Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 94 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 93 94
faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
Bitch, I AM black! Yo! Yo yo yo! Word!

Old men, fear me! You will shatter under my ruthless apathetic assault!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"
Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
Quote:

Uschi said:
Bitch, I AM black! Yo! Yo yo yo! Word!

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Join the Senate, see the world (on the taxpayer's dime)

Barack Obama's two years in the Senate have taken him around the world, from Russia to Iraq to Kenya _ an itinerary more costly to taxpayers than any other senator who took office with him.

The Illinois Democrat's travels in 2005 and 2006 cost taxpayers nearly $28,000 as he studied nuclear proliferation, AIDS, Middle Eastern violence and more.

Eight other freshmen senators took office in 2005, and about $19,200 was the most anyone spent for government-paid travel, according to reports filed with the Senate Office of Public Records.

Obama's journeys are unusual for such a junior senator

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Again, I'm all for the US helping with the AIDS tragedy in Africa, but again-why not help with all the genocide first? We are wasting our money trying to help with Aids if the mullahs are going to wipe all the non-muslims out anyway.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
What I don't understand is: why does any US Senator need to travel halfway around the world to "understand" the AIDS crisie?

What is Barack Hussein Obama saying? That he didn't know that AIDS is prevalent in Africa? That he was unaware that its a fatal disease? Seriously...what information was missing from his decision tree that required a taxpayer funded junket to know that AIDS is bad?

faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
I posted a thread about Darfur a while ago...

Either Obama wasted the money or he was educating himself first-hand on international issues. I doubt anyone can decide which from that tiny article posted above.

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

Uschi said:
Either Obama wasted the money or he was educating himself first-hand on international issues.

Why is it an either/or proposition?

As noted above, do you really need to spend thousands of dollars and go to Africa in order to "educate [ones]self first hand" about AIDS to know it's bad?

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
He could be seeing how the previous monies were being spent-was it quality, but I doubt it unless he is on a committee.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

Pig Iron said:
He could be seeing how the previous monies were being spent... but I doubt it...

And its not like he could ask for an actual investigation by trained investigators and auditors if that was the case.

Noooo....wouldn't want to do that.

faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
Maybe he's like G-man and doesn't listen to anyone regardless of facts and logic and HAS to discover everything himself or he won't accept it.

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
Kinda like being agnostic...

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
The Los Angeles Times looks at a story from Barack Hussein Obama’s memoir and concludes it, ahem, stretches the importance of his role in a fight over asbestos:

And while most memoirs place their authors at the center of events, critics of "Dreams From My Father" say it is unfair in omitting the others who were responsible for the successes of the asbestos campaign, an event that Obama portrays as central to his maturation as a political leader. For example, [Hazel Johnson, a longtime Altgeld resident who worked with Obama] is not mentioned, and no character in the book appears to resemble her, even though she was already a prominent Altgeld activist and her presence in the anti-asbestos effort is confirmed by interviews and news accounts at the time.

Today, Johnson, now 72, is particularly disturbed that Obama's memoir portrayed the tenants as meek and confused, highlighting one parent who was illiterate. Johnson had been quoted on many occasions in the press by the time she met Obama. She had persuaded city officials to request the tests that found hazardous materials in local drinking water.

"Why would he paint us as so pathetic?" asked Cheryl Johnson, Hazel's daughter, who now runs the Altgeld group her mother founded. "Isn't a memoir supposed to be accurate?"

To some extent, this can be seen as nothing but a typical glory-hogging politician puffing himself up. To that extent, its probably not a big deal. However, if you go into the election wanting to like this guy because he seems so affable and modest, then examples of ego-run-amok exaggerations could be pretty disappointing.

They threaten to make Obama look like Al “I took the initiative in creating the Internet/I was the inspiration for Love Story” Gore.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Obama Pulls In $1.3 Million at Hollywood Fundraiser

Checks from Hollywood's A-list stars such as George Clooney, Eddie Murphy and Barbra Streisand added up to a one-night take of $1.3 million for Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.

Obama spoke to a star-studded audience at a closed-door fundraiser in Beverly Hills arranged by three of the industry's biggest names — DreamWorks studio founders Steven Spielberg, Jeffrey Katzenberg and David Geffen.

He told an audience that included Spielberg, Oscar nominee Eddie Murphy, actress Jennifer Anniston and singer Jackson Browne that they have "enormous power" that comes with "enormous responsibility" because of their impact on American culture.

"Don't sell yourselves short," he said in a 25-minute address. "You are the storytellers of our age."

Tickets were $2,300, the maximum individual donation to a federal campaign, or $4,600 for a couple. A later, private dinner at Geffen's home is being held for fundraisers who brought in at least $46,000 for the evening.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
after that event Obamas and Clintons top aides got into a heated war of words....plus David Geffen fueled the fires bashing Clinton's camp...I'm surprised G hasn't posted it yet....must be busy at court today.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
I read the shit about this yesterday in the news. The Clinton camp says they don't want to get into a mudslinging campaign and just talk issues, but then they say that Obama should give all the money back because of what Geffen said about her. I like that Obama's camp mentioned that the Clintons had no problem with Geffen when he was raising them money and getting to sleep in the Lincoln bedroom at the White House. And this is just the beginning of the campaign, folks. The Dems are just fighting amongst themselves. The Republicans haven't even geared up their mudslinging.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
It is pretty scary that we are 2 years away and they already are trying to destoy each other.

PJP #761919 2007-02-22 4:38 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
It's just all part of the process. The Republicans will start up soon too. I suspect Clinton & Obama will patch things up just like Bush & McCain did.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

PJP said:
after that event Obamas and Clintons top aides got into a heated war of words....plus David Geffen fueled the fires bashing Clinton's camp...I'm surprised G hasn't posted it yet....must be busy at court today.

Yes, what with all the snow, there are many more traffic related issues. For example, you wouldn't believe the number of people who ignored the opposite of the street parking rules. Especially Mustang owners.

I remember a few weeks ago, speculating that Clinton was behind the stories outing Obama as a "former Muslim" and MEM seemingly disbelieving that such a thing (Clintons 'smearing' Obama) could be happening. Now I see that the considers it all "part of the process."

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:...

I remember a few weeks ago, speculating that Clinton was behind the stories outing Obama as a "former Muslim" and MEM seemingly disbelieving that such a thing (Clintons 'smearing' Obama) could be happening. Now I see that the considers it all "part of the process."

Always amusing to see your take on previous posts G. As I said back then, Clinton will fight tough but I saw that particular bit of "speculation" just a bunch of conservatives with very little credability saying Clinton was really the one behind all their "speculation". It was around the same time I think virtually the same group made up the story that Obama went to a terrorist school. You helped peddle that bit of missinformation around too.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
So you believe that Clinton is "tough" enough to have her staff misrepresent the relationship between Obama and Geffen but not "tough" enough to spread stories about Obama's Muslim background?

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

thedoctor said:
I read the shit about this yesterday in the news. The Clinton camp says they don't want to get into a mudslinging campaign and just talk issues, but then they say that Obama should give all the money back because of what Geffen said about her. I like that Obama's camp mentioned that the Clintons had no problem with Geffen when he was raising them money and getting to sleep in the Lincoln bedroom at the White House. And this is just the beginning of the campaign, folks. The Dems are just fighting amongst themselves. The Republicans haven't even geared up their mudslinging.

Yeah, there's also the part where Obama hinted that Clinton's a bit racist in her choice of supporters:

For good measure, Obama himself took this shot at Hillary today: " "It is also ironic that Senator Clinton lavished praise on Monday and is fully willing to accept today the support of South Carolina State Sen. Robert Ford, who said if Barack Obama were to win the nomination, he would drag down the rest of the Democratic Party because ’he's black.’"

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Just calling it how I saw it G. Who's been working the whole "Obama is secretly a Muslim" thing all along? It's the same folks who can't stand Hillary. It was 2 for 1 day for you.

If RAW came out saying Rudy "America's Ex-husband" ran to them with a similar story you would laugh your ass off. It's a two way street friend.

As I pointed out, I admit Hillary will fight tough. On the other hand you've shopped everything & anything anti-Clinton & "Obama is secretly a Muslim" around on a daily basis. Who really deserves the ?

Fair play!
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Dude. He's not secretly a muslim......he is a fucking Muslim. Are you comfortable with that?

PJP #761926 2007-02-23 12:55 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Quote:

PJP said:
Dude. He's not secretly a muslim......he is a fucking Muslim. Are you comfortable with that?

I'll take this as you not being serious. Conservatives don't get to change somebodies religion because it suits them.

Fair play!
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
I was being serious....is he not a Muslim? I'm confused.

PJP #761928 2007-02-23 3:19 PM
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
MEM, please respond. Is Obama a Muslim or isn't he?

PJP #761929 2007-02-23 4:56 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Sorry PJP, thought you were just playing around with G-man's "Obama is secretly a Muslim" schtick. Obama is a Christian for the record.
Quote:

...I was not raised in a religious household. My maternal grandparents, who hailed from Kansas, had been steeped in Baptist and Methodist teachings as children, but religious faith never really took root in their hearts. My mother's own experiences as a bookish, sensitive child growing up in small towns in Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas only reinforced this inherited skepticism. [...] My father was almost entirely absent from my childhood, having been divorced from my mother when I was 2 years old; in any event, although my father had been raised a Muslim, by the time he met my mother he was a confirmed atheist, thinking religion to be so much superstition.

Obama writes that his religious convictions formed during his twenties, when, as a community organizer working with local churches, he came to understand "the power of the African American religious tradition to spur social change":

It was because of these newfound understandings–that religious commitment did not require me to suspend critical thinking, disengage from the battle for economic and social justice, or otherwise retreat from the world that I knew and loved–that I was finally able to walk down the aisle of Trinity United Church of Christ one day and be baptized. It came about as a choice and not an epiphany; the questions I had did not magically disappear. But kneeling beneath that cross on the South Side of Chicago, I felt God's spirit beckoning me. I submitted myself to His will, and dedicated myself to discovering His truth.[121]

Wikipedia

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
As noted above, some of his friends tell a different story, that he was, in fact, a Muslim until he "converted" around the time of his marriage.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Fair enough MEM. I never read that other stuff about him and I never knew he converted. I will say that sometimes people convert simply for the sake of marriage and don't really mean it. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but I suspect the truth lies somewhere inbetween you and G-Man.

With that said I am starting to dislike Obama for things other than his middle name.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
As noted above, some of his friends tell a different story, that he was, in fact, a Muslim until he "converted" around the time of his marriage.

Is that in reference to that blog you linked to? Rather poorly sourced IMHO.

Obama has been associated with the United Church of Christ since the mid-80's.
Snopes

Fair play!
PJP #761933 2007-02-24 5:24 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Quote:

PJP said:
Fair enough MEM. I never read that other stuff about him and I never knew he converted. I will say that sometimes people convert simply for the sake of marriage and don't really mean it. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but I suspect the truth lies somewhere inbetween you and G-Man.

With that said I am starting to dislike Obama for things other than his middle name.

I'm pretty sure Obama didn't convert. He's got a fairly well documented history of being a Christian despite the one blog sited by G-man. It was also a given that you wouldn't be voting for Obama, I was just surprised that you didn't know he was a Christian. I have to admit the GOP has done a good job in this respect of redefining a candidate. Practice makes perfect I suppose.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

Matter-eater Man said:
Obama has been associated with the United Church of Christ

Quote:

the G-man said:
Obama's church may have more in common with the Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton wing of Christianity than one might have hoped:

Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community.

Trinity United Church of Christ adopted the Black Value System written by the Manford Byrd Recognition Committee chaired by Vallmer Jordan in 1981. We believe in the following 12 precepts and covenantal statements. These Black Ethics must be taught and exemplified in homes, churches, nurseries and schools, wherever Blacks are gathered [including]

Pledge allegiance to all Black leadership who espouse and embrace the Black Value System

A congregation with a non-negotiable COMMITMENT TO AFRICA.

Uh, how about a committment to "colorblind" leadership and a non-negotiable commitment to the United States?

The article also has a link to a recent sermon from its pastor, Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright, Jr., which recites a laundry list of political, not religious, themes, including:

"the painful truth of who we are and where it is we are in this racist United States of America!"

"600,000 dead Iraqi civilians who are dead for no reason other than greed and ego"

"The President who is “staying the course” and sending 1,500 more troops to their death"

"the torture of Abu Ghraib, the complete destructions of cities like Fallujah"

"the larger “war on terror” [has] been based on lies, half-truths and distortions to serve the agenda of the United States imperialism"

"the 3,000 homeless who are still living or displaced in the real life game called 'New Orleans'"

"white arrogance"

You know, its funny, but that speech has so little to do with Christ, or Christianity, it could almost be a speech by, dare I say, an Islamic Iman instead of a preacher.

In any event, I can't believe that no one is jumping on the mixing here of church and state.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
It's kind of funny, I'm seeing stuff about Obama not being black enough while the conservative media is saying his church is to black (in correct pc terms of course).

Quote:

... A February 6 Chicago Tribune article reported that "conservative critics have seized on Trinity's 12-point Black Value System, especially the portion relating to 'middleclassness,' as evidence that Obama is a divisive candidate who rejects mainstream American values and is primarily focused on the black community." Carlson pointed to the "disavowal of the pursuit of 'middleclassness' " in the church's tenets, calling the church's mission a "racially exclusive theology" and "a theology that ministers to one group of people, based on race." Carlson claimed that Trinity's theology is "racially exclusive" and "wrong," adding that "it's hard to call that Christianity."
Carlson also stated that Trinity's "Black Value System" "calls for congregants to be 'soldiers for black freedom.' " In fact, Trinity encourages parishioners to be "soldiers for Black freedom and the dignity of all humankind [emphasis added]." The Tribune said that the church's "value system" was adopted in 1981 to hold "black Christians accountable for taking care of their own and for continuing to fight oppression." Further, the Tribune reported that according to Melissa Harris-Lacewell, a professor of politics and African-American studies at Princeton University, "the 'disavowal of the pursuit of middleclassness' is simply an argument against materialism and the pursuit of the American standard of wealth. Many white Christian churches also preach against materialism."

Media Matters

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Oh, come on, if a white presidential candidate attended a white church that describes its belief system in such overtly racial terms you and Media Matters would be having a fit and you know it.

Well, at least if the candidate was a republican.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
It's not like the congregation isn't banned from inter-racial dating G-man

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Since Barack Hussein Obama is the product of interacial "dating," (white mother, black muslim father) that would be difficult, wouldn't it?

Of course, as noted above, Barack seems to have expressed contempt for his "white" half in the past.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Not an unusual thing for how old Obama was at the time. He wasn't much more than a kid. You only know he felt that way because he wrote about how he used to feel when he was young. That would only be a problem to me if he indicated that he still felt that way.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Would you expect him to admit it if he does?

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I think if he really felt that way he wouldn't be where he is right now.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Because bigots never get to high office?

Page 6 of 94 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 93 94

Link Copied to Clipboard