I'd like to take this moment to try and bring a end to the fighting on this board. The politics of division are tearing us a part.

Let us rally around words of peace and virtue. Here are some soothing words from the pastor of Trinity United Church of Christ, my church Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright, Jr.

Quote:
“Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run!...We [in the U.S.] believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God.”

Quote:
“In the 21st century, white America got a wake-up call after 9/11/01, White America and the western world came to realize that people of color had not gone away, faded into the woodwork or just ‘disappeared’ as the Great White West kept on its merry way of ignoring black concerns. The Israelis have illegally occupied Palestinian territories for over 40 years now, divestment has now hit the table again as a strategy to wake the business community and wake up Americans concerning the injustice and the racism under which the Palestinians have lived because of Zionism.”

I hope that we can somehow come together as I do with this man in church each Sunday to better understand how to battle the politics of division.