Watched 'The Seven Samurais' and 'Blade Runner - The Director's Cut' yesterday (December the 26th, or Boxing Day in UK). I got my dad to watch 'The Seven...' with me by telling him that the movie inspired 'The Magnificent Seven'.

'Blade Runner' wasn't as exciting as I remembered... which is odd because it's one of those movies I've considered re-watchable in absurdum (like the Dirty Harry movies or the original Star Wars). While I do consider the Director's Cut to be an improvement as so far the ending and the unicorn dream goes, I think this version over all ain't that much different from the 1982 theatrical version, and therefor a bit hyped/over-rated. A pity I don't have the 82 version to compare, especially since I don't remember Harrison Ford's narrative. Another pity is that the DVD didn't have any extra material, no commentatory, not even trailers.

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!