Yeah, I watched Undercover Brother last night.

It was ...ok.
There were funny bits but everything was trying to be a joke. There was nothing 'straight' in the movie. It just jumped from joke to joke and you hardly had time to laugh at one joke before you'd miss the next one. The Mayo joke got old quick. It was supposed to be a running gag but they didn't have enough material. It was the same joke repeated instead of the same joke reinvented. Shame. And the timing on the jokes was a bit off. And there were so many its hard to remember the good ones.

Except when they're going into the BROTHERHOOD headquarters. "The flashing light and fan make it seem worse than it is." Great. <ok, that's one you have to see to get>

It was a lot like watching Austin Powers ...only with less plot. Ok, maybe that's not true. The plot was there, it just didn't stand out. The simple gags had just as much emphesis as the important, story-building ones. And they used the slow death-chase. In golf carts. That was funny and has a suprise ending. It was good. Overused, but good. :)

On the plus side, there were some good cameos. Doogie Howser is the BROTHERHOOD's intern. He rips a guy's spine out. "Baby Bear" from Event Horizon was Chris Kattan's (sp) flunkie. 'The General' was Lando Calarissian. James Brown dances.

All in all, I liked it. However, I'd never buy it. Or watch it a second time.

Oh, and a question. I had never heard of the 'orange soda' stereotype. What's that about? "All black people drink orange soda"? That one's new to me, but it was brought up a couple of times. Had you heard of it?