Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
...Barack Obama's senior economic policy adviser privately told Canadian officials to view the debate in Ohio over trade as "political positioning," according to a memo obtained by The Associated Press that was rejected by the adviser and held up Monday as evidence of doublespeak by rival Hillary Rodham Clinton....

Barack Hussein Obama isn't the only one with a record of doublespeak on NAFTA, however:
  • “I think everybody is in favor of free and fair trade,” Hillary Clinton said in 1996. “I think NAFTA is proving its worth.”

In her 2003 book, Living History, Clinton warmly calls NAFTA one of her husband’s “legislative victories.”

“I think, on balance, NAFTA has been good for New York and America,” she said in 2004.

Personally, I think Hillary was correct back in 1994-2003 when she was supporting NAFTA. Unfortunately, right now, pandering to the unions is a big deal for both candidates and attacking NAFTA is one of the ways they pander.

So, as a result, we're treated to two disingenuous candidates attacking something when probably neither of them really mean it.