Spooning is the act of two people lying on their sides, with one person's front to the other person's back, such that they fit together in a manner similar to spoons. The person who holds the other is often referred to as the "Big Spoon," while the participant who is held is the "Little Spoon".

Spooning can be done with participants clothed as a non-sexual form of physical intimacy, it can be an act of naked cuddling before or after sex, or it can be used as a sex position: see Spoons sex position.

Spooning can also be done in groups, a Group Spoon, this can take place in such areas as a large bed or on the floor.

Spooning can take several forms. 1) Soft: Participants spoon with minimal or no body contact. 2) Medium: In this form of spooning, the arm is slipped around the small spoon participant's waist(AKA "The Napkin Holder"), thus more body contact is achieved. 3) Hard: Normally post-coital, hard spooning is the most intimate of the three forms, and constitutes a tighter spoon involving significant pressure and intertwining arms.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!