Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man
question:
Tom Baker is saying he's 760. But I'm certain that the current Doctor said he was 900.
So is there a "relative present" on the show that matches our own time (where his companions come from) and then we're to assume that between episodes and series he has had many travels and adventures that have built up 150 years or so of unseen stories?
I like that idea a bit more than assuming he had centuries of dicking around and then had to regenerate 8 times in 40 years. It also leaves open the option of untold stories. Like maybe the Fourth Doctor wasn't around for 7 years, he was around for 50 we just only saw 7 of those years.

The age thing is kinda muddled. The second Doctor was 250 years old. I think the sixth said he was 900. I guess you can imply that, since the 4th Doctor wasn't too happy talking about his age with Romana, that maybe he's shaving off a few years out of vanity.

I think there's an 8th Doctor novel or story where he spent 300 years imprisoned by a race of aliens. Pro has more details on that. I remember years ago coming across a website that showed where the Doctor had spots that he could have been (or should have been depending upon some stories) traveling by himself based on the TV show's own stories.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."