Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 40 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 39 40
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
It's ironic that with all the new sci-fi series on the TV, none of them is a new Star Trek-series. \:\(

BTW, today it's the same date as when the first episode of Star Trek (The Original Series) aired on NBC.

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
The Next Phase

Ro and Geordi become phased and cloaked due to a transporter accident when they attempt a transport to Enterprise with Romulan technology.

This is a pretty cool one. It's kinda like " Ghost " meets Star Trek.

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Collective

The Delta Flyer is attacked by a Borg cube.. manned only by 5 Borg children.. and a Borg baby.

The oldest kid Borg has Tom, Chakotay and Neelix captured.

Harry was trying to make repairs and so was in an access tunnel in the Flyer and is not captured.

Voyager enters the fray.

The kid Borg wants Voyager's deflector array. He needs it to repair the Borg cube.

Seven beams aboard; she attempts to repair the cube.

Harry establishes communication with Voyager and goes into the cube to put explosive charges in it; his plan is foiled when a Borg girl finds him.

They attempt to assimulate Harry and fail; Harry needs immediate medical attention or he will die.

The Doctor and Janeway find out why nearly all Borg on the cube died.. a virus hit them. Janeway has the Doctor replicate the virus and hopes she won't have to use it against the Borg kids.. especially since Seven in on the Cube.

The Borg had abandoned the Borg kids as they had failed to make good drones due to being let out of their maturation chambers too early.

The Borg baby becomes ill and is beamed to Voyager by Seven. We don't see the baby again after that.. maybe a kind alien family adopts it off screen?

The head Borg kid gets pissed at Seven and Janeway when he realizes they were just stalling for time. He tries to rip off the deflector array right off of Voyager!

Janeway orders a feedback pulse to be used through the Borg cube's tractor beam.
It overloads the Borg cube. Head Borg Kid is electrocuted. Good riddance Head Borg kid!

The next in line, named Icheb takes over and beams to Voyager with Seven and Harry.

Harry is cured and the kids are de - Borged as Seven was.

Seven is now put in charge of the Borg kids.

A good one... Borg episodes always are.

life." - Tuvok.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Beardguy57

Stigma

Enterprise visits a planet where an Interspecies Medical Exchange conference is being held. Dr. Phlox tries to obtain research on a terminal disease from the Vulcan contingency, without revealing T'Pol has been infected by it.

But Vulcan official s do learn she is infected, and, though she did not want them to learn that it was through a forced meld, they find out.

I like.. but T'Pol is a bit too stoic in this one. She does lighten up a biut in later episodes.

I figured this one would have been your preferred of the four considering the nature of propoganda involved.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Time's Arrow

This is the cliff hanger to season five, and part two was the first episode of season six.

Data's head is found in a mineshaft in San Francisco on Earth.

The head has been there since the late 19 th century.

On a planet are discoverd to be time traveling aliens.

Data goes to the planet and is whisked away to 19 th century Earth.

Picard beams down, too, as Guinan has told him that if he does not join the away mission, he and her will never meet.

Most of the main characters follow him through a rift in time to discover the aliens are draining away the life force of humans - to feed on as food.

Guinan is at a party.. and so is Mark Twain!

Data talks to Guinan but it is her from the past.. she has centuries to go before she joins the Enterprise, and she does not know Data.

Data and Mark Twain talk in private but Twain has overheard them talk of "Starships."

Part two is where the five bridge crew ( Geordi, Crusher, Picard,Riker and Troi ) find and are rescued by Data.

A confrontation in the mine leaves Guinan injured and Data with his head blown off.

All but Picard, Guinan and Twain stay behind; the others go back to Dividia ( the planet ) and back to the 24 th century..Twain follows them at the last second.

Data's body and Twain go back to the Enterprise where Twain is in awe of the starship and it's inhabitants.

Data's head is attached to his body and finally reactivates, but with a message from Picard about what type photon torpedos to use on Dividia.

Twain goes back to send Picard into the future by use of a snake shaped stick in use with a phaser... Picard says his goodbyes to TWain and goes back to Dividia in the 24 th century where he is beamed away from the planet just as the alien's hideout is being bombed.

Last scene : You see Twain get medical help for Guinan, and leave his pocket watch in the mine near Data's head.. history fulfills itself.

Excellent time travel adventure!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Spirit Folk

The holographic townspeople of Fair Haven realize that Tom and the other Voyager crew are not what they appear to be.. and, after Tom, Harry and The Doctor are taken hostage, Janeway goes there and smooths things out..

Afterwards, the towns folk know that the Voyager crew are from space but regard them as friends anyway.

A cute episode!

Ashes to Ashes

An ensign believed to be dead comes back looking like an alien; It is really her and the Doctor is able to make her look like her old self.. but she is now alien to the crew... the Kabali,the race who found her dead body and brought her back as one of them comes to take her back.. she refuses to go, but after a brief romance with Harry, and trying to fit in, realizes that she no longer is human.. and leaves on her own to save Voyager from being attacked.

A good one. Kinda sad, but I like it.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
NOTE: Star Trek: The Next Generation is now on Fridays again on Spike, and a second Voyager ep. is back, too..

cool.

life." - Tuvok.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts

100+ posts
100+ posts

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Good Shepherd

When an efficiency report reveals that three of Voyager's crew members are failing to meet expectations and integrate into the rest of the crew, Janeway decides to take them on their first away mission. However, what awaits the Delta Flyer on that mission will present a formidable test for them all.

This is a great one. The three learn to work together in a group, and to become more than they are when it is called for.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Cease Fire

A peace treaty is to be negotiated between the Vulcans and Andorians. Shran calls for Archer to help. He brings T'Pol and some Vulcan guy.

Their shuttle pod gets shot down. They are attacked by an Andorian woman who does not want piece.

This one was pretty good.

Future Tense

This one is the best of the four eps last night. A space ship is found. It appears to be bigger on the inside than on the outside.. it's not a TARDIS, but it is a time ship. There's a body inside it.. 900 year old mixed DNA is found in
it of several races.

The Suliban want the ship and attack Enterprise. The Tholians attack the Suliban because they, too, want the ship.

Archer lets the Tholians - who have several ships - have the timeship and they use a tractor beam to take it. He rigs it to explode but the Tholians are clever and disarm the bomb by remote control.

That is when the Time ship disappears.. Archer had used a "black box" on the ship to send an sos. The other people from the future had taken the ship.

I like this one a lot. Time travel is simply awesome.

Canamar

Archer and Trip are in the shuttle pod when they are captured by paranoid aliens who suspect them of being smugglers.

They are taken to a prison and are to be transferred to a facility on Kitomer when they are caught up in a prison break..prisoners take over a ship and then Archer and TRip are found by Enterprise. An ok episode.

The Crossing

Another episode of a Star Trek show where aliens take over the bodies of the crew. Yawn.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Relics

One of my favorie Next Gen eps. Scotty guest stars as a man 75 years out of time.

This one was done so much better than the fifth season Spock two parter.

Was a great way to say goodbye to James Doohan, who died just a year or so ago.

Schisms

Members of the Enterprise are being kidnapped and experimented with by aliens from sub space.

A fun episode.. a good old "Alien Invaders " show that had a 1950's feel to it.

Loved when Riker fell asleep when Data was reciting his "Ode To Spot " poem..

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Live Fast and Prosper

Aliens impersonate Janeway and Tuvok and rip off people.

Janeway and crew find out. They are accused of being the thieves until they can track down the real culprits.

It was an ok episode.

Muse

BE'lanna crashes onto a planet where the people are at about ancient Greece development circa 500 Bc on Earth.

A playwright uses stories BE'lanna gives him to please his patron.

BE'lanna is not pleased with his perfotmances as they are about Voyager and the Borg, etc, and are not true in spirit to what actually happened to Voyager and her crew.

Harry, who BE'lanna had ordered to eject from the Delta Flyer in an escape pod shows up safe and sound with a phaser and a sub space radio, which they adapt to replace the broken radio in the damged Flyer.

BE'lanna delivers the final scene in the play.. by ascending to the heavens. ( Beaming back to Voyager. )

Love this episode!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
True Q

An 18 year old girl discovers that she is a Q.

This is a good one.

Rascals

Picard, Guinan, Ro and Keiko are turned into 11 and 12 year old kids.

They are instrumental in saving the ship from a Ferengi takeover.

One of my favorites.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Fury

An aged Kess comes back to the past Voyager when they have only been in the Delta quadrant a month or two and betrays them all to the Vidians, to take their organs.

Fun seeing how the future Janeway had prepared to prevent this happening again.

Though I still can't see how Kes could evolve into a higher form of life and then de- evolve. Maybe Ocompans have a bizarre evolutionary cycle?

Lifeline

The Doctor gets sent back 30,000 light years to the Alpha Quadrant.. his creator, Prof. Zimmerman is fatally ill.

Reg Barclay is there and sets it up so that the two will get along and learn to trust each other.

I like this one a lot.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Little Green Men

It was on late last night. I taped but was not awake to watch, but I have seen it before - Quark, Rom and Nog arrive back on Earth in 1947 and are captured by the army and thought to be from Mars.. escpecially when their universal translators are on the fritz!

One of my all time favorites from this series.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
A Fistful Of Datas

A fun episode! Worf, Troi and Alexander are trapped in an old west holo - program and the safety interlocks are disengaged.

It reminded me a bit of Back To The Future part lll.

The Quality of Life

Kinda dumb episode where Data is willing to sacrifice Picard and Geordi because he believes that 3 robotic machines have achieved sentience.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Unimatrix Zero parts 1 & 2

Seven discovers a place where Borgs are individuals. It is accessable to Borgs only while they are regenerating. The Borg Queen is working to destroy this place.

Seven tells Captain Janeway, who cooks up a plan to help the Borg who visit Unimatrix Zero - however, it is quite risky as it involves Torres, Janeway and Tuvok entering the Borg cube where the Queen is.. and being assimiluated!
( The Doctor has given them nueral suppressants that help the 3 retain their individuality. Tuvok succumbs to the collective, though. \:\( )

Voyager is badly damaged in a fight with the Borg cube.

Janeway injects a virus into the collective that enables the drones who go to Unimatrix Zero to retain their individuality even while not regenerating.

The Borg Queen captures Janeway and makes her watch cube after cube be destroyed
as she demands that Janeway give her the cure for this virus; Janeway tells her there is none.

Just as a badly damaged but somewhat repaired Voyager is going to confront a Borg sphere, it turns out to have been commandered by liberated Borg.

Chakotay arranges with these free Borg to destroy Unimatrix Zero and all Borg
in there are urged to leave. They lose that lovely place which is wooded with beautiful shores, but they have gained their independance for real.

Janeway, Tuvok and Torres are beamed aboard just as the Queen orders the cube they are in to self destruct.

In Sickbay, a healing Janeway and Seven talk; Janeway has gained a new respect for Seven now that she knows what it is like to have to have Borg hardware removed from her body, and Seven, who had had a romance with a man in Unimatrix Zero and who rekindled it only to lose the man as he is in the Beta Quadrant.

Seven asks Janeway to remind her that the encounter was indeed worthwhile whenever she tells Janeway that it was not.

This is an excellent two part episode.

The pace was good, dialogue believable and story was quite interesting.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
The Haunting Of Deck 12

Neelix tells the Borg kids a ghost story while they are unable to leave where they are in the ship.

You find out at episode's end that his story of a creature haunting deck 12 is true.

A very good episode.

life." - Tuvok.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

Bow ties are coool.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Chain Of Command

This is a great two parter.

"There ... are... four.. lights!"

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Imperfection
Seven's life is at risk when her cortical implant - essential for regulating her implants and balancing them with her human physiology - starts to degrade. As Captain Janeway and the Doctor try to come up with a way to help her, Icheb realises he may have to take matters into his own hands by disconnecting his own cortical node so that it can be donated to Seven.

Both live after the procedure. I like this one. Not every episode has to have a fight or a chase scene to keep me happy.

Drive

Paris and Kim enter a race that symbolises a peace treaty between four warring races. Meanwhile, B'Elanna fears that she and Tom aren't meant to be together.

They fly the race together. After Harry warns them by morse code that their ship will explode ( Due to sabotage ) and they must eject the warp core, thet two get married and go off in the Flyer for their honeymoon.

Very cute.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Judgement

Archer is put on trial for crimes against the Klingon Empire.

Horizon

Travis's visit home to the ECS Horizon becomes rather turbulent, as he clashes with his brother, the ship's new captain, and as the ship is attacked by pirates.

The Breach

When militants take over a world, the Enterprise crew move to evacuate Denobulan geologists that are deep underground. Meanwhile, Phlox has to save a dying Antaran that refuses treatment due to the history of their races.

Cogenitor

The Enterprise crew makes first contact with the Vissians, a species with three genders. When Trip meets one of the species' third gender, known as Cogenitor, he is disturbed to learn that all cogenitors are treated extremely poorly.

This one was the best of the lot. Trip tries to help the Cogenitor by teaching her to read and about the galaxy, but causes trouble instead.

The Cogenitor commits suicide later. Trip is devastated.

That is a tough way to learn, but that is how the non interference clause came to be..

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Aquiel

This one I like. A shape shifting monster is discovered to be on board a space station. Geordi falls for a girl who is suspected of being this monster.

Very cool, especially the last 5 minutes.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Critical Care

The Doctor is kidnapped and forced to tend to patients onboard an alien ship where only the rich and important recieve proper medical care, while the poor are often allowed to die.

Gee, that sounds just like here on Earth!

A good episode and one that encourages thinking.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Body and Soul

Seven is forced to hide The Doctor's program by downloading him into her implants, when the Delta Flyer comes under attack from the Lokirrim. Meanwhile, on Voyager, Tuvok enters Pon Farr.

This one had it's moments. Love the dialogue between Seven and the Doctor at the end.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Face of the Enemy

Troi has to become a Romulan and be onboard one of their ships to send some spies back with valuable info.

I like this one more with time. It is very intense.

Tapestry

Awesome Q episode, and is one of my top ten all time favorites from all the Trek shows combined.

Picard: "You are not God! I refuse to believe that the universe was designed so badly."

heh...

life." - Tuvok.

some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
the mod can delete this post and any reply if needed on account of me messing anything up..

but dude..

what the fuck are you doing?

Are you reciting episodes from memory or something?

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod
the mod can delete this post and any reply if needed on account of me messing anything up..

but dude..

what the fuck are you doing?

Are you reciting episodes from memory or something?

I love Star Trek. That's it, plain and simple.

I watch the show every weekday, whenever I can.

life." - Tuvok.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Ok..

I get that much.

What are you doing though?

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I watch the episodes and talk either briefly or at length about them.

I also do this for:

Stargate SG -1
The Legion Of Super Heroes
Doctor Who

These just aren't shows I like, they are my love, my obssession and my passion.

life." - Tuvok.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
ok cool. Just wondering.

Can someone segueway with other Trek talk or is this just synopsis specific?

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Other Trek talk is cool.

Star Trek: TOS
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Star Trek: Voyager
Star Trek: Enterprise

The movies
Comic books
Cons
Toys
Interviews
Books
Fan Fiction

etc
etc
etc.

life." - Tuvok.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Have any of you discussed this yet?

http://www.StarTreknewvoyages.com

Quote:
August 23, 2007

SCREENING ROOM

'Star Trek's' five-year mission continues

By Susan King, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer

ALONG with all the movies they know so well, fans will see something new at the four-day "Star Trek" marathon that begins tonight at the Fine Arts Theater in Beverly Hills: a freshly made episode of the legendary sci-fi series, featuring some of the original cast members.

Directed by sci-fi writer Marc Scott Zicree, "World Enough and Time" is an hourlong homage to the 1966-69 TV show, based on a story that Michael Reaves had come up with in 1976 when Paramount was thinking of reviving the series. It features George Takei, Grace Lee Whitney and Majel Barrett Rodenberry from the original "Star Trek," with new actors in the roles of Capt. Kirk, Mr. Spock and Dr. McCoy.

The episode screens at the Fine Arts tonight and also will be streaming on the Internet free at http://www.StarTreknewvoyages.com and http://www.magictimeonline.com

STAR TREK: NEW VOYAGES EPISODES

For any lingering Star Trek jonesing any of you may be having.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
That's a pretty cool site!

Thanks, Whomod!

I'll have to watch the episodes another time when I don't have to be up so early
the next day, but I liked what I did watch for about ten minutes or so.

life." - Tuvok.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
No problem. I've yet to actually make the time to see a full episode myself althouh I've already downloaded most of them.

That "World Enough And Time" one apparently is the cream of the crop thanks to George Takei and Majel Barrett appearing in it.

the somewhat cheesiness of the actors is offset by the cool CGI, the story itself, and THOSE SETS!

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Woudln't you know it....

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

Kirk tries to fuck Sulu's daughter.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Heh

I'll soon watch that and see!

Birthright 2 parts

Data discovers he can dream.

We meet the DS 9 crew.

Worf goes off to find his father but instead finds a Romulan detention camp with several Klingon prisoners in it.

He instigates a revolt among the Klingons, and, as he ias about to be executed, the Klingons choose to die with him.

The Romulans do not kill Worf, but instaed allow he and a few young Klingons to go free.

They vow to preserve the honor of their parents and tell no one about the camp.

A great Worf episode.

This is a great one about faith and belief in one's self.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Flesh and Blood

The holographic beings that Janeway gave to the Hirogen learn and become too dangerous even for the Hirogen to handle.

They take a ship and kidnap the Doctor, who is freed but later joins them again.

The liberate other holo - people but kill humans.

The Doctor begins to doubt the Holo - leader's intentions.

Voyager defeats the holograms but Janeway is pissed at the Doctor for joining them.

This picks up on the theme of Holograms having rights and being sentient.

Pretty good two part episode.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Beardguy57
Flesh and Blood

The holographic beings that Janeway gave to the Hirogen learn and become too dangerous even for the Hirogen to handle.

They take a ship and kidnap the Doctor, who is freed but later joins them again.

The liberate other holo - people but kill humans.

The Doctor begins to doubt the Holo - leader's intentions.

Voyager defeats the holograms but Janeway is pissed at the Doctor for joining them.

This picks up on the theme of Holograms having rights and being sentient.

Pretty good two part episode.

The amazing thing is how Captain Janeway forgives the Doctor for siding with the holograms.

She tells him that he is becoming as fallable as the humans on Voyager and does not punish him or take away any of his privelages.

Wow// just wow!

life." - Tuvok.

Page 35 of 40 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 39 40

Link Copied to Clipboard