I hear you on the CSI stuff. I mean, holy fuck, could we MAKE another Law & Order style show?

If the American television and movie industry does anything well, it's overkill and over-saturation of a product.

I can see where Trek's like Voyager and Enterprise were "one too far". I think TOS is amusing, and I like Next Gen. DS9 had the most balls, sex, and violence of any of them, and I think it's my favorite. But, I can see where someone who doesn't like Trek gets exhausted from seeing them going back to the well all the time.

SG1 is fun, if you don't take it all that seriously. Was it the best sci-fi ever? Nah. But, after a couple of years of the show, I found that I was watching it for the characters more than anything else. Anderson and Co. really did a good job in making you feel like those four were "family". I think that's why I like it so much.

However, I can't see how anyone canNOT love the current Battlestar Galactica. I guess if hardcore, realistic drama that escapes all cliches and really takes actual chances in the writing is not your cup of tea, then, sure. If you're not into sci-fi for some gut punches, then it's definitely best to avoid the show. It's a sobering powerhouse in my opinion.

But, as you said, each their own...