Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 36 of 40 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Lineage

B'Elanna is pregnant; she is afraid that her daughter will be made fun of and rejected because, being part KLingon, she will look and behave differently.

Tom assures her that he will not leave her as her father had, and he will be there for B'Elanna and their daughter and any other future children they might have.

I like. It was good to see an episode about love and acceptance.

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Lessons

Picard falls in love with a fellow crew member, and realizes it is too much of a distraction when she goes on a dangerous away mission.

Kinda sad, but I guess this is why many on the job romances don't work out.

I like the woman he fell for. She was a strong, passionate, caring woman.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Regeneration

This is technically the first Borg encounter, although we never hear the name " Borg" mentioned.

It was excellent! Loved seeing how the Borg from the sphere which blew up during " First Contact " crashed in the cold of one of the poles and the scientists who found them became Borg themselves after the Borg they found repaired themselves by use of nano technology.

And how Dr. Phlox fought off and won against becoming Borg.

The first historical Borg enounter.. or, second, if you count the one in " First Contact."

First Flight

Archer tells T'Pol the story of when he and a rival named A.G. Robinson were in competition for breaking the warp 2 barrier.

This was interesting - I liked seing how the warp 2 barrier was broken.

Sometimes ya gotta take a chance...

Bounty

Archer learns the Klingons have put a price on his head when he is captured by a Tellarite bounty hunter. As Enterprise pursues, a virus causes T'Pol to go into premature Pon Farr.

I was watching Heroes while taping this one, darn it. Gotta watch the tape later this week.

Expanse

An alien race known as the Xindi launch an attack on Earth, causing great casualties and massive damage. As Enterprise heads back home, an unlikely source informs Archer about the Xindi and that their next attack will destroy Earth.

On now. T'Pol wants to resign, and Trip's sister was killed in the Xindi attack.

Never saw this one before - it is quite good.

Sad that Trip's sister had to die, and all the other 7 million others..

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Frame Of Mind

Riker is being mindfucked by aliens who are keeping him captive on a planet where the government has recently collapsed.

It's pretty weird.

It was good though..

Lessons

Picard's old acedemy archeaology teacher is killed for searching for an artifact; The Romulans, Klingons and Cardassians are after it too.

They are angry when they reach a planet and all they find is a message from a long dead alien woman telling them that her race was the first and so they sewed the seeds for other races - including all theirs.

They reject the idea that they each have some of her, and some of each other in them.

Pretty cool episode, especially the last 5 minutes.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Repentance

Voyager is forced to evaluate their ethical beliefs, as well as those of an alien criminal justice system, when they rescue a Nygean prison warden, and his prisoners scheduled to be executed.

One of the prisoners is cured by an injection of Seven's nano probes. They fall for each other.

The family of the man he killed does not grant him his request for leniency and he is excecuted.

Kinda sad but well done. You knew the guy just had to die, though he was not wearing a red shirt..

He had a flaw in his brain that had made him violent and Seven's nano probes fixed it when he was injected with them.

But he was excecuted anyway.

Wonder how often that happens in real life?

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Suspicions

A cool " Who dunnit " episode, with the focus on Dr. Crusher, as she tries to find out who killed a Ferengi scientist who had created "Metaphasic shielding " which can protect a ship from the heat of the sun when up close to it.

The Metaphasic Shielding will be used again in the first episode, 7 th season.

One of the actors in this episode reappears in that episode.

" The Heir "

Worf begins to doubt his beliefs in Kah'less and Stovacor. He goes to a Klingon world to seek a vision of Kah'less when Kah'less seemingly appears to all.

It is discovered that this Kah'less is actually a clone.

It is decided to let him serve as an inspiration to all Klingons.

Love the final dialogue between Worf and the Kah'less clone.

Clone: " I sense you are still troubled."

Worf: " Yes, before you reappeared, I doubted my faith. I still do now."

Clone: " Does it matter so much that I am not the real Kah'less? Kah'less was a good man who taught Klingons how to be good Klingons. What matters more, the words or the man?"

That was awesome....

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Workforce

The crew has to abandon Voyager due to radiation and leaves the Doctor alone on the ship. He becomes the Emergency Command Hologram again.

The crew is brainwashed on an alien planet into thinking they are workers.

Chakotay helps put things right.

This is a good one.

Hell, most Voyager episodes are good..

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Human Error

When Seven tries to perfect her social skills on the holodeck, her hobby quickly becomes an obsession, leading her to neglect her duties.

She has a romantic relationship with a hologram of Chakotay.

When she falls ill, it is discovered that one of her Borg implants is designed to prevent romantic feelings by shutting down.

The Doctor offers to shut this implant off but Seven refuses.

I guess she is afraid of romance, of getting close to another.

Being a Borg did not prepare her for that.

Poor Seven. \:\(

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Q2

On old theme done again: Q's teenage son, Q, arrives on Voyager and causes trouble, and invokes an encounter with the Borg.

His father, Q arrives and puts it right, sending the Borg away and fixing the damage from their attack.

Q leaves Junior with Janeway minus his powers, to learn to be more.. human.

Junoir screws up and gets Icheb hurt when he steals a shuttle and has a run - in with aliens; Junior learns a lesson in humility when he must go back to the aliens and apologize to save his friend, Icheb - and the alien turns out to be Q.

Junior passed the test - he gets to be human and not be punished - but has his powers taken away, anyway.

He stays with Voyager without powers and actually behaves and learns.. untilQ arrives and takes him back to the Continum after begging them to give the kid another chance.. and the kid gets his powers back .. but one stipulation: Q must not let Junior out of his site!

The kid who played Junior is actually Q's ( John DeLancie ) son in real life.

The episode was done before on Next Generation before with Q losing his powers in the ep. called " Deja Q. "

But I did like this one.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Well, yesterday, " Author, Author " was on. The Doctor was writing a holo - novel about a holographic Doctor on a starship called Vortex that is trapped in the Delta quadrant and the crew are treating him like crap.

The Voyager crew view his holo novel and are hurt and insulted.

They urge him to edit it and he refuses. He sends it to a publisher in the Alpha quadrant, as Voyager is able to communicate with home now.

The publisher publishes the program, even after the Doctor finally realizes he must change it and had wanted to revise it but was denied that.

Thus, a hearing ensues with the rights of a hologram being the topic. Can you say " The Measure Of A Man " ?

It was an ok show, and the Doctor is at least granted control of his art as an artist, and Hologram rights will be explored.

Nice bit at the end with the hologram miners who look like the Doctor talking about his holo novel while working in a mine.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
The Xindi war begins!

The Xindi, Anomaly, Extinction and Rajiin were on. I liked them except Extinction was kinda dumb. It was the old " Captain and bridge crew get turned into aliens " thing again. Ugh!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
There is no more Next Gen. on Spike TV.

I think it is on G2 on some nights, not sure when.

I hope DS 9 stays on till I have 'em all, which would be around late January.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Endgame was just on. I love this one, but it is a mixed feeling for me when they get home finally.. the show is over...

But I am happy that Voyager made it home.

wow...

life." - Tuvok.

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Voyager had some good moments,but mostly it was poor acting and lame characters.

Endgame was one of the good stories they told.

The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People
Voyager had some good moments,but mostly it was poor acting and lame characters.

Endgame was one of the good stories they told.

Also, the writing was very poor as well. I hated how they were always status quo at the end of every episode.

There was always some cheap plot device to make the episodes "never have happend". Year of Hell for example.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Voyager tried to seem edgy but still stay the same, which often resulted in the characters having big life changing events that don't effect them whatsoever. DS9 on the other hand was great with character progression.

Bow ties are coool.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I like Voyager a lot.

I like the characters. The acting is great.

The stories have good dialogue, interesting plots and the episodes are very re - watchable.

life." - Tuvok.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
well i went into great detail earlier on this thread about my views on Voyager. and am too tired to write it out again, but i understand watching it. it's like a guilty pleasure of star trek, not great but you can enjoy watching it. i know i hated it when it was on because i would watch each week hoping for a good episode to compare to the DS9 that had just aired a few days earlier and being let down, but now that i know what to expect i can enjoy it.

Bow ties are coool.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Rennaissance Man

Captain Janeway is captured by aliens while on a mission in the Delta Flyer with The Doctor, who returns to Voyager and impersonates various crew members in order to take the Flyer and bring the warp core to the same aliens who tried to capture Voyager through the Doctor's daydreams in a previous episode.

He does so, in a rather clever fashion, and is betrayed by the aliens who want to keep him to do spy missions... they download too much info into him and his holo matrix begins to destabilize.

Meanwhile, Tuvok and Paris mount a rescue mission... the aliens surrender the warp core, but the Doctor has to prevent them from blowing it up! He succeeds and all are back on Voyager and the warp core put back where it belongs.

THe Doctor thinks he is going to die and tells the bridge crew his inner most secrets, like that he love Seven and told Neelix about a sore on Tuvok's butt,
and tehn Be'Lanna and Seven save him.

Embarrassed, he stays in sickbay for a week.

Captain Janeway comes to see

him and tells him that his punishment for disobeying orders and taking the
warp core when she told him not to is no mobile emitter for a week, but since he didn't use it for seven days and puts it back on him.

I like!

Caretaker 1 and 2 was on,but some idiot added a third episode of Voyager so I had to miss part 2 so's I could watch Stargate SG 1.

It was strange to see how things were in the beginning, as the characters had evolved so much since then.

And I miss seeing Seven.. she will not appear until " Scorpion " at the end of season 3.

life." - Tuvok.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Beardguy57

And I miss seeing Seven.. she will not appear until " Scorpion " at the end of season 3.

Seven didn't appear until Scorpion part 2, the season 4 premiere. I think Voyager's best years were the first 2, then they played the "we're in dangerous territory with finite resources" more honestly.

Bow ties are coool.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
The best two on last night were:

Impulse

Enterprise finds a Vulcan ship where all 140 crew members act and even look like vicious zombies from hell.

It was pretty cool watching Archer, T'Pol and a few others fight them off until They could be rescued by a shuttle pod from Enterprise.

It turns out that the crew of Impulse had gone cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs because of an element that occured naturally in nearby asteriods; they could not be cured, but when T'Pol got the same disease, Dr. Phlox was able to make her well again because she had not been exposed to the element as long as the other Vulcans had.

Twilight

Archer is hurt by an anomaly that passes through the ship; his memory is affected. Every day he wakes up and thinks it is the day after he got hurt again.

The Zindi blow up Earth; he and the last 6,000 surviving humans settle on a planet until the Zindi find and begin to exterminate them.

Archer is taken by Dr Phlox to Enterprise where a cure for his problem is discovered... radiation from the ship's warp engines can cure him.

Before the treatments are done, the Zindi attack Enterprise. Archer over loads three fusion reactors, which explode and cause a sub space breach, and he is cured.. and thrown back in time to just after he was first injured... only this time, his injury is not permanent.

Love this one, too.

life." - Tuvok.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

Twilight

Archer is hurt by an anomaly that passes through the ship; his memory is affected. Every day he wakes up and thinks it is the day after he got hurt again.

The Zindi blow up Earth; he and the last 6,000 surviving humans settle on a planet until the Zindi find and begin to exterminate them.

Archer is taken by Dr Phlox to Enterprise where a cure for his problem is discovered... radiation from the ship's warp engines can cure him.

Before the treatments are done, the Zindi attack Enterprise. Archer over loads three fusion reactors, which explode and cause a sub space breach, and he is cured.. and thrown back in time to just after he was first injured... only this time, his injury is not permanent.

Love this one, too.

i liked that one too. i liked seeing Earth wiped out. Here's some trivia for you: did you notice that the planet the humans settled on was Ceti Alpha V, the same planet Kirk put Khan on.

Bow ties are coool.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man

Twilight

Love this one, too.

i liked that one too. i liked seeing Earth wiped out. Here's some trivia for you: did you notice that the planet the humans settled on was Ceti Alpha V, the same planet Kirk put Khan on.

Yeah, I noticed that, Ray.. and recall I thought " Ironic." when they settled there.

This is one of my all time episodes of ANY Trek show.

Archer couldn't even be killed until he got the 3 reactors to explode. I think he knew that doing so would put right what had gone wrong. \:\)

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Hard Time

O'brien is captured by aliens and sentenced to have 20 years of memories from a prison term implanted into his brain.

He copes poorly, losing his temper with friends and family.

We later learn that, in this 20 year prison term, he killed his cellmate for the tiny bit of food he'd been saving.

The "Ghost " of this dead cellmate haunts O'Brien.

Racked with guilt, O'Brien is about to commit suicide with a phaser when Dr Bashir finds him, and O'brien tells him why he wants to die.

Bashir talks him out of it.

He prescribes medication for O'Brien, to help ease the pain and guilt, to be taken only for a while.

Unlike most Trek shows, O'Brien's memories are permanent.

Although he never mentions it again.

But the problem.. the memories... will never be removed.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Well, there are FOUR Voyager episodes on per weekday now.. this is nuts, as it will only take 2 and a half months to go through all 7 seasons, instead of five as before.

Today, Harry Kim was whisked away to a planet where people are beamed out to an asteroid field when they die.

An alien woman is revived when her body appears on Voyager, as many bodies start
arriving on the ship now.

The woman is sad - she misses her family. She later dies when Janeway attempts to swap her for Harry on a gambit which fails.

Harry tells the aliens on their homeworld that they wind up on an asteroid. They begin to question whether there really is an afterlife.

Harry is rescued but dies, but they bring him back.

Janeway gives him two days off to reflect on his experience.

I like this one... How do we know there really is an afterlife or not?

Because we choose to believe...

IN the next episode, Tom Paris is convicted of a murder he did not commit, and is sentenced to relive the murder once a day, which causes brain damage.

Tuvok saves the day by melding with Paris and figuring out who really killed the man.. it was his wife.

So, yes, the problem was all fixed at the end.. but, it would have caused Paris permanent brain damage to not have this fixed.

I am very unfond of Voyager's first season - that is whjy I did not care to remember the episode's names.

The second season gets better.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Faces

I like this one; BE'Lanna is split into 2 seperate beings. One is all Klingon,the other, all human.

They escape from a scientist's trap by working together.

One of the best early BE'Lanna episodes.

after that, an alien entity took over Tuvok.

Chakotay was injured and his soul is out of his body - he is instrumental in saving Voyager from being completely taken over by aliens.

Jetrel

The man who designed the weapon that destroyed all life on the moon of Neelix's homeworld, including that of his family, diagnoses Neelix with a fatal illness.

The man tries to bring back Neelix's people but fails. One of better early Neelix episodes.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Heroes and Demons

Things go awry with Harry Kim's holodeck program based on the novel " Beowolf", and the Doctor goes to the holodeck to save Harry, Tuvok and Chakotay, who have disappeared into it.

He falls in love with a holodeck character, who dies.

This is the first real solo Doctor episode; it is also the first time he falls in love.

It is a good one.

life." - Tuvok.

Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
The channel that airs TNG does it again for the 3rd time now. A bit tiresome, especially when it's season 1, but nobody forces me to watch it. If there wasn't so much sci-fi on TV already, I'd write the channel an e-mail and ask to show TOS, DS-9, or something that's not ST, like Space 99, Blake 7, Twiligt Zone or whatnot.

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sweden
The channel that airs TNG does it again for the 3rd time now. A bit tiresome, especially when it's season 1, but nobody forces me to watch it. If there wasn't so much sci-fi on TV already, I'd write the channel an e-mail and ask to show TOS, DS-9, or something that's not ST, like Space 99, Blake 7, Twiligt Zone or whatnot.

They show four Voyager episodes a day here! that is too much.

I'd rather they show only two a day, and then have an extra DS-9, and one Next Gen. per day...

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Shattered Mirror

Sisko's deceased wife, Jennifer, has a parallel world counterpart who comes to the station..

She kidnaps Jake, forcing Sisko to go to her world.

She wants Benjamin to fix their version of the Defiant, which he does. They attack a huge enemy ship and make it retreat.

Jake sees this Jennifer as his mother, even though she never had a child.

The Regent ( played with relish by Nana Visitor ) mortally wounds Jennifer, who saved Jake by taking the shot meant for him.

Bejamin returns just in time be there when Jennifer dies.

So, they lost her a second time.. damn, that is rough.

Love the episode.

The Muse

A pregnant Lwaxana Troi arrives on Deep Space Nine, distressed over the prospect of having her child taken away by its Tavnian father. In order to assist her in keeping her child in accordance with Tavnian law, Odo offers to marry her. Meanwhile, Jake finds inspiration in Onaya, an alien woman with sinister motives.

Onaya inspires paasionate creativity in artists and writer, but drains their life essence in the process.

Benjamin stops her before Jake dies; she turns into an energy form and flies away.

Too bad that energy guy from the Next Generation episode called " Transfigurations " wasn't there! The two energy beings could have fought!
It would have been like that two part FF issue where the Hulk and The Thing slugged it out in New York!

Odo marries Lwaxana to keep her from having to give the Tavnian guy her child, as per Tavnian customs.

Odo asks her to stay before she goes back to Betazet, but she tells him she might be able to make Odo love her in time, but that she would resent him if he did not fall in love with her.

So,she leaves.

A terrific episode!

life." - Tuvok.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Voyager sucks!

It's just been a while since I last typed that.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Learning Curve

In order to bring some rebellious former Maquis crew members into line, Tuvok gives them a crash course in Starfleet discipline and protocol.

This one was pretty good.

The 37's

After discovering a 1936 Ford truck floating in space, Voyager follows an AM-band SOS call to a nearby planet. There, they discover a series of cryo-stasis chambers containing humans abducted from Earth during the 1930s, including Amelia Earhart and her navigator.

Second season begins... this is the best of today's epiosdes.

Initiations

A young Kazon trying to earn his name and place among his people kidnaps and tries to kill Chakotay.

Aaron Eisenberg, who played Nog on DS - 9 guest stars. He was good and obnoxious
in this episode.

Projections

When the Doctor is activated during a Red Alert, he learns that the ship has been abandoned, and that only B'Elanna Torres and an injured Captain Janeway are left on board. Soon afterwards, evidence starts to suggest that he is not, in fact, the EMH on Voyager, but actually its creator, Dr Zimmerman, stuck in a malfunctioning holodeck on Jupiter Station.

I never saw this one before! Wow.

Too bad it wasn't very good. I have seen many other Doctor episodes that were way more amusing.

life." - Tuvok.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
TNG and DS9 set the bar high. Whatever followed had to be as good or better. Poor Voyager just did not reach those levels.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
it did for me. but thats just my opinion...

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
Now Star trek is commerial entertainment and needs viewers to sate advertisers and their dollars. So generally, you need to appeal to a wide base and not just Trekkers.

At what point did Star Trek as a franchise lose the masses? It certainly was a safe enough bet that Paramount decided to launch an entire network on it's back. At some point after that, it lost those masses. Both in film and TV.

I recall some of the arguments being that it got too lost in it's own techno-babble and geekiness and it no longer was relatable to average viewers.

Where do you see it losing the millions? And this is not necessarily a question of when did YOU not like it.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Dig back to the first few pages of this thread to find out.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: K-nutreturns
it did for me. but thats just my opinion...

Thank you, K - Nut. As you know, I like Voyager, too.

life." - Tuvok.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
Voyager sucks!

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
This thread is being kept alive by viewers like you. \:\)

Thank you for your contributation.

life." - Tuvok.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Voyager sucks!

Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People
TNG and DS9 set the bar high. Whatever followed had to be as good or better. Poor Voyager just did not reach those levels.

on all counts. Except substitute "the Dominion War" for DS9 in Lothar's post.

TNG remains the high-water mark for me and many fans in terms of consistently good Trek. After Roddenberry died, we started seeing some deviation from his original singular vision for Trek. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing - hippie morality plays in OUTER SPACE tend to bore me after the second or third nearly identical one. But as DS9 progressed, there seems as I look back to be a 'buckshot' effect where the unity of the ongoing storyline (not to be confused with the continuity; one's conceptual and the other's structural) starts to dissolve and the focus of the show fans out so much it's barely impacting anything after a while.

Dominion War brought it all back together for a kickass wild ride - a decidedly less placid Trek universe that more adequately satisfied a different generation of viewers. But Voyager went right back to the trend of every creative entity having a completely different direction in mind for the show (if not the franchise), a trend that's killed many a promising franchise within and beyond sci-fi. For almost the entire damn series, they were all over the map, not just in the structural (continuity) aspect of the show but the conceptual (unity) aspect of the show as well. For a while, the most you can say to address the artistic unity of the show is "well, they're still on the way back to the Alpha Quadrant at least".

I'm not going to discuss Enterprise at this time because I don't feel like dealing with the Wrath of Pro™.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Page 36 of 40 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Link Copied to Clipboard