Meanwhile, over at MSNBC, Chris Matthews was interviewing Hillary aide Howard Wolfson and asked him if it was true that she was engaging in "opposition research" (that is, digging into other potential nominees' backgrounds for dirt).

Wolfson flatly refused to deny they were digging up dirt.

Matthews:"Let me ask you about opposition research. Is that part of your campaign: checking out other candidates's possible flaws in their resumes? Are you guys going to engage in that kind of politics to win the nomination...Is anyone in the campaign tasked with opposition research?

"Right now, right now as we speak, has anyone been given the job of digging up information about the other Democratic candidates? Do you have people on your team who are looking at the other candidates for their records, for their past practices, possible weaknesses in their resume? Are you doing that kind of work in your campaign or not? - it's a simple question."

Wolfson dodged the question, saying ...they would respond aggressively to any attacks by other candidates, and that they would have the means to do that.

Matthews: "So you have begun the effort to of digging up information."

Wolfson: "I didn't say that."

Matthews: "I'm asking you: have you or have you not?"

Wolfson ultimately chose to stone-wall: "I'm not going to get into the campaign tactics."

Matthews was relentless: "You won't answer the question as to whether you have an opposition research capability at this point. You won't answer the question."

Wolfson: "I'm telling you the kind of campaign we're going to run."

One parting shot from Chris: "OK, but you haven't answered that question."

Translation: They are digging up all the dirt they can on Obama and anyone else that stands in her way.

But keep telling yourselves that she isn't guys. That way when she smears people on her way to the Presidency you can keep deluding yourselves into thinking she's pure as the driven snow.