Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
 Originally Posted By: MEM
I think it's a silly notion that anyone should feel they need to step aside to let someone else win. This is for the most important job in the world & Obama isn't going to get a free pass from the Clintons. He sure as hell isn't going to get one from the GOP either when/if it comes time.

Besides having a woman president would also be progressive. I couldn't even make a judgement as to which would be more, could you?

I'm just sayin', I've heard several liberals make the argument, and more persuasively than I paraphrased it, not recalling the exact phrasing.

Those are silly liberals! Same thing goes for those backing Hillary because she would be the first woman President if elected.

Quote:
There are many firsts in this election:

Barack Obama: first viable black candidate (honorable mention to Alan Keyes and Jesse Jackson, and possibly Colin Powell).

Hillary Clinton: first viable woman candidate (honorable mention to Elizabeth Dole, and Geraldine Ferraro).

John McCain: oldest man to ever run for office

Mitt Romney: first Mormon to run for president

Mike Huckabee: first baptist minister, and first blue-collar republican in a long time.

Ron Paul: first viable republican to run on independent-candidate issues

John Edwards: first Democrat to basically run as an independent candidate.

I'm kind of pushing it with a few of these. But there's no doubt that these are some radically different candidates this year. None of them are flawless, but it's certainly an interesting race.

That is pretty refreshing & a nice departure from '04 where both Bush & Kerry had similar backgrounds, went to the same school & were both "skulls".

Fair play!