This is becoming a very serious conversation. Catheters aren't much fun.

quote:
Originally posted by Uschi:
quote:
He sounds alright to me.

Whatever. He's the reason I had to go to psychologists and the mental institute. Or that's what my psychologist told my mom was the trouble. The reason he was so high up in his job was because he was a workaholic. My whole life he'd tell me flat out, "I don't love you." But he hung around. My mom thought he was a spiffy guy. Three days before he got fired he told us, "If I had to chose between my job and my family, I'd chose work." Ironic, eh? He's sociopathic and hates women with a passion. Too bad he had four daughters, right? He said when he refused the out-of-state job that he wanted to try to build relationships with all of us, that he was going to change. Yeah. That SO didn't even START to happen. So, no. He's not an 'alright' guy. He's a fucking bastard who won't go away.
I've got a meeting in 20 minutes to discuss a lingerie deal, of all things.... but what happened? Not taking a job elsewhere for your family - or to mend bridges with your family - sounds like a pretty good thing to me.

Sounds like if he didn't want to move for another reason he would have just said so.

So that suggests he meant it. So what happened? Who lost momentum? Did both you and he fail to take the initiative?Opportunities to make amends with your relatives - especially your dad - are something which you really can't afford to lose. I was talking about my mum.... I used to curse her when she was alive, but it all seems a bit pointless and stupid now she's dead. I just had a daughter. She'll never meet our daughter. Shit, I'll never get to argue with her again. I miss arguing with her. I'd never have guessed that.

If my mother was alive, I'd take her out to lunch and bitch to her about something. I'd love to see her again.

Anyway, you might find your perspective changes as time moves on. I'm not going to make any suggestions on what you should or shouldn't do, because its none of my business, but you might want to think about it.