Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 40 of 40 1 2 38 39 40
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Prophecy

Voyager meets a Klingon vessel from the Alpha quadrant; after convincing them that the war is over, the crew and B'ELanna must deal with how the Klingons believe that her unborn child is their savior.

This is a good one, the second episode centering on B'Elanna's pregnancy.

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Workforce

Voyager crew is injured and nearly all of them go to a nearby planet for help, as the ship is badly damaged.

They are brainwashed and made to believe they are laborers there.

Only the Doctor remains on Voyager. He works to repair it's damaged systems.

Chakotay, Ensign Kim and Neelix return from an away mission and help the Doctor repair Voyager and find the missing crew.

This is a terrific episode.

One of the better two parters of all Star Trek shows.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Human Error

Seven is running romantic holo - programs involving herself and Chakotay.

Her cortical node malfunctions; apparently, it is pre-programmed to shut down when she has developed a certain level of individuality.

The Doctor informs her that the programming cannot be changed.

She ceases using the holodeck programs.

A great episode, and a splendid metaphor for how people have to deal with their
own limitations.

Q2

Q's son appears on the ship; hilarity ensues.

He has his powers taken away and has to prove himself worthy of gaining them back; he does, by offering to be punished by aliens in order to save Icheb, who was wounded when the aliens attacked the two in the Delta Flyer.

The alien turned out to be Q, his father.

His powers are soon restored and he departs Voyager, having (hopefully ) learned a lesson.

This is very much like the Next Gen. ep where the Continum takes Q's powers away
and he winds up on Enterprise and has to prove himself.

Both the two are very good episodes.

I have never seen a boring Q episode...

life." - Tuvok.

The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Beardguy57
Human Error

Seven is running romantic holo - programs involving herself and Chakotay.

Her cortical node malfunctions; apparently, it is pre-programmed to shut down when she has developed a certain level of individuality.

The Doctor informs her that the programming cannot be changed.

She ceases using the holodeck programs.

A great episode, and a splendid metaphor for how people have to deal with their
own limitations.

Wow they build a whole episode around how all character developement gets pulled back to status quo at the end of every episode.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
yeah, I guess...

But Seven does get her cortical node thingie fixed and actually does persue a romnatic relationship with Chakotay.

This happens in a few more episodes.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
United (2)

Archer tries to unify the Andorians, Tellarites and Vulcans in a plan to capture a marauder ship threatening to destabilize the region.

The Aenar (3)

Archer visits Shran's icy homeworld to find an Andorian subspecies called the Aenar, to determine their connection to the marauder destroying ships in the region.

Affliction (1)

While Enterprise visits Earth for the launch of Columbia, Phlox is kidnapped and forced to help the Klingons deal with a grave threat to their species.

Divergence (2)

The first two are a continuation of Babel One. This was a great 3 parter. Always liked Shran, who played Wayoon on DS-9.

Second two explain why the Klingons of Kirk's era looked so different from The Next Generation Klingons.

Awesome two parter. James Avery ( Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince ) played a
Klingon and he was great in the role. I read where he likes to act in Shakespeare's plays.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Sons and Daughters

Worf's son, Alexandar, joins the Klingon ship which Worf is first officer on.

Alexander fucks up.. a lot.

Worf is disappointed that Alexandar has become the ship's fool.

They argue, and then Worf agrees to train his son to be a warrior.

Meanwhile, on the now Cardassian occupied Deep Space Nine, Dukat is encouraging his daughter in her artitsic endeavors.

This is a good one.

It is part of the Dominion War Saga.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Homestead

Voyager encounters a gcolony of Talaxians in an asteroid who are being harrassed
by aliens to leave so that the asteroid can be mined; the Talaxians don't want to leave their home.

Neelix befriends a woman and her child; her husband was killed in an attack.

He and Voyager help them by setting up a force field around the
asteroid.

Voyager departs; Neelix talks with Captain Janeway and she asks him if he wants to return to the Talaxian colony and stay on as the ambassador to the Delta Quadrant.

He returns to the colony: many of the crew are lined up to see him off.

Mr. Tuvok, whom Neelix had chided earlier for not dancing at a party for the anniversary of the first contact between Vulcans and Earth, moves his one foot
in a dance step or three. Neelix thanks him.

Pretty good one.

I like Neelix - sad to see him go, but tomorrow is the last episode anyway:

Endgame.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Endgame

Two parter in which Voyager finally gets home to Earth.

It's an awesome episode, but the show ends...

Wish they'd have shown what happened to the bridge crew azfter they returned to Earth.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Renaissance Man

Stardate: 54890.7 The Doctor must impersonate various crew members when Captain Janeway is abducted and held hostage for Voyager's warp core.

This one is funny as hell at times, and was directed superbly!

Love the Doctor's confession to the bridge crew when he thought his program was about to decompile from too much new info being put into it.

" Seven, I love you!"

" Mr Tuvok, I'm sorry, but I told Mr. Paris about that lesion you had on your... "

life." - Tuvok.

some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
Hey Beardguy....

The inner geek in me is strangely drawn to this. Let's see if I can drag the wife to this.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Renaissance Man

Stardate: 54890.7 The Doctor must impersonate various crew members when Captain Janeway is abducted and held hostage for Voyager's warp core.

Love the Doctor's confession to the bridge crew when he thought his program was about to decompile from too much new info being put into it.

" Seven, I love you!"

" Mr Tuvok, I'm sorry, but I told Mr. Paris about that lesion you had on your... "

I liked that one. Though it was a little scary how easily the Doctor pulled it off. Data could mimic voices and command codes, Odo could hide himself as objects or do a tentacle attack, and Spock could beat the shit out of the humans, but the Doctor showed here that he can be anyone at anytime and was nearly unstoppable.
My favorite bit though was how excellent the other actors copied the Doctor's inflection. Especially when Torres isn't pregnant and in a snippy tone tells the computer to update the holo-file (adding the belly). She just captured his tone perfectly. Mulgrew also did a good job switching between Janeway and the Doctor-as-Janeway.

Bow ties are coool.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man
Renaissance Man

" Seven, I love you!"

I liked that one. Though it was a little scary how easily the Doctor pulled it off. Data could mimic voices and command codes, Odo could hide himself as objects or do a tentacle attack, and Spock could beat the shit out of the humans, but the Doctor showed here that he can be anyone at anytime and was nearly unstoppable.
My favorite bit though was how excellent the other actors copied the Doctor's inflection. Especially when Torres isn't pregnant and in a snippy tone tells the computer to update the holo-file (adding the belly). She just captured his tone perfectly. Mulgrew also did a good job switching between Janeway and the Doctor-as-Janeway.

Yes! It was a great epsisode!

The other actors were able to prove their versatility; and the Doctor, his, as well.

Caretaker 1 & 2 was on again today, as the show began again. The first season is not my fave, but there are a few gems in it.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod
Hey Beardguy....

The inner geek in me is strangely drawn to this. Let's see if I can drag the wife to this.

Sounds intriguing! If you go, let me knwo how it was, okay?

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Through a Mirror, Darkly 1 & 2

This is, through the virtue of retroactive continuity, the "first" alternate Trek episodes..

And it was damn good.

And Vulcans all wear gotees in those tales.

life." - Tuvok.

He tastes of America
15000+ posts
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
Sooooo no one's talked about the upcoming movie yet?

He fixes the cable?
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: TK-069
Sooooo no one's talked about the upcoming movie yet?

We have indeed! Pro made a seperate thread in Media about it.

It looks like it could be good.

I really wish they'd make a follow up to the series finale of Deep Space Nine, as in, what happened to everybody? They left a lot hanging and infinished at series' end.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Behind The Lines

Spike showed this one out of synch! It ought to have been on last week.

Anyway, Odo appears smitten with the female Founder who is on DS-9.

He fails to help Rom and the others when they want to disable a plan to do away with the mine field that is the only thing keeping a large Dominion fleet from joining the war in the Alpha Quadrant!

Very good ep.

Tomorrow night: Dax and Worf get married.

life." - Tuvok.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Behind The Lines

Spike showed this one out of synch! It ought to have been on last week.

Anyway, Odo appears smitten with the female Founder who is on DS-9.

He fails to help Rom and the others when they want to disable a plan to do away with the mine field that is the only thing keeping a large Dominion fleet from joining the war in the Alpha Quadrant!

Very good ep.

Tomorrow night: Dax and Worf get married.

This episode changed my opinion of Odo and Quark. Quark comes through blasting those Jem Hadar while Odo stays in his room fucking.
And the big battle and Sisko taking on the whole fleet and the station in just the Defiant was great. I always loved that little ship. Even though he survived by sheer luck and the Prophets/Kira/Rom's actions he still showed real guts and it was a very exciting moment.
I also loved the tragedy of Ziyal. Dukat was a bad guy, but they made him complex. He truly loved his daughter more than anything else and the horror on his face when she's shot by his own second in command was heartbreaking. Superb acting...as always.

Bow ties are coool.
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
But then came the whole cult leader/possession plot and that was always shaky in my opinion...

He fixes the cable?
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
But then came the whole cult leader/possession plot and that was always shaky in my opinion...

I liked the crazy Dukat, not as much as the original military guy granted, but he was still interested and the acting was so top notch. The episode with him and Sisko on the planet with Dukat talking to hallucinations and trying to convince Sisko that he was just misunderstood was brilliant.
The cult on Empok Nor was weird, but still interesting. Especially when we learn that he was basically sleeping with all the women.
I did think Pah-wraith Dukat was weird, but they played that out well so it was still ultimately Dukat.
Either way i loved him posing as a Bajoran and bedding Kai Winn during the final episodes.

Bow ties are coool.
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
THAT was pretty fucking slick. Pah Wraith Dukat was meh, but at least Jadzia's death didn't seemed too forced out of the storyline once she wanted to leave.

Dukat was the most dynamic character on DS9 I'd say, amazingly so since he was so self-serving and one-dimensional in scope. Everything he did was for his own benefit... supposedly treating Bajorans under his control during the Occupation "fairly", gaining influence and political power during the Klingon/Fed and Dominion Wars, becoming a cult leader and Emissary of the Pah Wraiths... all acts to preen and satisfy his overinflated ego. It was some great television.

He may have cared solely for Ziyal, but I think he was more concerned about her being a living testament of HIS achievements.

He fixes the cable?
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

He may have cared solely for Ziyal, but I think he was more concerned about her being a living testament of HIS achievements.

of course. I remember they said that he had a whole family on Cardasia. And when he first found Ziyal he planned to kill her to hide the shame of having a half-Bajoran offspring. But then he changed his mind and took the risk and was pretty much ruined for awhile.
I think Ziyal was the family he loved. He implied his marriage and children were based on societal needs. But with Ziyal, he had seduced her mother (a woman under his power) and she had a fighter's spirit that made him see her (as you said) as his legacy.

I wouldn't say he did it all for his ego though. I think it was more that he believed the universe should be one orderly way.
Remember with Cardassians (as they greatly examined via Garrak) they are drilled to be patriots. And I think Dukat may have been a good person, by Cardassian standards, and when he saw the chaos of the Occupation of Bajor he couldn't allow himself to see it as an evil act by his people. So he decided that the Bajorans were just people who needed order. And I think he really did believe that if he killed a million Bajorans, ran slave camps, and kept most of the planet starving, that it was worth it to maintain order.
I really think he was in some way selfless. He was giving the whole of himself to make the universe into the way he believed it should be.
At least that's my view based on his actions and some of his insane rants.

Bow ties are coool.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I agree and have felt much the same way about Dukat.

His character evolved - as people do in real life - and the changes were great.

He became far more interesting after becoming deranged.

Two early Voyager episodes were on today: Parallax and Time And Again. Both were ok; the first deals with the first of what will became a series of space anomalies.. but, what made this ep. interesting was how the Maqui, Voyager's crew, and Tom Paris all interact at first. There is some friction at first and it is reminiscent of Babylon 5 and Deep Space Nine, where the characters fight, disagree, fuck up, etc.. but, all too quickly, Voyager settles into a routine of unrealistic harmony.

One might argue that they had to, because they were now a single crew united in that they were the only humans in the Alpha Quadrant, and had to co-operate to survive.. but, still, it remained so very.. Starfleet.

The only ones who never totally settled down were: B'ELanna, The Doctor, and Seven of Nine. The kept the show from being totally mired in medicrocity.

What also helps is that the bridge crew becomes a pretty good surrogate family.

Time and Again is a nice little time travel/must change the outcome story, as Janway and Paris are thrown back a day in the past on a planet where all life had been destroyed.. and they must figure out how to prevent it from ocurring all over again.

life." - Tuvok.

the Offline
Ignored by 3 users and 2 moderators
4000+ posts
Ignored by 3 users and 2 moderators
4000+ posts
Anonymous Thu Jan 17 2008 05:10 PM Reading a post
Forum: Media
Thread: Star Trek: The Lost Generation

He tastes of America
15000+ posts
He tastes of America
15000+ posts

He fixes the cable?
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
huh.

Cool pic, TK! thanks!

I have not been moved by the first season of Voyager much. It is not until season two that the show begins to get interesting.

Today was Heroes and Demons, an ep. where the Doctor has to go on his first away mission intothe holodeck because a photonic being has taken it over and kidnapped Kim, Tuvok and Chakotay. He succeeds and the three are brought back. It was pretty good for a first season outting.

No Enterprise tonight; Happy MLK day!

Later tonight: DS-9 : " Statistical Probabilities", in which Bashir meets a group of genetically enhanced beings like him ( only far less stable than he )who predict the fall of the Federation.

VERY good ep and one of my favorites.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Jettrel

The scientist invented the Metreon CAscade, which killed Neelix's family - and 300,000 other Talaxians tries to bring them all back and fails.

At first, Neelix hates the guy.. then, as the man lay dying before him of metreon poisoning, he forgives him.

Good episode. A lesson about forgiveness.

Learning Curve

Tuvok takes it upon himself to train 4 former Maqui crew members to make them into better officers... and learns a lesson in being able to bend and be a tad more flexible about Starfleet rules.

A good one.. the first season finally begins to improve a bit.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
The 37's

Second season, first episode.

Voyager finds a planet with humans.. and several people who'd been abducted from 1937, including Emilia Aerhardt, and her c0 - pilot, Fred Noonan.

The abducted ones chose to stay on the planet.. and, Capatin Janeway is pleased when she gives the choice to her crew to stay on the planet... or stay on Voyager.. and no one leaves the ship.

The second season is when things begin to improve.

At season's end will be the show's first cliffhanger: Basics.

A superb two parter!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man

I liked the crazy Dukat, not as much as the original military guy granted, but he was still interested and the acting was so top notch. The episode with him and Sisko on the planet with Dukat talking to hallucinations and trying to convince Sisko that he was just misunderstood was brilliant.
The cult on Empok Nor was weird, but still interesting. Especially when we learn that he was basically sleeping with all the women.
I did think Pah-wraith Dukat was weird, but they played that out well so it was still ultimately Dukat.
Either way i loved him posing as a Bajoran and bedding Kai Winn during the final episodes.

Waltz was on last night, speaking of a crazy Dukat.
Excellent episode, which shows off Marc Alaimo's (Dukat) versitility as an actor.

life." - Tuvok.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Anonymous 02/02/08 04:09 AM Reading a post
Forum: Media
Thread: Star Trek: The Lost Generation

Hi beardguy!

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Page 40 of 40 1 2 38 39 40

Link Copied to Clipboard