Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 94 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 93 94
Pun-damentalist nutjob
400+ posts
Pun-damentalist nutjob
400+ posts

This is not vengeance. This is pun-ishment.

"The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability." — Edgar Allan Poe
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Nice try G-man but when you have conservative bloggers saying we need to send this to Drudge & then he gets it, well your "I hate Hillary" motivated conspiracy theories look weaker than usual.

Quote:
Supermarket tabloid The National Examiner reportedly ran the photo in its Feb. 4 issue. The photo appeared on right-wing message board Free Republic and conservative blog Sweetness & Light before Drudge picked it up. At least one Freeper recognized the need for wider distribution.
"Good Job," a user on Free Republic said Sunday to the person who posted the tabloid pic. "[I]t needs to get to Drudge,M.Malkin,Debbie Schussel etc....I want to see his explanation on this."

so basically regardless of how much evidence establishes that the clintons were behind it since they are denying it you are determined to stand by your [wo]man. times like this I wonder if you're really gay after all. then I look at hillary's photo and realize that probably wouldn't impact things either way.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
It's very interesting that you use the word evidence cap since there actually hasn't been any beyond conservatives doing their usual "Hillary is a bitch & I really really hate her dance" It might all make sense to you but I tend to think of evidence as being more than that. Like for example conservative bloggers circulating the same photo & commenting that someone ought to send it to Drudge.

Fair play!
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
keep telling yourself that...

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
No, Sammitch, don't you get it?

The VAST RIGHT WING CONSPIRACYTM first sent the photo to a tabloid owned by a Clinton supporter, KNOWING that the tabloid would publish it so they could then SCAN it and post it on a conservative blog and very PUBLICLY tell everyone who reads the blog that they should send it to Drudge.

The VAST RIGHT WING CONSPIRACYTM then, after publicly announcing their evil scheme on the aforementioned blog, thought it would be a good idea to pretend that they were from the Hillary camp, because, after all, it isn't like "Media Matters" or "Raw Story" monitor the conservative blogs all day to find shit like this out.

No, Sammitch, MEM got it all figured out. Acting on orders from Karl Rove and Haliburton, the VAST RIGHT WING CONSPIRACYTM constructed this elaborate plan to attack Hillary by making her opponent look like a 9/11 hijacker.

Damn. And we have gotten away with it too. If it wasn't for those meddling kids.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
It's not just me...
 Quote:
GOPAC head and FOX News contributor Michael Steele said he’d be surprised to find out the photo came from the Clinton campaign.”If there is a staffer who sort of in their own roguish way had gone out and put this out there, this will be their last day on the job,” Steele said.

“I think this is something that just kind of popped up on the ‘Net and they are attributing it to her. I’d be hard-pressed to find someone on the staff who is wasting their time in the heat of this battle to do something like that.”

FOX

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Actually, MEM, Steele doesn't blame conservatives. He speculates that one of her staffers did it without her knowledge. That might be true, but unless she's hiring members of the hated VAST RIGHT WING CONSPIRACYtm, that hardly makes it the work of "conservatives."

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
You know, the real issue might not be that this reveals him as a Muslim, but as a DORK:

He looks like a cross between Gilligan and Hadji in that getup.

It just occurred to me, with Barack Hussein Obama doing his best imitation of "Hadji," maybe Hillary could do her own tribute to Jonny Quest. She's certainly got the voice to play this character:

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
As I pointed out though g-man, we know that conservatives were circulating that photo around. One even commented that it should be sent to Drudge on one conservative blog. It's not a mystery who was circulating the photo G-man.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter eater Man

Originally Posted By: Hillary Clinton

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Since G-man is reposting...
 Quote:
Supermarket tabloid The National Examiner reportedly ran the photo in its Feb. 4 issue. The photo appeared on right-wing message board Free Republic and conservative blog Sweetness & Light before Drudge picked it up. At least one Freeper recognized the need for wider distribution.
"Good Job," a user on Free Republic said Sunday to the person who posted the tabloid pic. "[I]t needs to get to Drudge,M.Malkin,Debbie Schussel etc....I want to see his explanation on this."

My guess is one of these guys just sent Drudge an e-mail & said that they were from the Hillary campaign.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
According to ABC News:
  • During a Monday interview with ABC's Dallas affiliate, Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., did not flatly deny the DrudgeReport's charge that her campaign forwarded a photo of rival Barack Obama in traditional African dress.

During a Monday conference call with reporters, Clinton communications director Howard Wolfson said that the former first lady's campaign "did not sanction" the leaking of the photo. But he stopped short of denying whether a Clinton aide may have passed it to the DrudgeReport.

"I'm not in a position to ask 700 people to come in," said Wolfson.

Back in October, The New York Times identified Tracy Sefl as the Clinton campaign's conduit to the DrudgeReport.

Asked by ABC News on Monday if she gave the photo to the DrudgeReport, Sefl, who is vice president at the Glover Park Group, said, "no."

Like Wolfson, she could not speak for all Clinton campaign associates.

Asked if she has contacted the DrudgeReport to seek a correction to its claim that the Clinton campaign is the source of the photo, she said, "No comment."

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Here's the picture as it appeared at Free Republic Sunday:

It's an obvious scan.

Now, here's the copy that Drudge posted at this site, ostensibly from the Clinton campaign:

You'll note it is much clearer. It doesn't look like a scan.

Furthermore, in the picture at Free Republic you can see part of the right side white border where the National Examiner cropped the photo, cutting off Obama's elbow. The Drudge photo, however, isn't cropped and his whole arm is visible.

So it can't be the same photo that was posted at Free Republic.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Matter-eater Man argumentative User Fair Play!
4000+ posts 02/25/08 11:24 PM Making a new reply
Forum: Politics and Current Events
Thread: Re: Obama in Muslim Garb

Oh boy, another.. "LEAVE HILLARY ALONE" post is coming.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
How is the Clinton campaign able to say that they know it couldn't be anyone working for her campaign? Like they said it's over 700 people. They're just being honest by saying they don't know. They also said it wasn't anything sanctioned by them. Considering that conservative bloggers were circulating & talking about sending the photo to Drudge, might I suggest that's what happened.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
I take it that your most recent post was started before I posted the comparison of the two photos and noted that the one at FR was not the same version as the one Drudge received?

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Quote:

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
....I posted the comparison of the two photos and noted that the one at FR was not the same version as the one Drudge received...

MEM, I take it that you have no response to this point. Simply noting that someone at FR might have had the same idea as someone in the Hillary campaign doesn't exaplain the differences between the two pictures.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Matter-eater Man argumentative User Fair Play!
4000+ posts 02/25/08 11:38 PM Making a new reply
Forum: Politics and Current Events
Thread: Re: Obama in Muslim garb

I'd like to think he's actually going to respond to what I wrote instead of cutting and pasting the same discredited quote from Raw Story, but I won't count on it. Still, maybe he'll surprise us this time.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Sorry G-man I'm quite familiar with photoshop & scanning, so I know a photo can be made to look very different quality wise. (actually I think everyone knows that but you seem to think you had something there)

Quote:

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Photoshop can't put back in part of a scanned photo that wasn't there when it was scanned, MEM. At least not to that level of quality.

That's why I pointed out that, in the FR photo, you could see the white margin where the original source (the Examiner) had cropped it for publication; but in the Drudge version, the white margin wasn't there.

This demonstrates that the Drudge photo was from a different source than the Examiner. Therefore, it isn't the same one that was at FR.

Does it prove Hillary sent it in? Of course not. But it tends to disprove that FR was Drudge's source.

some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Obama May Face Grilling on Patriotism
[list]Sen. Barack Obama's refusal to wear an American flag lapel pin along with a photo of him not putting his hand over his heart during the National Anthem led conservatives on Internet and in the media to question his patriotism.

Now Obama's wife, Michelle, has drawn their ire, too, for saying recently that she's really proud of her country for the first time in her adult life.

Conservative consultants say that combined, the cases could be an issue for Obama in the general election if he wins the nomination, especially as he runs against Vietnam war hero Sen. John McCain.

"The reason it hasn't been an issue so far is that we're still in the microcosm of the Democratic primary," said Republican consultant Roger Stone. "Many Americans will find the three things offensive. Barack Obama is out of the McGovern wing of the party, and he is part of the blame America first crowd."

During Friday night’s Real Time with Bill Maher, Republican Congressman Jack Kingston took to the airwaves to echo the right wing talking points of Obama being “not patriotic enough”. One of the memes that Kingston brought up was about Obama not wearing his lapel pin. Let’s take a look at people not wearing their lapel pin:

How interesting. That looks like Rep. Jack Kingston talking about Obama not wearing his lapel pin. What’s missing? Jack Kingston’s lapel pin.

So does this make Kingston unpatriotic, a hypocrite or just plain stupid.

Of course this isn’t the first time Kingston played a game of “open mouth, insert foot”. A little over a year ago, Kingston said if families couldn’t survive on the old minimum wage then they needed to work longer hours. Just a month before that he was crying that working a 5 day work week in Congress would “take away from families“. I guess his family is more important than yours or mine.

I myself didn’t know lapel pins were so important to national security. Glenn Greenwald explains how easy it was for Obama to handle this nonsense:

Quote:
Far more notable is Barack Obama’s response to these depressingly familiar attacks. In response, he’s not scurrying around slapping flags all over himself or belting out the National Anthem, nor is he apologizing for not wearing lapels, nor is he defensively trying to prove that — just like his Republican accusers — he, too, is a patriot, honestly. He’s not on the defensive at all. Instead, he’s swatting away these slurs with the dismissive contempt they deserve, and then eagerly and aggressively engaging the debate on offense because he’s confident, rather than insecure, about his position

“A party that presided over a war in which our troops did not get the body armor they needed, or were sending troops over who were untrained because of poor planning, or are not fulfilling the veterans’ benefits that these troops need when they come home, or are undermining our Constitution with warrantless wiretaps that are unnecessary?

“That is a debate I am very happy to have. We’ll see what the American people think is the true definition of patriotism.”

Never mind the fact that John McCain often doesn't wear a flag lapel pin either. But that's the far right for you, always up in arms over proper reverence towards symbols rather than substantive things like Constitutional and international law.

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
muslim lover.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Photoshop can't put back in part of a scanned photo that wasn't there when it was scanned, MEM. At least not to that level of quality.

That's why I pointed out that, in the FR photo, you could see the white margin where the original source (the Examiner) had cropped it for publication; but in the Drudge version, the white margin wasn't there.

This demonstrates that the Drudge photo was from a different source than the Examiner. Therefore, it isn't the same one that was at FR.

Does it prove Hillary sent it in? Of course not. But it tends to disprove that FR was Drudge's source.

Maybe but as I've pointed out repeatedly conservative bloggers were circulating the photo & talking about sending it to Drudge. Drudge probably just got a better photo after the freepers sent him the crappy one.

It's just funny btw how you can rail on the NYT & then turn around and act as if Drudge is the gospel when it suits your purposes. At least I can look at both these stories & see that their wrong, just like the story about Obama being a muslim which you've been pushing.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
I think the thing with Obama and the pin is less that he doesn't always wear a pin and that he launched into some sort of tortured defense where he conciously doesn't wear a pin to make "a statement."

One thing I've noticed about a lot of liberals I've encountered is that they don't want any "questioning [their] patriotism" but, at the same time, they don't fly the flag (some of the goofier ones even fly UN flags or "PACE" flags) and accuse anyone who flies, or wears, the flag of being "jingoistic" or some such thing. Instead they talk about how "true patriotism" consists of, in essence, constantly running down the country, never acknowledging the good and endlessly harping on the bad.

There's even a thread here about it and whether liberals hate America.

So, when Obama, the great half-white hope of the far left, starts in with that whole argument, it sounds suspiciously like the members of the "blame America first" crowd who, really, AREN'T that patriotic.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: The Pun-isher
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
why is obama's camp upset? if the photos are innocent and he feels it was appropriate, why the outrage?

Manipulations people can drudge up about what the photos represent?

The knowledge that some people are going to be narrow-minded about this and call Obama a covert Muslim, not knowing the significance of what he's wearing?

The fear that people aren't ready for a president who engages in cosplay?

still isnt obama the guy who doesnt hide from anything, why be upset? i mean if you dressed up as Muslim why be ticked off someone distributed the picture? it sounds to me like he knew it was wrong.

Pun-damentalist nutjob
400+ posts
Pun-damentalist nutjob
400+ posts
 Originally Posted By: The Pun-isher
why is obama's camp upset? if the photos are innocent and he feels it was appropriate, why the outrage?

Manipulations people can drudge up about what the photos represent?

The knowledge that some people are going to be narrow-minded about this and call Obama a covert Muslim, not knowing the significance of what he's wearing?

The fear that people aren't ready for a president who engages in cosplay?

still isnt obama the guy who doesnt hide from anything, why be upset? i mean if you dressed up as Muslim why be ticked off someone distributed the picture? it sounds to me like he knew it was wrong.

Because it's not about the pic itself - it's about anticipating the manipulative spin people (like a certain spinsteress) are gonna put on it.

This is not vengeance. This is pun-ishment.

"The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability." — Edgar Allan Poe
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
But Obama was that worried about the "spin" that people would put on it, then why put on the outfit in the first place?

This isn't some twenty year old photo from his time in law school. It's only a couple of years old and after people started talking about him as a national political figure.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
i just find it ridiculous that they are furious. look he was kissing up to the muslim faction in kenya and that is that. he needs to learn to live with his decisions.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Yep. That's it in a nutshell. Like I said before, I don't agree with Hillary on much in this world, but when she pointed out that his protest in this was out of line, she was right on the money.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Funny thing is that THIS picture

appeared in a far right web site. But when the accusations of outright racism started, the picture remained but the caption changed to THIS:

2009 Inaugural, as imagined by unnamed Clinton staffers

So although I hate Hillary's guts, I think there is more happening here. It looks as if the right is simultaneously trying to smear Obama while blaming Hillary for it. Like killing 2 birds with one stone. Scurrilous low lives that they are, I wouldn't put it past them.

BTW who wrote that bullshit "Obama in Muslim garb" title?? I'm so glad the far right is going to continue to play the low life role seeing as how the electorate, an energized and inspired electorate at that, is vehemently rejecting that kind of politiking. It's sort of the 2008 version of shouting "i'm an asshole" from the treetops.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
thats ridiculous, the one tribesman is wearing red white and blue, obama would never stand for that!

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
During a February 26 rally for Sen. John McCain, conservative radio talk-show host Bill Cunningham "repeatedly referred to [Sen. Barack] Obama as Barack Hussein Obama -- at least three times," according to a post on the MSNBC.com blog First Read. In an update to the post, First Read reported that "McCain addressed the issue, saying he repudiated the comments and has respect for his Democratic opponents," and that "McCain accepted responsibility for the speaker while also saying he had not been in the room and had not heard the comments himself."

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: BSAMS

the one tribesman is wearing red white and blue, obama would never stand for that!

Exactly, BSAMS. As Barack Hussein Obama has reminded us in the past, wearing our nation's colors is "a substitute for ... true patriotism."

In any event, however, I still find it funny that, just because Obama's getting hit from the right wing for his patriotism, or alleged lack therof, people like whomod and MEM think it's impossible that Hillary would also hit him on a lack of patriotism.

I guess that's their way of saying that Hillary would never criticize an unpatriotic person?

5000+ posts
5000+ posts

I guess that's their way of saying that Hillary would never criticize an unpatriotic person?

And again we see G-man's right wing leaps of logic and smear. You really are a low life.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod
During a February 26 rally for Sen. John McCain, conservative radio talk-show host Bill Cunningham "repeatedly referred to [Sen. Barack] Obama as Barack Hussein Obama -- at least three times," according to a post on the MSNBC.com blog First Read. In an update to the post, First Read reported that "McCain addressed the issue, saying he repudiated the comments and has respect for his Democratic opponents," and that "McCain accepted responsibility for the speaker while also saying he had not been in the room and had not heard the comments himself."

and people want Obama as president? We aren't allowed to show pictures of him that are unflattering, we can't call him by his full name?

Let's hope if he is elected the terrorists dont have photoshop, they could post a unflattering pic WITH his full name, he'd have to go into hiding!

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
That's disgusting, BSAMS. I admit that it's not as disgusting as it would be if Obama weren't half white, but it's at least half as disgusting as it would be if he were totally of black decent. Your comments are clearly being made on the basis of racism since you're white and Obama is black (well, half black). You could in no way be reacting to his actual actions and character due to said fact. You should be ashamed of yourself. Hopefully, when Barack takes control, he'll completely outlaw such actions and have you imprisoned for the hate crime that I'm pretty sure you must have possibly committed.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Here's a video of Bill Cunningham whipping up the crowd on this page:

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080226/NEWS01/302260085

it's funny cuz it's true!

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod

So, what whomod is saying is that REPUBLICAN John McCain treats Barack Hussein Obama better than some leading members of the DEMOCRATic party, including Clinton supporter Bob Kerrey?

Maybe whomod should call his posts "McCain repudiates Democrats"? Nah.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts

and people want Obama as president? We aren't allowed to show pictures of him that are unflattering, we can't call him by his full name?

He didn't used to be this uptight. Back in 2006, it was reported:
  • Obama has joked that he worried his political career was over after 9/11 because his name sounded too much like Osama.

In fact, it appears that he was more comfortable with it than most of his fellow libs were. I guess becoming the frontrunner has changed him.

Praise Allah!

Page 18 of 94 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 93 94

Link Copied to Clipboard