Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 94 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 93 94
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
He'll win the others too, it was a given that Obama was going to have a couple of very good weeks.

Fair play!
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
once the black history month bump is over, he's finished.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Could be, but at this rate some pundits are predicting Hillary won't make it past March 4.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Pundit predictions have been worth how much so far? I've seen a couple of them try to compare her to Rudy with Florida but unlike Rudy who won nothing, she's won some & lost some. Obama wins states like Idaho & South Carolina, she wins ones like New York, Florida & California. Voters might not be so quick to write her off even as Obama wins a bunch of states in a couple of weeks.

Fair play!
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Florida didn't count.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Geez, don't get him started on THAT again, P.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Obama Buying Super Delegates!!

by linfar, Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 07:48:21 PM EST

Take a look at who is buying super delegates:

Obama: $694,000 (40% of his superdelegates)
Clinton: $194,000 (12% of her superdelegates)

MyDD

It's something a typical politician would do & I'm sure it's all legal but I wonder if this is something Obama wants to stop as part of his "change" (after he gets a return from his investments of course) ;\)

Last edited by Matter-eater Man; 2008-02-15 1:11 AM.

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Fair play!
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
damn. I wish I was a super delegate. I have a very long list of things I want and I would definitely put my vote up for sale.

PJP #925412 2008-02-17 3:18 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Mr. Obama's Waffle
His commitment to pursue public financing for the fall campaign suddenly looks soft.

Saturday, February 16, 2008; Page A20
AS RECENTLY as November, Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) was unequivocal about whether he would agree to take public financing for the general election if his Republican opponent pledged to do the same. "If you are nominated for president in 2008 and your major opponents agree to forgo private funding in the general election campaign, will you participate in the presidential public financing system?" the Midwest Democracy Network asked in a questionnaire. Mr. Obama's answer was clear. "Yes," he wrote. "If I am the Democratic nominee, I will aggressively pursue an agreement with the Republican nominee to preserve a publicly financed general election."

Or maybe not. Mr. Obama deserves credit for obtaining a ruling from the Federal Election Commission that allowed him to raise money for the general election campaign but reserve the right to return the funds if he were to win the nomination and manage to arrange a cease-fire with the other side. That outcome, once improbable, is now within reach. The presumptive Republican nominee, Sen. John McCain of Arizona, agreed long ago to Mr. Obama's deal, back when his prospects for securing the nomination seemed slim. Mr. McCain's campaign manager, Rick Davis, reaffirmed that pledge this week at a lunch with reporters sponsored by the Christian Science Monitor.

But Mr. Obama's campaign, which has been raking in money at an astonishing clip of more than $30 million a month, is starting to hedge. Speaking to the Associated Press, Mr. Obama's spokesman, Bill Burton, downgraded the Obama plan to "something that we pursued with the FEC and it was an option that we wanted on the table and is on the table." Asked about the campaign's earlier position, Mr. Burton said, "No, there is no pledge."

Washington Post
This is a problem for Obama, since he was pretty clear where he stood up till just a couple of months ago. If he stands by what he said then he gives up a great advantage for him. If he goes back on what he said, he loses the illusion that he's going to be different.

My guess is he'll go back on what he said & rake in the money just like any other politician would do.

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Quote:
What would JFK do?

Globe Columnist / February 17, 2008
IN 1963, John F. Kennedy was murdered in Texas by a fervent admirer of Cuban dictator Fidel Castro. In 2008, a large Cuban flag emblazoned with the image of Che Guevara, Castro's brutal henchman, is prominently displayed in a Barack Obama campaign volunteer office in Houston.

Obama has been widely compared to JFK, most notably by the late president's brother and daughter. President Kennedy, a stalwart anticommunist, despised Castro and his gang of totalitarian thugs. But when word broke last week that Obama's supporters in Houston work under a banner glorifying Che, the campaign's reaction was to brush it off as an issue involving volunteers, not the official campaign. After two days of controversy, the campaign issued a statement calling the flag "inappropriate" and saying its display "does not reflect Senator Obama's views." Would JFK have reacted so mildly?

In December 1962, Kennedy offered a blunt summary of the Castro/Che record. "The Cuban people were promised by the revolution political liberty, social justice, intellectual freedom, land for the campesinos, and an end to economic exploitation," he said. "They have received a police state, the elimination of the dignity of land ownership, the destruction of free speech and a free press, and the complete subjugation of individual human welfare." Eleven months later, in a speech intended for delivery on the day he was assassinated, Kennedy regretted that Castro's "Communist foothold" in Latin America had "not yet been eliminated."

Were he alive today, it's hard to imagine JFK feeling anything but contempt for those who extol a dictatorship that has been crushing freedom and human beings for nearly 50 years. And it would surely pain him that so many of the cheerleaders are members of his own party.

The lionizing of Che, a sociopath who relished killing and acclaimed "the pedagogy of the firing squad," is not just "inappropriate." It is vile. No American in his right mind would be caught dead wearing a David Duke T-shirt or displaying a poster of Pol Pot. A celebrity who was spotted with a swastika-festooned cap or an actress who revealed that she had gotten a tattoo depicting Timothy McVeigh would inspire only repugnance. No presidential campaign would need more than 30 seconds to sever its ties to anyone, paid staffer or volunteer, whose office was adorned with a Ku Klux Klan banner. Yet Che's likeness, which ought to be as loathed as any of those, is instead a trendy bestseller and a cult favorite.

Boston.com

Last edited by Matter-eater Man; 2008-02-18 3:59 AM.

Fair play!
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
i told you so.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
that's if Oswald was the shooter and the most recent official investigation say he most likely wasn't involved or wasn't alone.
also Oswald had a murky past including various activities both pro and anti communist that look more like an anti-communist CIA agent than a Castro supporter.

Bow ties are coool.
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Also, let's not forget - let's NOT forget, Dude - that keeping wildlife, an amphibious rodent, for uh, domestic, you know, within the city - that aint legal either.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod
I'm sorry. Hillary Clinton is just a bitch and she deserves to lose.

The NYT [reports that] about 80 election districts among the city’s 6,106 where Mr. Obama supposedly did not receive even one vote, including cases where he ran a respectable race in a nearby district.

Same thing happened to a lot of Obama votes in NH.

New York Post:
  • Supporters expect Barak Obama to pick up one or two delegates when primary results from New York City are recounted.

The unofficial results were strikingly under-recorded in several districts around the city - in some cases leaving him with zero votes when, in fact, he had pulled in hundreds, Board of Elections officials have said.

Those results gave Obama no votes in nearly 80 districts, including Harlem's 94th and other historically black areas - but many of those initial tallies proved to be wildly off base.

"Every election has problems, but in this case, all the problems seem to have been his," said state Sen. Bill Perkins (D-Harlem). "He got all the zeroes and undercounting.

"Some gross mistakes have been made. Very often, there are clerical errors. In this case, it was strictly with regards to Obama." Perkins told The Post the issue is more than the "one or two delegates" that could be added to Obama's tally, noting that if the results were accurately represented, there would not have been a "false momentum" for Hillary Rodham Clinton.

"It reflects the popularity and the weakness to her in her home state. It contributes to a false momentum," he said.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Point of correction, according to the NYT there were also districts where the same thing happened to Hillary. Perkins is not being honest by saying it only happened to Obama.

Fair play!
Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Took me a minute to realize you were talking about Senator Perkins.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
You all look alike to Clinton and her supporters, Wednesday. It's a terrible thing, really.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Sleaze charge: 'I took drugs, had homo sex with Obama'
Minnesota man takes his case to court, YouTube, $100,000 polygraph challenge

Editor's note: The accompanying YouTube video contains sexual language that some will consider offensive. The article itself contains material that is inappropriate for children.

Larry Sinclair accuses Barack Obama of homosexual acts and drug use in video posted on YouTube

WASHINGTON – The electrifying presidential campaign of Barack Obama faces a new challenge – a Minnesota man who claims he took cocaine in 1999 with the then-Illinois legislator and participated in homosexual acts with him.

When his story was ignored by the news media, Larry Sinclair made his case last month in a YouTube video, which has now been viewed more than a quarter-million times. And when it was still ignored by the media, Sinclair filed a suit in Minnesota District Court, alleging threats and intimidation by Obama's staff.

Sinclair, who says he is willing to submit to a polygraph test to validate his claims, will now get his chance – thanks to a website offering $10,000 for the right to record it and $100,000 to Sinclair if he passes.

"My motivation for making this public is my desire for a presidential candidate to be honest," Sinclair told WND by telephone. "I didn't want the sex thing to come out. But I think it is important for the candidate to be honest about his drug use as late as 1999."

WorldNetDaily
OK first of all I'm not Sinclair & secondly I think this is pretty silly & patently untrue. However I hear the video is pretty funny to watch.

WorldNetDaily

Fair play!
I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
6000+ posts

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
-- Lothar of the Hill People
Pun-damentalist nutjob
400+ posts
Pun-damentalist nutjob
400+ posts
Knowing WND, it's probably one of their own people out to net-tle Obama.

This is not vengeance. This is pun-ishment.

"The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability." — Edgar Allan Poe
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
I couldn't sit through the other 3.

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
-- Lothar of the Hill People
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
The electrifying presidential campaign of Barack Obama faces a new challenge – a Minnesota man who claims he took cocaine in 1999 with the then-Illinois legislator and participated in homosexual acts with him.

OK first of all I'm not Sinclair

I hadn't even thought of that.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Well the guy is from MN so I figured eventually you would G-man.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Since no one (other than you, MEM) discussed it in the Hillary Clinton '08 topic...

Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
February 3, 2008

On the subject of the Rezko scandal, and how it affects both Clinton and Obama, this Mclaughlin Group transcript, from 1/29/2008 :

• Issue Two: Hot Rage.

(Begin videotaped segment [televised debate between Clinton and Obama].)

SENATOR BARACK OBAMA (D-IL, Democratic presidential candidate): Let's talk about Ronald Reagan. What you just repeated here today is patently --

SEN. HILLARY CLINTON (D-NY), Democratic presidential candidate): Barack --

SEN. OBAMA: Wait. No, Hillary, you just spoke --

SEN. CLINTON: Barack, I did not say --

SEN. OBAMA: You just spoke for two minutes.

SEN. CLINTON: I did not say anything about Ronald Reagan. You said two things.

SEN. OBAMA: You just spoke --

SEN. CLINTON: You talked about admiring Ronald Reagan --

SEN. OBAMA: Hillary, I'm sorry, but --

SEN. CLINTON: -- and you talked about the ideas of the Republicans.

SEN. OBAMA: -- you just --

SEN. CLINTON: I didn't talk about Ronald Reagan.

SEN. OBAMA: Hillary, we just had the tape. You just said that I complimented the Republican ideas. That is not true. What I said -- and I will provide you with the quote -- what I said was that Ronald Reagan was a transformative political figure because he was able to get Democrats to vote against their economic interest to form a majority to push through their agenda, an agenda that I objected to. So these are the kinds of political games that we are accustomed to.

SEN. CLINTON: No. Now, wait a second.

SEN. OBAMA: I'm sorry.

SEN. CLINTON: Wolf [CNN reporter Wolf Blitzer] -- wait a minute.

(End videotaped segment.)

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: Question: Did this exchange unveil a hidden side of Obama's personality? I ask you, Monica.

MS. CROWLEY: Well, the Clinton team fights like biker chicks at a biker bar with broken beer bottles, right, and they've got you on the defensive. And the next thing you know, they've got their combat boot on your neck. Barack Obama is like Wile E. Coyote. Finally the anvil has landed on his head and he's woken up to the tactics of the Clinton team. And what you saw in that clip is Obama finally wising up to the fact that the Clintons play gutter politics. And unless he is willing to be as aggressive on the substantive points and actually calling her out -- and him, by the way, meaning Bill -- calling them out on their tactics, he's going to be sunk --

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: You think Obama --

MS. CROWLEY: -- (inaudible).

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: Do you think Obama appeared mean-spirited in any way in that exchange?

MS. CLIFT: Actually, that reminded me of the McLaughlin Group. And when I heard him say, "Let me finish," I identified with him -- (laughs) -- not with her. And I have to admit, I wanted to close my eyes and imagine Romney or Giuliani standing in Obama's place, because, look, Hillary Clinton knows how to fight, and that's the whole premise of her campaign is that she can handle it in the fall.

I think it was hard to watch and I think Obama is beginning to find his voice in fighting back. But he doesn't want to damage his brand as a healer and a unifier. And if he gets down there in the back and forth --

MR. BUCHANAN: He's been dragged --

MS. CLIFT: -- it hurts him.

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: The public is concerned about health insurance. They're concerned about the price of gasoline. They're concerned about the state of the economy. And they're talking about whether or not you're a Reaganite.

MR. BUCHANAN: What happened is --

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: What is that, dancing on the head of a pin?

MR. BUCHANAN: No, I think the Clintons have done a job on Obama. He came out of Iowa. He was a transcendent, transformative figure. He'd gotten all these white votes. He's running way up high. And they gutted him and kicked him and dragged him down. And now he's fighting back, and it's very unseemly. And he's being reduced to the African-American vote in South Carolina. He's lost the women. He's lost the Hispanics. He's lost the --

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: Because of the evil Clintons.

MR. BUCHANAN: Because they all got him into this ugly brawl.

MS. CLIFT: I'm not going to go that far. MR. ZUCKERMAN: The way she is now fighting in this campaign is the kind of -- it's an echo of the partisan politics that was associated with the Clintons while they were in office. And I think both of them were diminished as a result of it, because he went off -- she forced him off the pedestal.

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: Why don't you focus on the weakness of his campaign, Obama's campaign?

MR. ZUCKERMAN: No, I think -- not only I have focused on it, frankly, because I think the real problem with it is it's too ethereal. There is not enough substance in the way of policy.

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: Okay. Icy rage -- icy rage.

Obama taunted Hillary by saying that during Ronald Reagan's presidency, he, Obama, was pounding the streets in Chicago as a community organizer at the same time Hillary was a director on Wal- Mart's board.

SEN. OBAMA: (From videotape.) While I was working on those streets, watching those folks see their jobs shift overseas, you were a corporate lawyer sitting on the board of Wal-Mart.

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: That Wal-Mart barb from Obama triggered Clinton to correct Obama, saying that she actually fought the Reagan policies while Obama was on the payroll of a lowlife influence-peddler.

SEN. CLINTON: (From videotape.) I was fighting against those ideas when you were practicing law and representing your contributor, Rezko, in his slum landlord business in inner-city Chicago.

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: The Rezko that Hillary named is Tony Rezko, a Syrian-born American restaurateur and real estate developer. Rezko is regarded as a political fixer and a back-room operator.

1990 -- Obama, still at Harvard Law School, interviews for a job at one of Rezko's development companies and declines it.

'93 -- Obama joins a Chicago law firm that represents Rezko.

'95 -- Rezko contributes $2,000 to Obama's Illinois Senate campaign.

'98 -- Illinois Senator Obama seeks government funding for a Rezko housing development.

2003 -- Rezko foots the bill for a $1,000-a-head kickoff cocktail reception for Obama's U.S. Senate run. Obama appoints Rezko to serve on his U.S. Senate campaign finance committee.

'04 -- FBI begins investigating Rezko for business fraud, influence-peddling, extortion, conspiracy and money laundering. June '05 -- Obama executes land transaction with Rezko involving an Obama $1.65 million home purchase, $300,000 under the asking price, and the purchase of land adjacency involving Mr. And Mrs. Rezko.

December '05 -- Obama purchases a piece of the adjacent lot from Mr. And Mrs. Rezko for $104,000.

'07 -- Obama divests himself of $44,000 in funds tied to Rezko.

January '08, one week ago, on the eve of the debate, Obama divests himself of an additional $40,000 in Rezko-linked contributions.

February 25, '08, one month from now, Tony Rezko goes on trial on federal charges of business fraud, influence-peddling, extortion, conspiracy, money laundering, with Patrick Fitzgerald as prosecutor -- the same U.S. attorney who gained headlines and the conviction of Scooter Libby.

Rezko and Obama have had dealings for 17 years.

FYI, there is no evidence whatsoever that Barack Obama or Mrs. Obama were involved in anything illegal regarding Tony Rezko.

Question: Is Obama tarnished by Rezko? Eleanor Clift.

MS. CLIFT: With all due respect, John, you're not the first person to turn over all these rocks. It's been examined by the Chicago newspapers.

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: Sun-Times.

MS. CLIFT: Right. And, yeah, I mean, I think the Clintons are going to try to make this seem like Jim McDougal and Whitewater, the 2008 version of that, which was a whole lot about nothing.

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: They've been on it for a year, examining it.

MS. CLIFT: Right. But, you know, if you want to make charges like this stick, there has to be some underlying characteristic about this candidate that makes you uneasy. I really don't think people look at Barack Obama and think corrupt; they think he's in it for the money somehow.

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: The public will say, "Why is he hanging out with this guy?"

MR. BUCHANAN: Well --

MS. CLIFT: Well, and the Clintons also hung out with this guy.

MR. BUCHANAN: But John, you know, this --

MS. CLIFT: There's actually photographic evidence of that.

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: Okay. Okay. She's raised a point. This photograph has emerged of the Clintons and Rezko.

(Begin videotaped segment.)

MATT LAUER (NBC "Today"): It is undated, I'm going to tell you right now. We know it's him. We don't know when it was taken. We think it was taken during your husband's presidency. I'm just curious. Do you know anything about the picture? Do you know when it was taken? Do you remember meeting this man?

SEN. CLINTON: No, I don't. You know, I probably have taken hundreds of thousands of pictures. I don't know the man. I wouldn't know him if he walked in the door. I don't have a 17-year relationship with him.

MR. LAUER: Does it make sense to use someone like this, Tony Rezko, against Senator Obama when there really is no such thing as political purity anymore?

SEN. CLINTON: There's a big difference between standing somewhere taking a picture with someone you don't know and haven't seen since and having a relationship.

(End videotaped segment.)

MR. BUCHANAN: You know, John --

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: Question: Has this photograph turned Hillary's bullets, destined for Obama, into blanks? Pat Buchanan.

MR. BUCHANAN: No, it hasn't. Look, anybody that's been in politics know they walk people through hundreds of them at fund- raisers and you take a photograph and move on. That's what that is.

Now, this thing -- he does have a connection with a sleazy character, but let me defend Obama. I have seen no hard evidence that this guy did anything criminal at all -- I'm talking about Obama -- for this guy. He's got a guy who hangs around politics, who turned out to be very sleazy and maybe a crooked character. And I think it's tarnished Obama. And I think it's somewhat unfair, all this attention focused on that.

MS. CROWLEY: Yeah. And you know what? The reason that Hillary did this is because that's the only thing that they have on the guy. Barack Obama is a very intelligent, skilled, class act. They found one guy, and so she gets panicky in the debate. She goes nuclear on Obama by dragging up the Rezko guy, which is particularly rich coming from the queen of the mother of all shady land deals, Whitewater, okay.

MS. CLIFT: Which was a whole lot about nothing.

MS. CROWLEY: Wait a minute. What the Clintons are so good at is accusing their rivals and opponents, accusing them of exactly what they are guilty themselves of.

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: Are you so positive towards --

MS. CROWLEY: It's -- (inaudible) -- from them.

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: Are you so positive towards Obama because of your odium for the Clintons?

MS. CROWLEY: Look --

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: Is that why you're positive towards him?

MS. CROWLEY: I would not -- no, no, no. Look, I think that the Clintons have a rap sheet of shady donors going right up to Norman Hsu as of, what, last week. But there's some nerve on the part of the Clintons to attack Barack Obama for one night --

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: Do you think a list could be put together --

MR. BUCHANAN: How about Marc Rich?

MS. CROWLEY: He has apologized and given the money to charity.

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: Two-part exit question. Part one: Will Rezko's association with Obama torpedo Obama's prospects in the primaries to come? Second part: Will Rezko torpedo Obama's prospects long term?

MR. BUCHANAN: No. But look, there's a tarnish, a bit of a smear on Obama. But, no, that's not what's going to kill him, John. What's going to kill him (is) what's already been done in Nevada and South Carolina, which is turn him from a candidate who happened to be black into the black candidate.

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: Have you forgotten something?

MR. BUCHANAN: And second --

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: I'm doing this for the rest of the panel so they will not embarrass themselves. We've got a trial coming up. The trial is going to be prolonged. There are many counts.

MR. BUCHANAN: I don't know of --

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: It's Patrick Fitzgerald. It's day in and day out, video every night --

MR. BUCHANAN: I don't know that Rezko --

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: -- of Rezko.

MR. BUCHANAN: I don't know of a thing that Obama has done for Rezko that is in any way shady or criminal.

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: I'm telling you, the trial is not going to leave a pleasant odor.

MS. CLIFT: The answer is double no. Barack Obama is not on trial. And every politician in Washington has a rap sheet of donors. It's unfortunately the system that we operate under.

MS. CROWLEY: Well, what is going to torpedo Barack Obama is the Clinton war machine. It's not this individual Rezko charge.

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: You mean, there's more that they have on him?

MS. CROWLEY: Well, I mean, look at how the Clintons are playing this game. Barack Obama is trying to run a class operation, and the Clintons wouldn't know class if it hit them on the head.

MS. CLIFT: It's called politics, Monica. (Laughs.)

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: Could there be a counter-sympathy for Obama because of what the alleged Clintons are doing?

MR. ZUCKERMAN: Well, I think there is. There's been a lot of editorial comment really hostile to both Bill Clinton and Hillary for doing exactly this. And frankly, both of them end up being diminished by it. The country is just sick and tired of this kind of stuff. If you want to go back through the Clintons, you could find all kinds of material, okay, that could be brought up. I think this is an absolute non-issue.

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: The trial will be a non-factor?

MR. ZUCKERMAN: Absolutely. He is not on trial. You know, it is really a ridiculous issue. It is just another attempt to smear. And I think both of them --

MR. BUCHANAN: Hey, Mort -- you've got to get behind Romney, Mort. (Laughs.)

MR. ZUCKERMAN: I will. I will, if I knew who he was, okay?

MR. BUCHANAN: (Laughs.)

MS. CLIFT: Which Romney should you get behind?

MR. ZUCKERMAN: Right. Which Romney?

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: My feeling is Obama --

MR. ZUCKERMAN: Who is he today?

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: Can we get out? My feeling is Obama will not be hurt permanently by the Rezko matter.

...I thought I'd raise the issue again.

The pundits, both conservative and liberal, downplayed its impact. But McLaughlin seems confident "the trial is not going to leave a pleasant odor" as Rezko goes to trial on federal corruption charges.

And that it stains both the Clinton and Obama candidacies.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy

...I thought I'd raise the issue again.

The pundits, both conservative and liberal, downplayed its impact. But McLaughlin seems confident "the trial is not going to leave a pleasant odor" as Rezko goes to trial on federal corruption charges.

And that it stains both the Clinton and Obama candidacies.

It won't matter unless Obama wins the nomination. It's been brought up but Obama supporters just don't accept that he's not perfect. In a general election however with conservatives interested in using it to a wider audience it might hurt him.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Heh. I see that MEM is still editing thread titles to accuse his own party's likely nominee of being a gay coke fiend.

"Fair play" indeed.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Fox and CNN are reportedly calling Wisconsin for Obama and he is also supposedly leading in Hawaii

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
Heh. I see that MEM is still editing thread titles to accuse his own party's likely nominee of being a gay coke fiend.

"Fair play" indeed.

I just replied to posts & didn't change the the title. Is that really editing a title? Was anyone here in danger of thinking the title was anything but silly?

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fox and CNN are reportedly calling Wisconsin for Obama and he is also supposedly leading in Hawaii

It's still a bit early but it looks like his win is going to be tighter than his previous ones. Perhaps a sign that the momentum is slowing?

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Actually, the Wisconsin exit polls may indicate the exact opposite, as Obama continued to make progress among several key demographic groups. This is potentially very bad news for Hillary.

Clinton's strategy in Ohio and Texas is based on winning working class white voters and women, but in Wisconsin, Obama won whites 52-46, those without a college degree 54-45, and those with an income of less than $50,000 by 53-46. Among women, Clinton's edge was just 51-48. Obama also won among every age group other than those over 60.

As far as I can tell, if these polls are accurate and indicative of national trends, Hillary's base has now narrowed to elderly democrat white women.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I was looking at actual poll results though G-man. Hillary's been losing races lately with getting 30 percent something & even dipping into the 20's. It looks like this one will be over 40 something percent. Still a loss but better than the last 2 weeks.

Fair play!
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Sorry but that's actually Rudy in drag.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
It's pretty much over for Hillary if she doesn't do phenominally well in the next two primaries.

Yeah.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
ObamaHipHop.com - The Beat of the Movement

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I'll admit that Hillary fought the good fight, though. Surely her supporters will find comfort in that.

Pun-damentalist nutjob
400+ posts
Pun-damentalist nutjob
400+ posts
McCain's campaign mastermind will quit if Obama is nominated

Said campaign mastermind is Mark McKinnon, who helped put Bush and Cheney in the White House. Apparently, he doesn't want to aim any Kinnons at Obama.

This is not vengeance. This is pun-ishment.

"The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability." — Edgar Allan Poe
Page 15 of 94 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 93 94

Link Copied to Clipboard