destroyed in the battle with the Kazon, Janeway asks the Maquis to become part of Voyager's crew. She also allows Neelix and Kes to stay aboard. With Chakotay her First Officer, Tom Paris reinstated as a Starfleet lieutenant, and Torres and Kim cured by the Emergency Medical Hologram, Janeway and her new crew set course for the long trip home, 70,000 light-years away.

This is the first two episodes of Voyager. It was excellent!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Playing God

A trill initiate, Argen, a hopeful for 'The Joining' comes to work with Jadzia in order to learn more about being joined. At the same time, the station faces a deadly threat from a new universe which is expanding at an alarming rate.

I was at Bethany Beach, Delaware from early Friday until yesterday (Monday ) afternoon.. it was a great time!

A friend whom I roomed with at the guest house there watched this episode with me Friday morning on Spike Tv there. ( I was quick to find out which chanel was Spike! )

This is a great episode. We learn what the joining is really about.

life." - Tuvok.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Jerry, did you catch the finale of the Xindi War on Enterprise? It was on last night on Sci-Fi. Good stuff...

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
The Last Outpost

A powerful entity disables the Enterprise and a Ferengi ship. Their only means of escape is if they can correctly answer the riddles he asks.

This was an okay one.

The Ferengi were first introduced. They were meant to be a big threat like the Romoulans and the Klingons were meant to be in TOS, but it was clear from day one that they had more value as comic relief.

In this episode, the Ferengi looked more like spastic monkeys than a threat.

The Borg were then introduced a season later as the big threat. They succeeded at it.

Bigtime.

Where No One has gone before.

The Enterprise is flung across space into a distant galaxy over 2,700,000 light years away when a propulsion engineer, and his mysterious companion, attempt to re-design the ship's engine systems.

Ahhh... an excellent first season episode!!

This introduces The Traveler. He's a pretty cool interdimensional character who uses the propulsion engineer to exchange his abilities for passage on Starships.

He becomes distracted by Wesley Crusher, in whom he sees great potential. Because of this, The Traveler takes the Enterprise 2.5 million light years from Earth, where they say on the bridge that it will take 300 years at high warp to travel back to Earth.

Continuity error : Voyager was 75 thousand light years from Earth and it was a fact that it would take 70 years to get home.

It ought to have taken Enterprise over 2 million years to get home at high warp.

Never mind though, the traveler, who nearly died from the strain of the trip is able to take them all back in only a few minutes, & had told Picard that Wesley had a gift that must be encouraged - hence Wesley's being made an acting ensign.

Great episode. Love it when the crew begin to see illusions of what they want/fear.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Time and Again

After being hit by the shockwave of a devastating planet-wide explosion, Voyager investigates. While on the surface, Janeway and Paris are accidentally 'shifted' one day into the past.

Yeah, and then the two of them are captured and realize in time that a rescue attempt by Voyager is what caused the explosion. They prevent it.

This is a superb first season episode!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Hide And Q

Q places the senior crew of the Enterprise in a war game that pits them against a boar-faced, Napoleonic enemy. Q tries to get Riker to join the Q when he grants him the power of the Q.

This is an outstanding episode!!!

Q seeks to corrupt Riker with the gift of absolute power, but Riker learns a bitter lesson - that no one wants gifts he offers to the bridge crew : normal vision to Geordi, being ten years older for Wesley, being human for Data, etc.

The Q are worried that we humans will evolve and eventually surpass the Q, due to our potential.

Love any and all Q episodes. This is one of the best of his twelve appearances on Next Gen, DS - 9, and Voyager.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Emanations

While investigating an asteroid belt containing a new element, Harry Kim is pulled into a 'subspace vacuole' and switched with a dead body. Soon after the body is revived the crew learn that the asteroid belt is the graveyard of an alien culture that transports its dead in the belief that they evolve into a higher state of consciousness. Harry's appearance on the homeworld begins to raise questions about the existence of their afterlife.

This one is very good.

I like thinking about the afterlife. It is fascinating to think about.

As Janeway says at the end of this one, " No one knows for sure just what the afterlife is really like. It could be very different from anything we can imagine. "

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

Prometheus said:
Jerry, did you catch the finale of the Xindi War on Enterprise? It was on last night on Sci-Fi. Good stuff...

I watched and taped the entire Xindi war! It is awesome!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Haven

Lwaxana pays a surprise visit to the Enterprise and announces the pre-arranged marriage of Deanna to the son of her late husband's best friend.

Arranged marriages are stupid. It was a good episode, though. It's the first time we meet Loxwana Troi, played by Majel Barrett.

The Big Goodbye

Picard, Dr. Crusher, and Data are placed in great danger when the holodeck malfunctions while they are running a Dixon Hill private detective program, which pits them against 1940s mobsters.

This one is good! It's the first Holo - deck driven episode,
not counting the little bit of time spent in there during Farpoint.

The dectective who interrogates Picard is the voice of McGruff, the crime dog.

life." - Tuvok.

Page 29 of 40 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 39 40

Link Copied to Clipboard