Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
What's up with this, dude? OK, I called them "shitty scrubs" and you called themn a "laughingstock."

Yes, when Weiss stepped in, Notre Dame was in shambles. They were a 6-6 team, under major scrutiny after the firing of Ty Willingham, and with very little going for them as a program.

That doesn't mean their players were all "shitty scrubs". Quinn, Stovall, Walker and Samardzija were all there. There was some talent. Not an enormous amount(otherwise, they would probably have won more), and certainly less of it than Tressel had time to acquire for himself, but some.

It was up to Weiss to change the culture of losing that permeated a once proud university, and get his players to buy into his new schemes and his new philosophy. To that end, he was successful, and surprisngly soon. I doubt many people expected Notre Dame to even be in a BCS bowl game, let alone close to winning one against a team the caliber of Ohio State.

Quote:

I think this is complete baloney. You ask Bob Stoops if he'd rather have his ring as a head coach or Charlie's 3 as Bill Bellichick's assistant???? How about Lloyd Carr? You think he'd rather be Bill's assistant than the head guy whose team won it all in college? How about Joe Pa? Think he'd give up his 2 titles to call plays for Bill Bellichick?

I didn't say the coaches would take Weiss's accomplishments over their own. Obviously, Stoops, and Joe Pa are proud of what they've done at that level, as they well should be. I'm saying that I think, objectively, a coach would take three Super Bowl rings over a national title trophy and a few division two titles.

MisterJLA is RACKing awesome.