How so? They were the same story! the only fact I got wrong was that I initially said troops and not cops, troopers, state police deputies or whatever the hell they were. that was because at the time I wrote it, I was going on memory about something I read over 2 years ago. The point I was trying to make was that black residents were trapped in New Orleans and not there because they were too stupid or lazy to get out. My point wasn't about troops, it was about people being prevented from leaving by force. And that hasn't changed once in all of this.

The level of venom raised by all this though is astounding to me. The fact that cops stood at a bridge and stopped people from leaving doesn't offend you guys as much as me having gotten a detail about whether it was cops or troops? And could there have been white people among them? Probably a few. From everything I read on this though, it was mostly if not entirely a black crowd. And yeah, there are arguments that it was a public safety issue and not racism and all that. The 60 Minutes piece I posted addresses all those arguments nicely.

BTW. The AP sites archives are shit. I've checked several other AP stories from a few years ago even under advanced search with precise dates and info, they don't show up.

The only way they do appear to be valid and real is under a Nexis search.