Quote:

Matter-eater Man said:

Quote:

Wonder Boy said:

"Yeah, that Jason Perkins... he's articulate, bright... clean..."

That really is a cheap shot. Biden has a solid record on cival rights. If you want to play the political game of using a bad soundbite to trash somebodies reputation, your really the one who needs to be judged as coming up short.

That was playful use of a remark by Biden that was not meant as an attack on him, or Wednesday either for that matter.

As I've said many times, I like Biden, and certainly don't think negatively of Biden for the remark I quoted. I think he's a straight-shooter, who is candid about his views, and offers real alternatives and not just liberal whining. His suggested plan to divide Iraq into three separate Kurd, Shi'ite and Sunni states, may be the best alternative, if the current so-called surge fails. But I hope it doesn't come to that.

I often respect your views too, M E M, whether or not I agree with them. But I think you jumped the gun on this one.

For that matter, what did Biden really say that was offensive? It was a bit funny and awkward the way Biden phrased it, but ultimately all he said about Obama is that he's bright, articulate and [I think he meant to say] clean-cut. There's nothing racist or insulting about that.

Again, Democrat or Republican, these guys are walking by cameras 12 or 14 hours a day, and sometimes they're just tired and the words don't come out right. I guarantee there's similar quotes from all candidates on either side, if the liberal or conservative media chooses to exploit them.