Did Davies watch the Poseidon Adventure and Robots of Death before writing this? Decent ep. At least Davies used the uber magic fixer-upper at the beginning to fix the TARDIS than at the end to wrap up the plot. I also like that he's keeping continuity with how aliens really tend to fuck with London around Christmas thanks to the last two specials. As far as the new theme, I don't hate it; though it does have a little of the 80's synth in it. I prefer the theme to be more otherworldly like it originally was. The new series has a bit of that with the violins kinda fucking it up. I don't mind the addition. I just think they should have come up with another way to realize it than with conventional instruments.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."