Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 94 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 93 94
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Just Call Him Barack O'Bama: Records unearthed in Ireland show Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama can trace ancestry to the Emerald Isle

Well, that's one way to perhaps make people forget about his Muslim heritage.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Barack Obama was assigned Secret Service protection, it was announced today. They said the earliest a new candidate has ever been assigned Secret Service protection

It was attributed by the [liberal] press that it was due partly to his visibility as a black candidate, and partly to "white supremacist buzz and threats on the internet".

Which I really think is just the media's way to hype a guy they like, and possibly scare up some support by dredging up the race issue. If someone out there really made threats against Obama, why isn't Secret Service arresting them?

Hillary Clinton already has Secret Service protection also, due to her former first lady status.

faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
because speech isn't against the law?

weren't there threats from extremist muslims, too?

Old men, fear me! You will shatter under my ruthless apathetic assault!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Quote:

Uschi said:

I didn't hear about muslim threats to Obama. This topic has largely been about Obama's compatibility with muslims.

Threatening a president or presidential candidate has been widely discussed on these boards, especially during the 2004 election, and quite a few over-the-top Bush-hating comments.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
It was attributed by the press that it was due partly to his visibility as a black candidate, and partly to "white supremacist buzz and threats on the internet".

If you and your groups stopped threatening him he wouldn't need protection.

Quote:

Which I really think is just the media's way to hype a guy they like, and possibly scare up some support by dredging up the race issue. If someone out there really made threats against Obama, why isn't Secret Service arresting them?

Because they haven't tracked you down yet? (Its probably the holden mcgroin alt id, thats fooling everyone!)

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
Quote:

Uschi said:

I didn't hear about muslim threats to Obama. This topic has largely been about Obama's compatibility with muslims.

Threatening a president or presidential candidate has been widely discussed on these boards, especially during the 2004 election, and quite a few over-the-top Bush-hating comments.

I remember it being part of this thread toward the begining, in one of the articles. Since he's not really muslim, some extremists wanted to assassinate his ass.

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Who says he's not really muslim? Don't be fooled by him Uschit. I know you are naive and easy to fool but he is a bad guy.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Who says he's not really muslim? Don't be fooled by him Uschit. I know you are naive and easy to fool but he is a bad guy.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
You mean it so hard, you say it 4 time!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
I stutter when I masturbate.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
I see the Associated Press is playing up the fact that Barack Hussein Obama drastically overstated the death toll from the Kansas tornadoes as 10,000, when he meant at least 10.

I personaly don't think it's worth making an issue out of what was obviously an honest mistake.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Obama Passes the Buck

Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, told New Hampshire firefighters Friday that he was frustrated his staff did not build into his travel schedule a personal appearance before their union meeting taking place in the coastal city of Portsmouth. Instead, the presidential hopeful had to address the IAFF and Federation of State and Provincial Firefighters Association this morning by telephone.

"I have to tell you, I wish I was there," Obama said over a speakerphone. "My staff had already scheduled some things and they couldn't wiggle out if it. They heard from me a little bit because I wasn't happy I couldn't be there personally."

This is lame.

It comes across as phony, but even if accurate, it makes him seem like a weak leader. He wants to do something, but is held back by some subordinate staffers?

Meanwhile, according to his official schedule, he was in Iowa and St. Louis today.

I look forward to the story of him telling those crowds, "I have to tell you, I wish I weren't here, but my staff had scheduled me for this. I would rather be speaking in New Hampshire."

Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
I've read this thread periodically....having read all of the posts over time; some significantly later after they've originally been posted.

I know most of the personalities that post here.

I respect many of the opinions of said personalities even if I don't always agree...especially when they come from the ultimate left of left.

The deal is...I can't really tell if the dislike of Obama comes from his politics or his race.

I admit to being biased. My life experience has been such that I see a certain amount of racism in many things that involve minorities. Much of it is justified, a very small portion is not.

I see many people on this thread and others that appear to be against Obama just because his skin is a different tone than their own...even the swarthy Greek participants on this thread; who are naturally darker that the subject, by the way.

Does his race make him any less qualified than the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania...? The same gentleman that has presided over the worst mismanagement of the most violent conflict this country has seen since Vietnam...? That has been the head of what will probably be the most indited administraion since the Watergate years...?

Is he really any worse than any of the candidates on the RIGHT side of the issues...? Those with issues of character as strong as any of the previous administration...? Those that have turned on their own party's rhetoric to gain favor with a country sick of war...? Those who've lost ground with the general public for being willing to stand by their (current) hawkish convictions regardless of the the overwhelming attitude against the conflict and the administration who started it and exaggerated the truth to win support of it?

Is he really that worse an alternative than the honorable Dem. senator from Illi-York...? The carpet-bagger that has more pratical experience (thru observation and advising) governing a nation than any other candidate of either political persuasion...? The candidate whose only apparent major flaws are that she has a pussy and stayed with a man who has admitted to infidelities...?

Perhaps (as most white people will always say) I'm reading too much into the situation. Maybe you Republicans folk really like us black folk...as long as we stay in our place and don't get too uppity...like running for president. You like us just fine as nannies, gardeners, postal workers and drug dealers. But when we try to get edu-ma-cated and better ourselves...well, y'all just don't cotton to that idea at all.

Perhaps I'm wrong. I'm sure several of you will definitely chime in to tell me exactly that...and why I'm a racist for even suggesting that you could possibly be the same.

That's cool. I hope I am wrong. For your sakes.

In a year or so, there is a real possibility that the could be a finally be a black memaber of the executive office of this country...possibly even a Woman AND a Black Guy.

I'd hate to see all of you have to move back to the old country to protest.

Peace and hair grease, y'all.

Oderint, dum metuant.

You are a god damned idiot, you know that? You ought to be smacked upside your dumb-fuck head, even after all these years. Shame on you!
-USCHI showin' some love

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Obama is black?

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
Obama is black?

but...he's so clean.

Bow ties are coool.
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
It is about religion for me Bastard. 100%. I have no problems with a Black man or woman becoming President.

I don't believe Obama is a sincere person.

PJP #762007 2007-05-20 1:36 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Quote:

PJP said:
It is about religion for me Bastard. 100%. I have no problems with a Black man or woman becoming President.

Isn't sincerity based on what a person says & does? What exactly did Obama say or do that makes you feel he's being insincere about his religion PJP?

Fair play!
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
First off....your definition of sincerity is accurate when you are talking about people like us...average joes. It doesn't apply to people like movie stars and politicians who pay people to tell them how to act and what to say. Take Tom Cruise for example....he fired his PR guy of many years and the result was the world got to see the real Tom Cruise.....not the Vanilla Fluff Image they made of him all these years.

I'm not a rascist just because I don't get good vibes from Obama. I hope Black people don't vote for him just cause he's Black. There are/were several Greek American politicians over the years and most of them are/were Democrats who I don't agree with most of the time. I certainly wouldn't vote for them to be President just to have someone like me in office. I'd vote for a Purple Elephant with Pink Polka Dots all over him/her if they would be strong on National Defense and keep taxes fair and get rid of the Estate tax.

MEM in another thread you said about Hillary, "I like her get over it." which is fine....

I don't like Obama and I believe he is lying about many things and trying to give you and the rest of America what he thinks they want to see no who he really is......get over it.

PJP #762009 2007-05-20 2:02 PM
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
I will not vote for Obama because he has communist leanings. It has nothing to do with the color of his skin.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
The Chicago Tribune has an amusing report on Barack Hussein Obama, who appeared last weekend on ABC's "This Week With George Stephanopoulos":

Obama's criticism of Bush for his combative rhetoric came in answer to a question about whether the senator had the capacity to act ruthlessly when necessary if elected president.

"It's not just talking tough, because the truth is nobody's talked tougher than George Bush over the last six years. Being tough means, first of all, not having to talk about it all the time," Obama said. . . .

Without going into any specifics, Obama cited his testing in Chicago politics as a sign that he had an inner toughness. "Somebody who has arrived where I am out of Chicago politics has to have a little bit of steel in them," he said. "I have the capacity, I think, to make strong decisions even if they're unpopular, even if they're uncomfortable, even if sometimes I lose some friends."

So Obama says the first test of toughness is "not having to talk about it"--and he then proceeds to talk about how tough he is.

If Obama is being sincere, by his own standard he's a jellyfish.

rex #762011 2007-05-20 3:08 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I like Hillary based on the things she's said & done though PJP. If you feel that Obama is somehow insincere because you have vibes, that's fine. I think everyone here is capable of drawing their own conclusions of how much merit something like that constitutes no matter who the candidate is.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Detente has been reached. Praise Allah!

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
Detente has been reached. Praise Allah!

and your doing the "Praise Allah" thing because...?

Fair play!
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
The Chicago Tribune has an amusing report on Barack Hussein Obama, who appeared last weekend on ABC's "This Week With George Stephanopoulos":

Obama's criticism of Bush for his combative rhetoric came in answer to a question about whether the senator had the capacity to act ruthlessly when necessary if elected president.

"It's not just talking tough, because the truth is nobody's talked tougher than George Bush over the last six years. Being tough means, first of all, not having to talk about it all the time," Obama said. . . .

Without going into any specifics, Obama cited his testing in Chicago politics as a sign that he had an inner toughness. "Somebody who has arrived where I am out of Chicago politics has to have a little bit of steel in them," he said. "I have the capacity, I think, to make strong decisions even if they're unpopular, even if they're uncomfortable, even if sometimes I lose some friends."

So Obama says the first test of toughness is "not having to talk about it"--and he then proceeds to talk about how tough he is.

If Obama is being sincere, by his own standard he's a jellyfish.

I like how you stopped the bold text so it wasn't immediately clear he said "all the time." To prove he went back on that statement you would need to show that he talked about being tough all the time, not just pull one instance out of your rob-soaked ass.
Seriously, G-man. Do you even read your posts anymore or are you just stalling until the election?

Bow ties are coool.
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
You have to understand Ray that G-man's candidate has all the integrity & character of a man who's been married 3 times & doesn't see his kids. When you have that to work with, I imagine that you need to get a bit creative to artificially equal things out against potential opponents.

Fair play!
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
I would like to see Bill Richardson be President. He is a good man and is not as divisive as some republicans and dems running.

But if his poll numbers climb up both sides will be destroying him too and coming up with stories on what a bad guy he is.

The whole thing is sickening.

PJP #762017 2007-05-20 5:36 PM
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Quote:

Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said:

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
Quote:

PJP said:

Noted.

But, Pete, have you ever seen or heard of a politician...check that...SUCCESSFUL politician that is completely sincere? As a group, these people will typically say anything necessary to get elected. I've heard many statements by all the candidates that I judge as sincere or insincere depending on the candidate or the circumstances.

Is there really a person out there that you beleive will absolutely say what's on his mind and truly do exactly what he claims if elected?

I think you'd have a better chance with the pink, polka-dotted elephant.

I don't understand the religion angle. He's a Christian...like you, I'm guessing. Maybe a different brand but, still fundamentally the same beliefs. Contrary to some beliefs, he's not Muslim or Buddhist or Scientologist or any other fringe sect.

Personally, I think if he does have a personal familiarity with Muslim beliefs and customs, it could be very useful in dealing with those that seek to do us harm...either whole countries or individual organizations. Remember that the majority of the world is not Christian. Don't you think it might be a good idea to have someone in office that can relate to them as well as us?

Oderint, dum metuant.

You are a god damned idiot, you know that? You ought to be smacked upside your dumb-fuck head, even after all these years. Shame on you!
-USCHI showin' some love

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
The majority of the world doesn't believe in women's rights. Should we elect a president who doesn't just so he fits in?

Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
I remember a time when you used to intelligently debate points rather than just snark for no reasdon at all.

What happened to you, G-Man....? You used to beautiful, man....

Oderint, dum metuant.

-USCHI showin' some love

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Quote:

THE Bastard said:
I've read this thread periodically....having read all of the posts over time; some significantly later after they've originally been posted.

I know most of the personalities that post here.

I respect many of the opinions of said personalities even if I don't always agree...especially when they come from the ultimate left of left.

The deal is...I can't really tell if the dislike of Obama comes from his politics or his race.

I admit to being biased. My life experience has been such that I see a certain amount of racism in many things that involve minorities. Much of it is justified, a very small portion is not.

I see many people on this thread and others that appear to be against Obama just because his skin is a different tone than their own...even the swarthy Greek participants on this thread; who are naturally darker that the subject, by the way.

Does his race make him any less qualified than the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania...? The same gentleman that has presided over the worst mismanagement of the most violent conflict this country has seen since Vietnam...? That has been the head of what will probably be the most indited administraion since the Watergate years...?

Is he really any worse than any of the candidates on the RIGHT side of the issues...? Those with issues of character as strong as any of the previous administration...? Those that have turned on their own party's rhetoric to gain favor with a country sick of war...? Those who've lost ground with the general public for being willing to stand by their (current) hawkish convictions regardless of the the overwhelming attitude against the conflict and the administration who started it and exaggerated the truth to win support of it?

Is he really that worse an alternative than the honorable Dem. senator from Illi-York...? The carpet-bagger that has more pratical experience (thru observation and advising) governing a nation than any other candidate of either political persuasion...? The candidate whose only apparent major flaws are that she has a pussy and stayed with a man who has admitted to infidelities...?

Perhaps (as most white people will always say) I'm reading too much into the situation. Maybe you Republicans folk really like us black folk...as long as we stay in our place and don't get too uppity...like running for president. You like us just fine as nannies, gardeners, postal workers and drug dealers. But when we try to get edu-ma-cated and better ourselves...well, y'all just don't cotton to that idea at all.

Perhaps I'm wrong. I'm sure several of you will definitely chime in to tell me exactly that...and why I'm a racist for even suggesting that you could possibly be the same.

That's cool. I hope I am wrong. For your sakes.

In a year or so, there is a real possibility that the could be a finally be a black memaber of the executive office of this country...possibly even a Woman AND a Black Guy.

I'd hate to see all of you have to move back to the old country to protest.

Peace and hair grease, y'all.

My primary objections to Obama have absolutely nothing to do with his race.

My reasons:
    1) He's not experienced enough. He was elected in 2004, and hasn't even completed a single term as senator. I don't see that he's distinguished himself as a senator with any great leadership or legislation reform.
    If Colin Powell ran for president (and polls since 1992 have shown every 4 years that this black man in an allegedly racist America would get more votes than anyone else, black, white or otherwise) I would certainly say he has enough experience and proven leadership.
    Alan Keyes (a less well-known black candidate) a few years ago ran for president and didn't make it past the primaries. But I respected him because he's been in Washington in various positions for several decades, and is a qualified candidate. (likewise Pat Buchanan and Ralph Nader, two white candidates who similarly have been in Washington for decades, and are not just two country bumpkins suddenly seeking high office.)
    If Obama were a Republican running with that little experience, the media would mock him endlessly. ( Dan Quayle, anyone? ) And Obama isn't just a vice president on someone else's ticket.

2) He doesn't have a clear set of issues, and talks in naive-sounding high plattitudes without really saying anything specific.
    And based on that, I think he's running just to run, rather than with a heartfelt set of principles and vision for the country (as compared to, say, Ronald Reagan).
    When I listen to him talk, I see a guy who's trendy and hip and cool and a media darling, but he's talking out his ass without any specifics to define or justify his position.

3) He talks about raising the level of political discussion, while conversely/hypocritically getting in his partisan digs
    In this respect, I agree with what G-man and PJP have already pointed out.
    And it's been a pleasure to see him expose himself and behave with similar hypocrisy in his verbal exchanges with Hillary Clinton.

The only way it's become a race issue for me is where the liberal media, the Democrats, and Obama himself have made an issue of his being black.
They constantly raise his skin-color as an issue, and say "Heyyy, the first serious black candidate...", the same way they make an issue of Hillary being the first serious woman candidate (ignoring, of course, Elizabeth Dole, because, of course, she was a Republican candidate).

And I've suspected all along that if Obama loses, it will be blamed --of course!-- on America being a racist nation that's intolerant of black candidates.

Ignoring Colin Powell.
Ignoring Clarence Thomas.
Ignoring Thurgood Marshall.
Ignoring Alcee Hastings, Charles Rangell, Maxine Waters, J.C. Watts, and so many other successful black candidates and other high office-holders, both Democrat and Republican.

Let's not divide the nation over false phantoms of alleged racism against blacks.

Although that's what liberals and Democrats always, inevitably, do.

That's one of my greatest aversions to Democrats, their divisive tactics over the last 40 years, that constantly rift this nation over random, and often manufactured, racial incidents.
Let's limit criticism of our nation to the real and quantifiable incidents of racism.

And as I've said in past discussions, whites are not immune to racist treatment either. I suspect this will become increasingly visible as whites continue to decrease as a percentage of the U.S. population. All races on this planet, and in every nation, engage in racist behavior, but somehow only whites/Europeans are held accountable for it.

I'll grant you this, though, Obama would be hard pressed to do worse than Bush as president.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
My primary objections to Obama has to do with his race.

Page 8 of 94 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 93 94

Link Copied to Clipboard