Originally Posted By: rex
until today.

This morning my mother had her bike stolen. It was locked to a bike rack outside the store she was in.

I forgot to put you in the carrier seat. \:damn\:

Quote:
My mother took me to the police station after this to ask why it took them so long to even talk to her. The whole time my mother was describing what happened, the woman at the desk was looking at her like she was crazy. She told her to fill out a complaint form.

Sympathy for having to put up with your lazy jobless ass is more like it.

Quote:
After we left, we drove around that part of town looking for the bike. During that time we saw three police cars potrolling the area, basically doing nothing.

They must have been the survivors of my college years.

My biggest complaints are the two day wait before she could file a report, the complete stupidity of the person on the phone, and watching the police cars drive around doing nothing.

Quote:
I have always respected cops and want to continue to, but I find it hard after what happened today.

You don't respect anyone as is Brian. Not even your aging mother.

where Bob Marley and dreadlocks are still popular. She has two non-fiction books in print, The One Thing Needful, and Living Waters For a Parched Land. Her poetry has appeared in Rattlesnake Review, Beat the Blackened Wing: An Anthology of Crows, PDQ, and Denali, among others. She is currently co-editor of Tiger’s Eye: A Journal of Poetry.