Quote:
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa – Sen. Hillary Clinton kicked off a five-day blitz across Iowa Sunday, telling a crowd that her campaign was "energized and picking up momentum" in its final push toward the Jan. 3 caucus.
After a week of disappointing poll numbers and the in-state surge of Sen. Barack Obama, Clinton's morning began on a high note, when 238,000 copies of The Des Moines Register hit the doorsteps of Iowa homes, featuring a front-page endorsement of Clinton for the Democrats and Sen. John McCain for the Republicans.
"It was an important event in this process and I am very grateful that they zeroed in on the work that needs to be done by the next president, by my vision of our country, my plans for change and my will to lead," she said in front of about 250 supporters at an Council Bluffs high school.
The Register editorial also focused on Clinton's "preparedness" to assume the responsibility of the presidency, contrasting her with Obama's "relative inexperience," a theme the Clinton campaign has highlighted recently here and in New Hampshire.
"It all comes down to one question," Clinton said. "Who is ready and able to make the changes we need, starting on day one, at the White House?"
"You are," the crowd shouted.
"Well, some people believe you make change by demanding it. Some people you make change by hoping for it," she in a veiled reference to Obama, whose name she did not mention during her 35-minute stump speech.
"I believe you make change by working hard for it."
Baltimore Sun

Fair play!