Originally Posted By: the G-man
I would submit that even Clinton herself must be worried that Obama is surging, given some of the strange attacks she's making against him, even going so far as to attack his record in, of all places, elementary school:
  • In third grade, Senator Obama wrote an essay titled 'I Want To Be a President.' His third grade teacher: Fermina Katarina Sinaga "asked her class to write an essay titled 'My dream: What I want to be in the future.' Senator Obama wrote 'I want to be a President,' she said." [The Los Angeles Times, 3/15/07]

In kindergarten, Senator Obama wrote an essay titled 'I Want to Become President.' "Iis Darmawan, 63, Senator Obama's kindergarten teacher, remembers him as an exceptionally tall and curly haired child who quickly picked up the local language and had sharp math skills. He wrote an essay titled, 'I Want To Become President,' the teacher said."

(Wow. Attacking someone for their work in Kindergarten. Talk about "Swift Boating.") ;\)

Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Clinton wasn't attacking Obama for his work in Kindergarten but his claim that he never planned to be President.

Clinton was trying to portray Barack Hussein Obama as dishonest. In order to do so, she contrasted a statement he made in the present (as forty-plus year old man) with a statement he made in Kindergarten. Basically, she attacked his character over his actions as elementary school student.

Is it really your position that candidates should be held to statements made when they were five years old and/or those statements used to attack them as dishonest?

What's next? Attacking their toilet training and whether they preferred "Go Dog Go" to "the Giving Tree" as a bedtime story?

This is just remarkably foolish and undignified on her part.