Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 37 of 40 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 40
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
Dig back to the first few pages of this thread to find out.

Really. I've read page after page in the begining of this thread.

All you guys seemed to talk about then was the gay subtext of Star Trek.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
The franchise does need a rest with a, what, fifteen or so year run of always having a Trek on TV? Let the dust settle. In ten or so years, I think fans will probably be a little more willing to accept a revised Trek that does more than tread the same ole ground episode after episode.

Originally Posted By: the G-man
I think the problem for "Trek" ultimately came down to, as the article hints, too much of it going on the air.

There was almost a 20 year gap between the original series and TNG. That gave the writers of the show 20 years of cultural change-and 20 years of new technology-to work with.

Since, TNG, however, the producers kept one version of Trek after another coming out, each mining the same themes over and over.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Elogium

A ginormous space monster is holding the ship captive because it wants to mate with the ship; proximity to it is making Kes go into a mating cycyle prematurely.

Neelix is reluctant to mate with Kes as it means he'd actually have to raise and be responsible for a kid.... but Ocompans can only have a child once. Same goes for men - they can only mate once. So, how does their species survive?

Chakotay figures out that, instead of the ship fighting back, it needs to adopt a passive nature with the monster... which lets it go after it does.

Kes decides not to mate.. she will wait till her cycle occurs naturally.

Not one of the best, but was ok.

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

Bow ties are coool.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Sisko discovers that Kasidy is smuggling medical supplies to the Maquis. However, the motives of the security officer conducting the investigation are less than honourable. Kasidy is caught, and put in jail. Eddington lures Sisko away from DS - 9 so that he can help the Maqui, and then leaves the station. Pretty good episode. For some stupid reason, I am unable to post the title at the top, but it is " For THe Cause."

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Twisted

Voyager encounters a wierd anomaly in space that twists the ship into a weird shape and it does the same to the crew, but they survive.

It is touching, when they think they could die, how they tell each other what is really on their minds.

This is the start of many years more of great episodes, as the show finds it's voice in the second season.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Northstar

Enterprise discovers a planet in the Expanse, whose society is identical to the "wild west", and is surprisingly inhabited by humans, who are oppressing another species.

This one is ok...

Similitude

Trip is injured during an attempt to improve the warp engines. Archer allows Phlox to create a symbiote of Trip, which will only live for fifteen days and provide neural tissue needed for a vital transplant.

They already covered this ground on a few other Trek shows, but it was a good one.

Carpenter Street

Daniels sends Archer and T'Pol to 2004 Detroit to follow three Xindi-Reptilians who are creating a biological weapon.

Never saw it before; It was pretty good. The guy who was betraying and capturing humans was in Voyager and Alien " Ressurection ". He's good at playing assholes. I saw him on CSI once, too.

Chosen Realm

Enterprise comes to the aid of the Triannon, a species that worships the Spheres and their Builders. Once aboard Enterprise, their leader D'Jamat commandeers the ship in order to fight a holy war, and wipe out the heretics on his homeworld.

This one mirrors the idiotic fanatical stance of present day Earth terrorists.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Assistance

Janeway is rescued by an old guy who thinks she is his daughter; Tuvok and B'Ellana are captured on this same planet while all plus Neelix ( Who got away successfully. ) where looking for badly needed Tellarium for the ship's power systems.

The ship is brought back to full power thanks to Neelix and the tellarium he escaped with, but Tuvok is being beaten and interrogated in prison.

Voyager comes upwith a plan and beams everyone out, but not before the old guy sacrifices himslef to save Janeway, whom he believed was his daughter.

A good one.

Prototype

Voyager finds a robot and B'Elanna fixes it; then it kidnaps her when it's ship is near.

The Robo - ship attacks Voyager until BE'Lannna promises to build a prototype so that this group of robots will a millions year old war with robots from another planet where the robots killed all the people ( this happened on both sides. ) because the people wanted to end the war.

All the robots know is fighting....

So she builds the prototype but is appalled to learn she has just shifted the balance of power in this war.

She destroys the prototype,and is beamed back to Voyager in the proverbial nick of time.

Janeway talks to her and BE'Lanna tells her it was not easy to kill her creation.

This is the first of a trend I like where Janway talks to a crew person at episode's end. I like the talks, always did.

Janeway is a great character.

This episode is very good.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
So in todays' ep, Tom Paris does the first trans - Warp flight and later on, mutates into a stupid looking reptile thing, then he clobbers Janeway and takes her back into the shuttle for a trans - warp flight which changes them both into even stupider looking reptile things.

They land the shuttle on a planet, de - evolve, fuck, and Janeway has babies.

Voyager finds 'em and the two are changed back.

Janeway to Paris: " We won't ever speak of this again. "

Thank you!

The end.

Dreadnaught was on later, but I missed it because I had to go food shopping at a crowded, smelly market filled with people who didn't know where they wanted to go and kept stopping in front of me.. then, I had to clean litterboxes after the food was put away. Oh boy.

Dreadnaught is a good one where BE'Lanna has to disarm a bomb - ship that she programmed in the Alpha quadrant against Cardassians when she was a Maqui.

Isn't it funny how everything winds up in the Delta quadrant??

The end.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
There was no Voyager episodes today because they gotten pre - empted by a day long Blade: The Series marathon. \:\(

Hope it will be back on next Monday.

life." - Tuvok.

Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Beardguy57
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sweden
The channel that airs TNG does it again for the 3rd time now. A bit tiresome, especially when it's season 1, but nobody forces me to watch it. If there wasn't so much sci-fi on TV already, I'd write the channel an e-mail and ask to show TOS, DS-9, or something that's not ST, like Space 99, Blake 7, Twiligt Zone or whatnot.

They show four Voyager episodes a day here! that is too much.

I'd rather they show only two a day, and then have an extra DS-9, and one Next Gen. per day...

Four ep:s on one day!?

That's just too much Neelix even for me.

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Starship Mine

Is on now.. a good one!

Spike TV is playing fast and loose with Deep Space Nine.. I only need one and a half seasons till I have 'em all on tape.. but, DS-9 is on a different time each day... tomorrow - Monday, Oct. 22, it will be on at 11:00 am eastern time.

The 5 th season will start again soon.. I only need to tape it and half of season six.. I started taping the show in Jan. of this year.. at the rate of only 3 episodes a week, or about 12 - 13 episodes a month, it seems like it is taking forever!

Voyager is now back to three episodes a day, but I'd rather it be only two a day
as it was before.

Oh well...

life." - Tuvok.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Starship Mine is the one with Tim Russ where the thieves loot the Enterprise during a routine cleaning?
I like that one, especially great is Data's attempts at small talk.

Bow ties are coool.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man
Starship Mine is the one with Tim Russ where the thieves loot the Enterprise during a routine cleaning?
I like that one, especially great is Data's attempts at small talk.

Yup, Tim Russ was in this one.

I like him a lot better as Tuvok, than as a greedy ass crook.

And Data was very amusing with the small talk.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
The Quickening

Bashir and Dax answer a distress call in the Gamma Quadrant; people on a planet
have a disease and Bashir tries hard to find a cure. The people call the disease " The Quickening", and are very harsh with Bashir because they don't want to get false hope that he can cure them.

He sends Dax back to DS - 9, and is caring for a pregnant woman when she has ehr baby... great news! The baby has antibodies against the Quickening, so, while he has yet to find a cure, he did discover how to make a vaccine from the newborn's blood. The children of these people will be disease free.

This is a wonderful episode. One of the best DS - 9's I have seen.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Investigations

After weeks of erratic behavior, Tom Paris leaves Voyager and joins a Talaxian convoy.

This is actually a ruse to find out who the spy is on Voyager.

It is a crew member played by Rapheal Sbarge. You might remember him from such movies as My Science Project and Risky Business.

Nice fight scene between the spy and Neelix.

I like this one as it is written well and is of interest.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Proving Ground

Enterprise detects a signal leading to a testing ground for the Xindi weapon prototype, but they have to move through a field of anomalies in order to get there faster. Enterprise takes heavy damage in the process, but is ultimately saved by an Andorian ship under Shran's command. Shran offers Archer assistance in the battle against the Xindi.

This is a great episode!

Loved it the first time I saw it.

Stratagem

After capturing Degra, the creator of the Xindi weapon, Archer and the Enterprise crew conduct a carefully orchestrated deception in order to convince him to reveal the location of the weapon.

I didn't care much for this one.

Harbinger

Enterprise crew discover a mysterious alien adrift in a small pod within a field of anomalies. Meanwhile, emotions run high as Reed feels threatened by Major Hayes, and T'Pol learns that Trip has been giving neuro-pressure to a female MACO.

This one is pretty cool. Some good fight scenes between Malcolm and Major Hayes.

The alien on ship can walk through walls and shit like that.

Doctor's Orders

When a transdimensional disturbance is altering the space between Enterprise and Azati Prime, Phlox must put the entire crew into a comatose state, and run the ship alone, in order to cross the region safely.

Very cool episode. Similar to the Voyager one where Seven of Nine has to remain awake while the crew was in stasis as they crossed a nebula.

Loved how the Doctor hallucinated T'Pol, helping him.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Deadlock

An accident in a plasma cloud creates a duplicate Voyager after they are attacked by the Vidiians.

Kinda lame. I see duplication episodes as being about as lame as " Alien takes over the crew "episodes.

This means that, since one Janeway blew up the ship, and one Voyager survived, and since Harry Kim and one newborn Naomi Wildman died, we'll never know who was the duplicate and who was the original. This one is best left forgotten..

Innocence

When Tuvok crashes on a moon, he discovers three small children who believe they are about to die.

And later, the adults of that race tell Janeway that their people age in reverse, so, the younger they get, the closer they are to dying.

Does that mean they are born being 82 year old infants? Weird...

Tuvok stayed with the last child who was to die soon, a little girl. As I said before, a weird episode, but it did make for a cute story.

The Thaw

The crew of Voyager encounters a planet that has recently entered an ice age. They discover a series of stasis chambers where a small group of people are mentally connected to an artificial environment that turned horribly wrong.

Michael McKean plays Fear, a being who lives in a computer matrix. He does a splendid performance as fear, too.

He scares one hostage to death. He demands Janeway visit him in this matrix.. she volunteers to stay if he'll let all the hostages go.. Fear agrees, but discovers he has been tricked, as this Janeway is a hologram.

Splendid episode!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Tuvix

A personal favorite. Tuvok and Neelix are accidentally combined into one person,
Tuvix.. who is both of them,yet neither.. as he refers to himself as a seperate
entity from the two.

He refers to the two as being his " parents ", yet, when a cure is found after a few weeks to seperate and bring back Neelix and Tuvok, Tuvix balks at what would turn out to be his death, though it would restore the two.

Captain Janeway orders Tuvix to submit to the procedure, which involves tagging one set of DNA in Tuvix and utilizing the medical transporter in sickbay to seperate Tuvix and bring back Tuvok and Neelix.

The Doctor refuses to do this, citing that it is due to Tuvix not complying of his own free will.

So Janeway does the procedure herself..looking a silent Tuvix in the eye, as he says he forgives them for this..

She activates the transporter, and Tuvok and Neelix are back.. and Tuvix is gone.

This is the most contoversial and thought provoking Voyager episode of all, and, as Ray Adler has stated - Deep Space Nine had episodes like that almost every time, where very few Voyager episodes went that route.

But I love Voyager for what it is.. not for what it wasn't.

Basics

Seska lures Chakotay and Voyager to her, claiming that Maj Cullah is going to kill the baby she created using Chakotay's DNA, once he learns that it isn't his. Chakotay feels compelled to rescue his child, while all the time, he fears it could be a trap.

With the crew stranded on a barren planet, and the ship controlled by the Kazon, it's up to Tom Paris, Lon Suder, and The Doctor to retake Voyager and rescue their crewmates.

Suder has to forget all the training from Tuvok on keeping himself calm, and must go back to his killer's nature if he is to save the ship.

Meanwhile, on the planet where nearly all the crew has been left by the Kazon, Captain Janeway and the rest must deal with hostile primitives, giant cave dwelling monsters, and erupting volcanoes...

Suder kills a Kazon and the Doctor hides the body in a stasis chamber; Seska confronts the Doctor ( Who has already been contacted by Tom Paris with a plan to re-take Voyager. ) who shows her the body and does his best to give Seska as much mis-information as possible. Seska leaves but damages the holo - emitter in sickbay.. the Doctor is now offline.

Paris and a few Talaxian ships attack Voyager's main phaser banks! Suder goes to where he needs in the ship to damage the back up phaser couplings! He kills all the Kazons, and does the sabotage... but is shot by a dying Kazon, and, mortally wounded, Suder finishes his task, then dies..

The phasers over load! Seska is killed! Her baby lives though. A surviving Kazon guy gives the order to abandon Voyager. He takes the baby, who turns out to be his, and not Chakotay's.

Paris and a few Talaxians beam aboard. They repair the ship! They go back to the planet, where Janeway and Company have helped rescue a woman from the primitive tried who'd been trapped by a lava flow!

The woman helps save Ensign Wildman's baby, who was very ill, with a homemade remedy.

Just then, Voyager returns!

The crew is saved!

At episode's end, Seska and Suder's bodies are in sick bay.

Tuvok say that awesome line to the now dead hero, Suder:

life." - Tuvok.

This is my signature here, as you all can see. It is a fantastic line, one of the very best from this show, and it sums up my thoughts about life and death and the afterlife perfectly.

I watched this terrific two parter and Tuvix with my Mom today; I'd just been to the dentist and had yet another perfect check up.

It was her 76 th birthday yesterday. I am quite fortunate to still have her, as I am 50 now. I enjoy sharing my shows with her, and she enjoys them, too.

Basics is an exciting episode from start to finish; it remains a favorite of mine, and is still fun to watch, even several years after it first aired in 1996.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Broken Link

When Odo contracts a mysterious illness, the Defiant crew bring him to the Gamma Quadrant to find the Founders. There, Odo learns that this illness was the Founders' way of forcing him home to the Great Link to stand trial for killing another Changeling.

Another awesome Star Trek episode.

Sisko gets a crew and takes Odo in search of the founders. They come and board the ship.. the female founder takes the Defiant to the Founder planet... Where Odo is judged, found guilty.. healed of the disease he has.. and turned into a solid. He is no longer a changeling!

This is his punishment for being the very first and only changeling to kill another.

Now, back at DS - 9, he must confront eating and other human issues.

This is episode 98.. and, it is the final episode of season 4.

Season 5 starts next week!

And it is a terrific season...

life." - Tuvok.

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Jerry did you know The Enterprise computer system is controlled by three primary main processing cores cross linked with a redundant melacortz ramistat and fourteen kiloquad interface modules? The core elements are based on FTL nanoprocessor units arranged into twenty-five bilateral kelilactirals with twenty of those units being slaved to the central heisenfram terminal. . . . Now this is the isopalavial interface which controls the main firomactal drive unit. . . . The ramistat kiloquad capacity is a function of the square root of the intermix ratio times the sum of the plasma injector quotient.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People
Jerry did you know The Enterprise computer system is controlled by three primary main processing cores cross linked with a redundant melacortz ramistat and fourteen kiloquad interface modules? The core elements are based on FTL nanoprocessor units arranged into twenty-five bilateral kelilactirals with twenty of those units being slaved to the central heisenfram terminal. . . . Now this is the isopalavial interface which controls the main firomactal drive unit. . . . The ramistat kiloquad capacity is a function of the square root of the intermix ratio times the sum of the plasma injector quotient.

Very good, Lothar.. you accurately quoted Commander Riker's little speech to one of the Ferengi who had taken over the Enterprise in this episode:

Rascals

A transporter accident transforms Picard, Ro Laren, Guinan and Keiko O'Brien into small children who appear to be about 12 years old. Matters become complicated when the Ferengi seize the Enterprise.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Apocalypse Rising

Captain Sisko and his crew embark on a mission to expose Gowron as a Changeling who wants to engage a war between the Federation and the Klingon empire. By disguising themselves as Klingons, Captain Sisko and the Defiant crew infiltrate the Klingon homeworld.

And it turns out that General Martok was the changelings. When he is discovered, he tries to kill Odo,who realized it was he, but the Klingons blast the shit out of the changeling with their disruptors.

This one was pretty good. I remember when I first saw it, over 11 years ago.

Yeah, DS - 9 is back on mornings at 11 am.. not sure for how long, though, and they played 4 episodes this week!

life." - Tuvok.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Quote:

Ahh...

One of the reasons I listed as to why people grew tired of Trek.

And yes, my eyes did just glaze over slightly after having had read that.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I like the photo in your signature, Whomod...

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
There was no Voyager today, instead there was Halloween movies \:\(

life." - Tuvok.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Quote:
Shatner not aboard for new 'Star Trek'

October 26, 2007, 3:30 pm PDT

celebs: Zachary Quinto

Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - The original Capt. Kirk is disheartened he won't get to boldly go anywhere with his old pal Spock in the new "Star Trek" movie. While Leonard Nimoy is reprising his role as the pointy-eared Vulcan in next year's science-fiction flick, William Shatner is not on board as Kirk.

"I couldn't believe it. I'm not in the movie at all. Leonard, God bless his heart, is in, but not me," Shatner, 76, told The Associated Press on Thursday. "I thought, what a decision to make, since it obviously is a decision not to make use of the popularity I have to ensure the movie has good box office. It didn't seem to be a wise business decision."

Director J.J. Abrams announced last summer that Nimoy would reprise the role he originated opposite Shatner in the 1960s television show and played again in six big-screen adventures.

Abrams said Shatner probably would have a part in the film, which is due in theaters in December 2008. But while Shatner said he had a couple of meetings with Abrams, nothing came of it.

Abrams' "Trek" film, whose plot is being kept under wraps by distributor Paramount, recounts an early adventure for the crew of the starship Enterprise, with Chris Pines as the young Kirk and Zachary Quinto as the young Spock.

The cast includes Karl Urban as Dr. McCoy, Simon Pegg as engineer Scott, John Cho as helmsman Sulu, Zoe Saldana as communications officer Uhura and Anton Yelchin as navigator Chekov, roles respectively originated by DeForest Kelley, James Doohan, George Takei, Nichelle Nichols and Walter Koenig.

Past "Trek" films presented an obstacle to the revival of Shatner's Kirk, who died at the end of 1994's "Star Trek: Generations."

But in science fiction, you can never truly say die. Spock was killed off in 1982's "Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan" then resurrected in 1984's "Star Trek: The Search for Spock," with Nimoy's Vulcan living on to co-star in three more films, two episodes of "Star Trek: The Next Generation" and now Abrams' new movie.

"I've got a lot to do," said Shatner, whose current work includes the TV show "Boston Legal," narration for the Christmas spoof "Stalking Santa" due on DVD on Nov. 6, and the prequel "Star Trek: Academy Collision Course," a novel chronicling Kirk and Spock's first meeting.

Shatner says of "Star Trek": "Having been in on the creation of it, I was hoping to be in on the re-creation."

What???!!

Is he a moron??

Or did he just forget that he died in "Generations"?

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Remember

After Voyager encounters a telepathic species, B'Elanna starts having powerful dreams that depict the life of a woman and her lover in a time of great political and social upheaval.

B'Elanna sees how the woman's lover, who is a member of a group of poeple different from her own,is killed, along with his people, by the woman's people in a holocaust equal to the one here on Earth in Germany in the 1940's.

The woman is killed for doing this. BE'lanna is able to convince at least one woman that it was real, by getting her to read her memories from the woman who died.

I am impressed with this one.

It was sad but done quite well... a tale of how the truth can be covered up.

life." - Tuvok.

URG Offline
URG am real man!
7500+ posts
URG am real man!
7500+ posts

URG Offline
URG am real man!
7500+ posts
URG am real man!
7500+ posts
You know a member of StarFleet is a redneck when:

His shuttle craft has been up on blocks for over a month
He paints flames and a NRA sticker on the warp nacelles
He refers to Klingons as "Critters"
He refers to Photon Torpedoes as "Popguns"
He has the sensor array repaired with a bent coat hanger and aluminum foil
He installs a set of bullhorns on the front of the saucer section
He says "Got your ears on, good buddy" instead of "open hailing frequencies"
He hangs fuzzy dice over the view screen
He rewires his communicator into his belt buckle
He keeps a six-pack under his command chair and a gun rack above it
He says "Yee-Ha!" instead of "Engage"
He has a hand-tooled holster for his phaser
He insists on calling his executive officer "Bubba"
He sets the foreword view screen to reruns of "Bassmaster"
He programs the food replicator for beer, ribs, and turnip greens
He refers to a Pulsar as a "Blue Light Special"
His moonshine is stronger than Romulan Ale
His idea of a dress uniform is CLEAN bib overalls
He wears mirrored shades on the Bridge
He sets his phaser to "Cajun"

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Future's End
Both Voyager and a 29th century Federation Timeship, the Aeon, are pulled back in time to Earth in the late 20th century. The Timeship Aeon crashes in Arizona during the 1960's, while Voyager appears in orbit around Earth during 1996.

Voyager must find a way to stop Starling, before his attempted use of the timeship destroys Earth's Solar System. Meanwhile, while trying to rescue Paris and Tuvok, Torres and Chakotay are captured by a militia cell who believe that they are from the government.

I like this one. The Doctor gets his mobile emitter.

Then, he gets to be a bigger pain in the ass!

He can travel all over,the same as any other crew member.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
The Q and The Grey

Voyager encounters several supernova in a small region of space. Q soon appears and reveals that they are the after-effects of a civil war within the Q-Continuum. He believes that the solution is for him to produce a child, and he has chosen Captain Janeway as his mate.

But they don't, because, after a showdown in the Q Continuum,Mrs. Q arrives with the crew of Voyager, who rescue Q and Janeway from a fining squad.

Janeway tells Q and Mrs. Q that they ought to mate.. and they do, by just touching fingers for the briefest of moments...

a while later, Q arrives on Voyager to show Janeway his baby boy, who already has Q powers.

It is a pretty cool episode.

Macrocosm

Janeway and Neelix return from an away mission to find Voyager adrift in space and the crew barely alive. They soon learn that the ship has been overrun by viral life forms that are rapidly growing in size.

I didn't used to like this one,but I watched it today and really got into it.. it makes for a good Halloween tale!

The over sized bugs in it were creepy looking!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Looking for Par'Mach in all the Wrong Places

Worf falls in love with Quark's ex-wife, Grilka. However, Quark is also still interested.

Quark has to fight a Klingon warrior with a Bat'Leth.. and wins.. but only because Worf is in another room, with a control device that enables Quark to mimic automatically his moves.

The woman rejects Quark.

Dax and Worf fight with Bat'Leths afterwards.. and then, they mate.

Begin cool romance between Dax and Worf.

A good one.. but, then again, most DS- 9 episodes are!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Nor The Battle To The Strong

Jake Sisko and Julian Bashir are caught in the middle of a battle between a Federation colony and a Klingon army.

This one was depressing, but, it is a good show about the horrors of war..
whick Jake experiences personally. He gets to do a few brave things, inspite of his fear.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Coda

Captain Janeway repeatedly dies after she and Chakotay crash into a planet in what appears to be a time loop. Soon, her deceased father appears and tells her that she is dead and must accept her situation and move on.

her father turns out to be an alien dude who just wants to trick Janeway into going into some wierd dimension he runs. She tells him to fuck off and gets back to the world of the living.

This is why I like Captain Janeway. She is a very strong willed, determined woman.

Blood Fever

Ensign Vorik expresses his desire to mate with B'Elanna during his Pon-Farr. After they get in a brawl over the matter, Torres begins showing signs of the Pon-Farr herself.

and the best part of this episode:

The final minute... where Janeway and Chakotay discover a dead Borg in the jungle.

Tomorrow : One of my all time faves:

Unity

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Unity

Chakotay responds to a distress call, and discovers a group of different species, many of which originate from the Alpha Quadrant, living on a planet stricken by conflict. After Chakotay learns that they are all de-assimilated Borg, a group of colonists make a very unorthodox and dangerous request of Voyager.

I have been waiting for this one.

In a word: Awesome.

This is Voyager's first real encounter with the Borg.

A Borg cube is found. All 11,000 occupants on it are dead.

The Ex Borg on the nearby planet want to use the cube's systems to re-establish
a collective on the planet. This is because many of these Ex Borg were assimulated at Wolf 359, so we have : Romulans, Klingons, etc, all living on the same planet. Yeah, that spells trouble.

Meanwhile, a dead Borg is beamed to sickbay; the Doctor inadvertantly activates it, though it is dead. He deactivates it before it can do anything. That was a cool scene.

A few of 'em heal an injured Chakotay after forming a temporary link with him.

Voyager finds him and beams him and the Ex Borg woman Chakotay has grown close to, mainly due to the memories they both experienced from the other during that link.

She explains her plan to Captain Janeway, who says she needs to think on it.

The ex Borg take control of Chakotay, thanks to the after effects of the link with him; he takes a shuttle to the Borg cube to initiate their plan.

Janeway sees what he is doing and beams an away team to Voyager to stop him.

He manages to do it anyway, activating the Borg collective device.

The dead Borg on the cube are re-activated! They attack the away team. The team are beamed back to the ship just in time.

The ex Borg initiate an auto destruct sequence on the cube; it blows up and Voyager moves away just in time.

Janeway understands how Chakotay was an unwilling particpant in this, and the two ponder how long before the now unified ex Borg become malevolant.

This is one of my very favorite of any Star Trek episodes.

Maybe soon, I'll compile a list of my twenty favorite episodes of all the Trek episodes.

Nine more episodes to go until Scorpion part 1.

I have missed Seven of Nine; it will be great to see her again in Scorpion, part 2.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
The Assignment

Keiko returns from Bajor.. possessed by a Pa Wraith, who is intent on forcing her husband, Miles O'Brien, to fix DS- 9 so that it emits a beam at the wormhole that would kill the Bajoran Prophets who inhabit the wormhole.

The alien threatens to kill Keiko unless O'Brien complies.

It is Rom who realizes what the alterations to DS-9's systems will do;
after he tells O'Brien, Miles pulls a fast one on the alien, who makes O'Brien take her in a shuttle towatch her enemies who forbade her and her kind from gaining access to the celestial temple, and uses the beam from DS-9 to kill the alein who has possessed Keiko, instead of the Prophets.

Keiko, who was aware the whole time while being a captive in her own body, is now free.

This is a very good episode.

Dialogue was great, and the episode did not drag.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Rise

While on an away mission to help a planet being bombarded with asteroids, Neelix comes up with a dangerous plan to re-establish communication with Voyager. However, he is pushed to the limit when Tuvok's negative attitude toward him becomes too much to bear.

Neelix saves the day by getting this elevator gizmo to rise above the planet's ionosphere and be able to contact Voyager to be rescued.

Love the interaction between Tuvok and Neelix.

I like this episode a lot; there is a certain sense of tension, fear and paranoia in it, like in a Hitchcock movie.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Enterprise

Hatchery, Azati Prime, Damage, and The Forgotten were all on last night.

Azati Prime

After getting to Azati Prime, the crew discover the almost complete Xindi weapon is on an ocean planet. Their plan to destroy it calls for someone to pilot the recently acquired Insectoid shuttle on a suicide mission and Archer decides that he will do it. However, Daniels brings Archer to the future to tell him that he must instead make peace with the Xindi and convince them that they have been manipulated by the Sphere-Builders.

This one was very good. Archer is captured and interrogated by the Xindi but he remains his cool, strong self and does not crack.

Damage

A badly damaged Enterprise responds to a distress call from an Illyrian ship that's been damaged by anomalies. Desperate to make the rendezvous with Degra, Archer's ethics are put to the test when he realises that the Illyrians' warp coil is the only way to make it in time.

A moral dilemma. To accomplish the mission and save Earth by stopping the Xindi, Archer and crew must take the warp coil from the Illyrians, and thus it would take that ship three years to return to their homeworld.

And you could see it made Archer feel like King of the Rat Boys doing it..
but he did it to save Earth.

The other two episodes were ok.

life." - Tuvok.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Beardguy57

A moral dilemma. To accomplish the mission and save Earth by stopping the Xindi, Archer and crew must take the warp coil from the Illyrians, and thus it would take that ship three years to return to their homeworld.

i always wondered about this. did he send another Earth ship to give them a replacement coil once the Xindi threat was over? They mentioned him marooning the ship during the "Home" episode but the person he's talking to merely replies that he did what he had to do not that the ship was eventually saved.

Bow ties are coool.
Page 37 of 40 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 40

Link Copied to Clipboard