Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 40 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 39 40
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Yeah, but you have to remember that everyone in the prison had implants to make them all really pissed off, so that they would kill each other off...

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
exactly why i would have given in. AND he smashed the thing that was gonna get us home too. Nope, it woulda been all bad for Tom...

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
[Youtube][/Youtube]

Cool Voyager video....

life." - Tuvok.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

Bow ties are coool.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

Bow ties are coool.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man

This video is illogical. Vulcans do not express joy while singing. They sing in somber, subdued tones.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
False Profits

Voyager discovers a pair of Ferengi, who arrived in the Delta Quadrant via the Barzan Wormhole, masquerading as gods to a primitive culture. The crew must find a way to put an end to this exploitation, while trying to use the same wormhole to get them home.

Yes, these two Ferengi are the same ones from the Next Gen ep. called " The Price."

It was funny. I like.

Remember

After Voyager encounter a telepathic species, B'Elanna starts having powerful dreams that depict the life of a woman and her lover in a time of great political and social upheaval.

These telepathically induced dreams are a woman's way of getting someone to know and remember the genocide of a race that happened on her planet. A good, moving episode.

life." - Tuvok.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

Bow ties are coool.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Heh, "Rosebud"... good video, Ray!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Sacred Ground

Kes accidentally intrudes on a religious shrine and is almost killed by a strange energy beam. Told there is nothing that can medically be done to save her, Captain Janeway undergoes a spiritual quest to ask the 'spirits' to spare Kes's life.

This one is very good. Janeway and the Voyager crew keep looking to science to heal Kes...

But, in the end? It is faith that saves her.

Faith that Janeway found when she undertook a spiritual path.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Future's End Prts 1 & 2.

Both Voyager and a 29th century Federation Timeship, the Aeon, are pulled back in time to Earth in the late 20th century. The Timeship Aeon crashes in Arizona during the 1960's, while Voyager appears in orbit around Earth during 1996.

Voyager must find a way to stop Starling, before his attempted use of the timeship destroys Earth's Solar System. Meanwhile, while trying to rescue Paris and Tuvok, Torres and Chakotay are captured by a militia cell who believe that they are from the government.

This is a great one. Ed Bagely Jr. plays Starling.

One must assume that, at episode's end,it becomes Bill Gates who creates the computer revolution which Starling had created, by using technology from the time machine he stole.

This is where the Doctor first gets his mobile emitter.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Terra Prime (2)

A human isolationist leader threatens to destroy Starfleet Command unless all aliens leave Earth immediately.

Well, the dickhead who wants to destroy Starfleet headquarters to enforce his rule that aliens must leave Earth was stopped.

The baby that is T'Pols' and Trip's turns out to be a clone from their DNA. T'Pol names it Elizabeth. It dies; not due to being a human - Vulcan hybrid, but due to a flaw in the cloning process.

Tucker tells T'Pol while she is mourning the child that the loss gets better with time.

Great episode... but, it leads to:

These Are The Voyages

Commander William Riker of the Enterprise-D is torn between his loyalty to Captain Picard and his duty to a former captain. To shed some light on his predicament, Riker visits a holodeck recreation of the final mission of the NX-01 and signing of the Federation Charter.

This is the FINAL Enterprise episode. It made me sad to see the show end.

Tucker is killed while trying to stop aliens who are out to get Shran and his daughter. He blows them up and fatally wounds himself in the process.

Shran and his daughter are saved. I grew to like Shran.

We don't get to hear Archer's speech at the end.

Tucker did tell T'Pol that the loss gets better with time. She tells him it does not.

He informs her that abscence makes the heart grow fonder.

I wish he had not died. \:\(

My boyfriend wtached this with me. He said this:

"If they had made the first two seasons as great as the last two,the show wouldn't have been cancelled."

Good point.

But!

Next was Boken Bow prts 1 & 2.

After decades of being held back from deep space exploration by the Vulcans, the human race makes its first venture into interstellar travel with Captain Jonathan Archer at the helm of the Enterprise NX-01. The Enterprise crew's mission is to return an injured Klingon, the first the human race has ever encountered, to his people. But when a villainous race of aliens called the Suliban kidnap the Klingon, Archer and his crew must make an unexpected detour to another planet to retrieve their precious cargo... and stave off a dangerous interstellar diplomatic crisis.

They take the Klingon to Chronos to deliver info that the Suliban are trying to make civil war between the Klingons, to prevent them from being a threat to them.

We first meet Silik the Suliban. He becomes an interesting recurring character.

I am still seeing episodes I have never seen before. \:\)

life." - Tuvok.

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Enterprise lasted longer than TOS.....it was the best since...the only problem I have with Enterprise is Ryker and Troi fucking up the last episode...pussies.

You can't have pussy Trek fucking up bad ass Trek...

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pig Iran
Enterprise lasted longer than TOS.....it was the best since...the only problem I have with Enterprise is Ryker and Troi fucking up the last episode...pussies.

You can't have pussy Trek fucking up bad ass Trek...

Yeah, I didn't care for the Riker - Troi infestation, either.

Frakes just wanted to appear in another Trek show.. he was in all of them save for TOS..

and I did love when Archer - Kirk - and Picard said " These are the voyages.. "
at episodes end...

Dammit! I want another Trek series, but only if it can be a great show like Enterprise was in it's last two seasons.. but fans don't want to wait, they want it to be magnificent all at once, instantly. \:\(

life." - Tuvok.

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Beardguy57
Future's End Prts 1 & 2.

Both Voyager and a 29th century Federation Timeship, the Aeon, are pulled back in time to Earth in the late 20th century. The Timeship Aeon crashes in Arizona during the 1960's, while Voyager appears in orbit around Earth during 1996.

Voyager must find a way to stop Starling, before his attempted use of the timeship destroys Earth's Solar System. Meanwhile, while trying to rescue Paris and Tuvok, Torres and Chakotay are captured by a militia cell who believe that they are from the government.

This is a great one. Ed Bagely Jr. plays Starling.

One must assume that, at episode's end,it becomes Bill Gates who creates the computer revolution which Starling had created, by using technology from the time machine he stole.

This is where the Doctor first gets his mobile emitter.

this is just a little bit right before i started really getting into the show...

"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Who Watches The Watchers?

An away team inadvertently breaks the Prime Directive and reveals themselves to a primitive culture on Mintaka III, leading the inhabitants to believe that Captain Picard is a god.

This one is in my top ten Next Gen. episodes.

Favorite line at the end:

Nuria: ( To Picard )
" Have safe journeys, Picard ... and please, remember us."

The Bonding

Worf and Wesley must help a 12 year old boy cope with the death of his mother; an archaeologist killed during an away mission to a deserted planet.

Another great one. It's sad, yes, but the loss of a parent is a terrible thing.
It happens. This tale of loss was told quite well.

life." - Tuvok.

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Beardguy, this thread is actually kinda like your blog only other people can post in it and stuff.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pig Iran
Beardguy, this thread is actually kinda like your blog only other people can post in it and stuff.

This thread is about how I feel about one of my major passions - Star Trek.

There's too much unhappy shit in my life that I try not to think about. Star Trek is a terrific escape for me. Through out all my life, there was always sci - fi, comics, and my own creative endeavors.

An actual blog in here would be.. too awkward, and too personal. I started an online blog, but turned it into a place to post my stories instead. That feels right to me.

life." - Tuvok.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
I like this thread. Beardguy's doing reviews which several other people do on these boards. It's fun to have a star trek thread that keeps going.

Bow ties are coool.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man
I like this thread. Beardguy's doing reviews which several other people do on these boards. It's fun to have a star trek thread that keeps going.

\:\)

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Booby Trap

While investigating an ancient ship left adrift in space, the Enterprise accidentally trips the ancient booby trap that disabled the old vessel over 1000 years ago.

I freakin' love this one!

Geordi goes into the holodeck, back to the design place for Enterprise 1701 - D, and consults with a holo - Leah Brahms, who is a propulsion expert.

Geordi falls in love with her as they work to free Enterprise from the deadly trap, which will kill the crew with fatal radiation in 26 minutes.

The ship's computer tries through Leah to get the ship out, and Geordi makes this proposal to the Captain, who decides to lead the ship out of the asteroid field himself, and does so quite brilliantly.

The Enemy

A blind Geordi is trapped on a hazardous planet with a paranoid and severely injured Romulan. In orbit, a Romulan Warbird prevents the Enterprise from attempting a rescue mission.

Another superb episode!

Geordi and the Romulan must co-operate to get to the staionary nuetrino pulse thingie that Enterprise put nearby, and change it's signal to let Enterprise know where they are.

Romulan Commander Tomalak is taking his warbird into the nuretal zone to recsue his men.

He lies, telling Picard it was a one man craft, and the Romulan who was rescued
on the plaqnet dies because Worf would not help him with a bone marrow transplant. It was Romulans who killed Worf's parents.

There is a bit of a confrontation that almost leads to a war, but Picard beams Geordi and the surviving Romulan to the Enterprise, sends the Romulan back to his own ship.

This ship was part of an experiment with phased cloaking technology. ( See " The Next Phase" and " The Pegasus " for more on that. )

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Coda

Captain Janeway repeatedly dies after she and Chakotay crash into a planet in what appears to be a time loop. Soon, her deceased father appears and tells her that she is dead and must accept her situation and move on.

Janeway resists and awakens.

I like this one a lot. It shows us just how strong a person Captain Janeway is.
I admire strength.

I would say that most of my heroes are fictional, and Captain Janeway is one of them. Fictional heroes rarely let you down.

They're written far better than we are!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Blood Fever

Ensign Vorik expresses his desire to mate with B'Elanna during his Pon-Farr. After they get in a brawl over the matter, Torres begins showing signs of the Pon-Farr herself.

B'Elanna, Neelix and Paris beam down to a seemingly deserted planet to get the much needed element, galacite.

B'Elanna begins to show the early signs of Pon - farr. She bites Tom on the face, which means she wants to make fuck with him.

Meanwhile, on Voyager, Vorik seeks treatment for his condition. The Doctor suggests he go to Holodeck 1 and he programs a Vulcan woman for Vorik.

The Doctor returns to the holodeck much later to find a relaxed, now calm Vorik.

Back on the planet, Neelix and Torres have fallen off a cliff but are ok. Tom gets down there. Without their ropes, which broke, they cannot get back up, so they search the caves for galacite, when Chakotay & Tuvok beam down to help. That is when natives confront the group,and tell them that they had hid in the caves to escape deadly alien invaders, who destroyed everything.

A cave in traps Tom and Torres, who are rescued by Chakotay. B'Elanna admits to herself and Tom that she finds him attractive, but he cannot bring himself to mate with her as he does not want to take advantage of her condition.

They tell thye aliens that they will help them to stay undectectable to others in exchange for some galacite.

They try to contact Voyager, but to no avail. Vorik beams down, and informs them that he sabotaged Voyager's comm, transporter and shuttles.

He wants to mate with B'Elanna, who refuses. Tom offers to fight Vorik, but Torres, knowing he is not as strong as Vorik, chooses to fight Vorik herself - and wins. All trace of her Pon - Farr is gone. The fight took it out of Vorik, too.

Voyager is fixed soon and beams them back, but not before Chakotay and Janeway find the body of one of the alien invaders who destroyed the planet - a Borg.

A very good episode. It marks the first appearance of the Borg in this show.

life." - Tuvok.

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
Coda

Captain Janeway repeatedly dies after she and Chakotay crash into a planet in what appears to be a time loop. Soon, her deceased father appears and tells her that she is dead and must accept her situation and move on.

I admire strength.

I would say that most of my heroes are fictional, and Captain Janeway is one of them. Fictional heroes rarely let you down.

yeah i love janeway too. shes my favorite captain though i know im in the minority there...

Last edited by Knutreturns; 2007-06-29 11:21 PM. Reason: just giving more props to janeway...

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
It's cool, she's my favorite captain, too.

She has much courage and determination.

As much if not more so than Picard, Kirk, Sisko, and Archer!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Enterprise was on last night. Since Spike is running Kung foo movies all week, it is the only Trek on this week...

Fight Or Flight

Two weeks into their mission, the Enterprise crew is anxious to encounter other intelligent life. However, they soon make a horrifying discovery aboard another starship.

Yeah, they find a ship full of dead aliens. At first, Hoshi freaks out and then the away team gets back to Enterprise.. but, Archer thinks about it and they go back and try to summon others from the ship's race to come, that is when a big, bad, mean looking alien ship arrives, fires on Enterprise, and is about to board Enterprise when a ship from the dead alien's homeworld shows up.. Hoshi is
able to overcome her self doubts about her being helpful on the mission, translates what the aliens in the second ship ( They are the ones who killed the aliens in the ship Enterprise found. ) are saying and gets them to understand that they are friends...

and their new friends destroy the ship that was attacking Enterprise.. cool episode!

Strange New World

Crew members begin to experience hallucinations and paranoia while investigating an uninhabited planet.

This one was kinda wierd. 4 crew members, including T'Pol and Tucker stay on the planet for the night..there's a bad storm and they take shelter in a cave.

It is here that they begin to have halluniactions of seeing "rock people."

This is due to the influencing of the spores of hallunigenic plants blwoing around.

The Doctor is able to beam down something to stop these delusions, but not before everyone except T'POl freaks out.

It was good, but I'd have preferred the rovk people to be real. They looked pretty cool.

Unexpected

When Trip is dispatched to assist a Xyrillian ship with its power source problems, he is delighted to have a friendly encounter with one of the ship's female engineers. However, shortly after returning to Enterprise, he discovers that their special moment has resulted in his becoming pregnant. Now Enterprise must try to track down the Xyrillians in the hope of transferring the rapidly growing embryo to another host.

There was a terrific scene where we see the holodeck that the aliens have, the likes of which we won't see on Enterprise till 200 years later.

This was a very good episode!

Terra Nova

The Enterprise crew alters course to investigate the mystery of Terra Nova, a legendary Earth colony whose inhabitants mysteriously disappeared decades ago. However, when they arrive, they are confronted by descendants of the colonists, who have become more alien than anyone could ever have imagined.

The people in the caves won't accept that they are really humans.

They get over it.

It was an okay episode

and there you have a review of this week's Enterprise episodes!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I forgot to mention this fact from the episode called " Strange New World."

This episode introduces the concept of Minshara class planets - those capable of supporting humanoid life. Throughout the other Star Trek series, these planets are referred to simply as "M Class."

life." - Tuvok.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
I forgot to mention this fact from the episode called " Strange New World."

This episode introduces the concept of Minshara class planets - those capable of supporting humanoid life. Throughout the other Star Trek series, these planets are referred to simply as "M Class."

good episode. I liked the explanation of M Class and planetary ratings being based on Vulcan standards. I always figured humans would call them "A Class."
I also liked the idea that Enterprise being the first Warp 5 vessel is such a radical expansion of human travel ability. And how that jump in speed turned 2 year voyages in about a week.
They had a similar thing in year 2 with a freighter that ran a two month route between worlds and how the captain felt faster ships were going to kill the adventure and peace of slow space travel.

Bow ties are coool.
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Knutreturns
Coda

I admire strength.

yeah i love janeway too. shes my favorite captain though i know im in the minority there...
I like Chakotay much better, but she was ok.

old one eye
2500+ posts
old one eye
2500+ posts

Sisko-"What the hell am I doing here with all these white folks?"

How you doin'?
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Heh

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
The Twilight Zone episode called " BLack Leather Jackets" is on Sci fi now.

What does this have to do with Star trek?

The guy who played Apollo on " Who Mourns For Adonis", a TOS episode, guest stars in this one.

This Twilight Zone episode aired in 1964.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Unity

Chakotay responds to a distress call, and discovers a group of different species, many of which originate from the Alpha Quadrant, living on a planet stricken by conflict. After Chakotay learns that they are all de-assimilated Borg, a group of colonists make a very unorthodox and dangerous request of Voyager.

The request: To activate the generator on the badly damaged Borg cube that will link all the ex BOrg as a collective.

Chakotay has to become linked to the ex Borg, to allow them to heal him from injuries sustained in a fight on the planet.

They later use the link to control him to turn on the generator in the Borg cube; this unifies the ex Borg, who then command the cube to self destruct, once Chakotay and the away team are safely on board Voyager.

This is one of my all time favorite Voyager episodes.

It represents a first encounter with the Borg for Voyager, unless you count when they saw a dead Borg on a planet a few episodes ago.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
The Andorian Incident

Enterprise chooses a inopportune time to visit a Vulcan monastery, as the monks there are being held captive by the paranoid Andorians.

The Andorians take T'Pol, Tucker and Captain Archer hostage.

They beat up Archer, who really has no crime to confess to, as he is innocent.

The Andorians believe that the Vulcans are building up a military presence on the planet.

During a rescue attempt led by Reed, a secret door is discovered. It leads to a Vulcan military base.

One of the Andorians is Shran, who we meet for the first time here.

Archer reports the Vulcan base to Starfleet.

Shran tell him that he is in his debt.

Thus, the seeds of an alliance with the Andorians are sown.

Terrific episode.
----------------------------------------

Breaking The Ice

A Vulcan starship interferes with Archer's probe of an oversized comet.

Archer invites the Vulcan Captain aboard for dinner, who is a typically Vulcan cold fish - and does not eat the meal.. and leaves shortly after.

Archer decides the invitation was a mistake.

Reed and Mayweather take a shuttle pod to the comet.
They collect a core sample. Archer tells them that explosives they had used to drill into the comet have caused the comet to rotate a bit faster than normal, and the two must be off the comet before the side they are on faces a star, which will cause the temperature on the comet to rise by a few hundred degrees, and causes cave ins and melting of the ice.

They almost make it but the shuttle pod falls about 18 meters below the comet's surface.. they are trapped!

Archer tries the grappler to free them, but minerals prevent the magnetic grapplers from being effective enough.

The Vulcan captain volunteers to help with his ship's tractor beam.

Archer swallows his pride and accepts the help; Mayweather and Reed are saved.

A great episode!

--------------------------------------------------

Civilization

Captain Archer and the crew discover a fully inhabited, pre-industrial, Minshara class planet. However, upon further investigation, they discover what appears to be advanced technology being used secretly, which may responsible for a terrible illness.

Archer, T'POl, Hoshi and Tucker take a shuttle pod to an M class planet that is pre - industrial age... except...

.. That scans have revealed an anti matter energy source, located under a curio shop. A woman named Riann, who is a physician who is the Jonas Salk of her planet - ahead of most physicians there- investigates and discovers the away team in the shop.

Archer stuns her with his phase pistol.

He sends the rest of the away team back to Enterprise.

The woman awakens; she is very intelligent and does noy accept Archer's explanations as to why he is there.

He meets an alien who uses the shop to send out huge crates of unknown substance
out from there.

After a shoot out with aliens from the samne race as the first alien, while their ship is using a tractor beam to take the crates into it's cargo hold, Archer decides to tell Riann the truth.. that he is from another planet and has come from far away in a starship on a peacful mission of exploration.

Riann has an open mind and accepts this from Archer. There is a cute scene where his universal translator begins to fail, and he cannot understand her, so he kisses her, and behind her back is able to reprogram the device to function properly. ( This action is not lost on Riann, who, when Archer kisses her again
before he departs the planet, asks if his translator device is broken again. )

They get into the basement of the shop and find the source of the anti matter energy.. a machine which is powering drilling and mining machines! It is also poisoning the water table in the village.

Archer and Riann debate which button to push on the machine - the bluye or yellow one...Archer goes with the blue button, which sets off an alarm which brings the first alien back to the machine. He demans that Archer step outside.

Enterprise is being attacked by a larger and more powerful ship, which belongs to the aliens. Archer has already talked with his ship, and they beam the anti matter device into space, and fire a photon torpedo at it at close ranne to the alien vessel, which destroys their shields, thus enabling the Enterprise to fire at their weapons array.

Archer talks with Riann, and gives her a cure for the poisoning.
He kisses her goodby and leaves.

A fantastic episode!!

----------------------------------------------------

Fortunate Son

The Enterprise crew is dispatched by Starfleet Command to assist Fortunate, a human freight vessel that has been attacked by Nausicaan pirates. On arriving, they are surprised to find that Fortunate's crew is resistant to Archer's efforts to help them and determined to seek revenge against their attackers, no matter what the repercussions.

The captain of the freighter is badly injured and must remain on Enterprise to be treated by the Doctor.

The second in command is now in charge. He talks with Mayweather, who was raised on a freighter. He is disappointed with Mayweather for not being more sympathetic to wanted revenge on the Nausicaans.

Second in command guy takes the freighter, which has been repaired by Enterprise and goes off to destroy Nausicaans.

Meanwhile, they have a Nausicaan hostage.

Enterprise's long range scanners were damaged by the freighter, and thus, they are unable to pursue them.. until they decide to simply find a Nausicaan ship, as that is where the freighter is headed.

The frieghter finds 3 Nausicaan ships and is getting clobbered badly when Enterprise finds them, finally.

Archer convinces the second in command to surrender his hostage; Mayweather was instramental in achieving this, as he had talked to him during the hopeless battle.

A heavy handed and somewhat preachy episode.

It was good, though.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
The Defector was on yesterday.. a high ranking Romulan defects and is taken aboard Enterprise... The dialogue is excellent in this one, and the last 10 minutes of the episode are awesome!

The Hunted.. a metaphor about how the Vietnam vets were basically abandoned after the war ended by their own government and by the American people, as that had been a very unpopular war.

The episode itself was done quite well. A man escapes a lunar colony where former soldiers of a war who had been specially conditioned to be the perfect killing machine were unable to cope in peace time.

A good episode!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Rise

While on an away mission to help a planet being bombarded with asteroids, Neelix comes up with a dangerous plan to re-establish communication with Voyager. However, he is pushed to the limit when Tuvok's negative attitude toward him becomes too much to bear.

This is a superb episode!

After their shuttke crashes and is badly damaged, Neelix and Tuvok find an elevator that can take them above an ionsphere which is preventing contact with Voyager.. they take 4 aliens who live on the planet with them.

One alien is poisoned and dies.

His last words were, " Must go on the roof and get it.. "

Tuvok does not want to listen to Neelix, whom he breates, until Neelix stops the elevator and says he will not restart it until someone goes above and finds the "it" to which the dying alien was referring.. and, since only Neelix knwos how to operate the elevator, Tuvok reluctantly agrees and does so. He finds tactical info on a ship belonging to a race of aliens who is responsible for the asteroid bombardment.

Another alien badly injures Neelix, apparently throws Tuvok to his death, and then closes the door so that Tuvok, who is still alive, cannot re- enter the elevator.

Neelix has a concussion but manages to open the door to re - admit Tuvok,who fights with the evil alien, who gets thrown out the door.

After closing the door, Tuvok inspires Neelix to hlep get the remaining 4 of them to safety by telling him that Neelix's sister, Ilixia, ( Whom Neelix had named the elrvator after. ) would have been proud of him.

Neelix gets up and re - starts the elevator, which gets above the planet's ionosphere, and the contact Voyager, who has by now encountered the evil aliens who luanched the asteroid attack on the planet, in order to drive away the colonists and claim the planet as their own...

Tuvok uses the info he has on the alien ship to destroy their shields and weapons array; the aliens are licked and they leave.

Tuvok and Neelix have a typicalk debate at episode's end.

Tuvok likes to have the last word!

A really great episode!

Very much like one of those submarine movies made about WW2.

The sense of fear and claustrophobia represented is quite real.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Before And After

Kes begins traveling backwards through time from the moment of her death. With each shift, she comes closer to a solution but she also grows months and years younger at a time.

This is a great episode, and one of the too few that focused on Kes. Her character was never used or explored properly.

Real Life

The Doctor decides he should create a holographic family in order to expand himself. When B'Elanna is disgusted by its unrealistic perfectionism, she alters the program to include random events and outcomes with interesting and devastating results.

The end is very sad. The Doctor has a wife, a teenage son, and a preteen girl. The girl is fatally injured while playing Paresi Squares.

The son wants to be a Klingon.

But that is life in a family....

This is one of my very favorites. It was written well. Loved the sub plot with Tom Paris stuck in subspace in a shuttle.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Distant Origin

An alien paleontologist discovers a common ancestral link between his people and humans. He believes that this proves that his people, the Voth, evolved on Earth and migrated to the Delta Quadrant millions of years ago, but his government is not as willing to believe his interpretation of the evidence.

The aliens are descended from Earth's dinosaurs, and vaguely resemble Hadrosuars.

The paleontologist suggests to his Gov't his theory, and the leader, a very bitchy older Hadrosaurid, captures Voyager and it's crew in her city sized ship and threatens to put both he and and they in prison if he does not recant his claim. He does so, only to avoid seeing Janeway and her crew suffer.

He is not unlike Galileo, in his time, being imprisoned in his home by the catholic church, for daring to say that the Earth revolved around the sun, and not vice versa.

Excellent show!

Worst Case Scenario

A holo-novel is discovered in the computer banks, in which Chakotay raises a Maquis mutiny on Voyager. Then, when Paris and Tuvok discover that the program has been altered, they and the Voyager crew must race to stay one step ahead of a holographic Seska.

Another good one. Seska returns..in holo- form!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
DISPLACED

Voyager crew members begin to disappear, and aliens take their place.

Voyager;s crew are transported to a holding area, where they are
resourceful and find a way to sabotage the alien's systems until they are released and returned back to Voyager.

I like this one a lot.

I liked how the crew built a couple of crude phasers. And how they managed to smuggle the Doctor to the confinement place by use of his mobile emitter.

Coming next week!!

Scorpion parts 1 and 2!

and very soon after:

Year of Hell parts 1 and 2!!

life." - Tuvok.

Page 32 of 40 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 39 40

Link Copied to Clipboard