Goodness I'm mean. Maybe I will respond. Later.

In the meantime, here are some interesting points that have been made but skipped:

Quote:

Karl Hungus said:
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
I guess it's also not a statement of any significance that every "Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard" in America, far from being a center of peace, is a center of crime, drugs and violence.

it's not a statement of any significance. Do you have any statistical evidence? Do you have racial breakdowns of the neighborhoods? Do you have (more important than race in determining crime rates) economic breakdowns of the neighborhoods?
Or is this just some generalization like "all black people are lazy and that's why they have stupid hair"?

Quote:

Karl Hungus said:
Quote:

Something motivates this violence by blacks against other racial groups. And I beleive it's the sense of entitlement, of something owed to blacks. An indoctinated sense of rage, that blacks are somehow given license to lash out in acts of violence.

or perhaps there is a certain sense of frustration in lower income neighborhoods. Your comments don't really seek to address the problems, you're just trying to imply blacks are bad in a roundabout way.

Quote:

Karl Hungus said:
Quote:

Should I sue the Italians for their Roman ancestors invading and seizing property of my ancestors?
The Huns?
The Vandals? The Visigoths?
The French?
The Scandinavians?
The Mongols?

Here's the logic flaw:
The Roman Empire no longer exists, the Egytpian Empire is gone, and pretty much all of the others are too.
The Germans had to make it up to the French and the Jews for their recent bits of evil.
Slavery involving Africans did not happen with some now-defunct government. It was the United States of America in what is still the United States of America.
Now I don't think anyone is talking seriously about reparations between descendents (that seems silly), but there is a need for fence bending. And, unfortunately, the KKK and folks like yourself have basically agrivated the matter since the Civil War ended. Civil Rights was the first real stepping stone, and race relations have improved, racism has declined to the point that its considered abhorent and America in general is a better place because of it.
Black History month is about intergration, about mainstreaming blacks by acknowledging that they have been part of history as artists and inventors and overall pioneers. It brings more of a sense of their true place alongside whites in history. I think it's a great thing for children to learn that black people were more than just slaves, and it gives black youths a sense that they can actually accomplish something other than being a stereotype for people like yourself to look down on.

Quote:

Karl Hungus said:
Quote:

I'm proud of the fact that the United States has come so far with civil rights. And I regard the attitude that clings to the past, and pretends it's still 1965, as spoiled, arrogant, and a breeding ground for precisely the kind of violence this article cites.

You want to hold up a crazy person as representative of their entire race? There are way crazier white people. And I would personally not want to go down this standard as Charles Manson's race war belief would be impossible to defend (he was white and hated blacks so by your standards all whites hate blacks).
Quote:

I can discuss similar incidents, that are just as close to my home. This attitude in the black community has to end, so the nation can move on, and blacks can enjoy the freedom that truly exists now.

One guy, who was crazy, got violent. it happens, every day, across all race lines.

Quote:

rex said:
Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
I guess it's also not a statement of any significance that every "Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard" in America, far from being a center of peace, is a center of crime, drugs and violence.

Really? Can you back prove that statement or are you just letting your racism show?

There's a Martin Luther King Jr. boulevard here. Its in a great neighborhood with plenty of upscale stores on it with virtually no crime.