Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 37 of 66 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 65 66
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Will Media Matters finally go after Olbermann? This seems no better than anything Matthews or Shuster have said about Hillary in the past.

Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Olbermann is right.

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
youre getting emotional again.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Why, because I'm stating fact?

Well, I guess if I were a Republican I'd think that too.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Jason E. Perkins
Olbermann is right.

That never stopped Media Matters from going after others.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Why, because I'm stating fact?

Well, I guess if I were a Republican I'd think that too.

see you just admitted, you dont think. you go with whatever party you are affiliated with. let the emotions go.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
Olbermann is right.

That never stopped Media Matters from going after others.

Point made. Point taken.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
John Fund, of the Wall St Journal, on what the Olbermann attack means:
  • Hillary Clinton doesn't easily apologize. But she did last night, telling a group of more than 200 black newspaper editors that she was sorry about comments made by her supporters that have upset African-Americans.

She went on to "repudiate" remarks that Geraldine Ferraro, a Clinton supporter and 1984 Democratic vice-presidential running-mate, made suggesting Mr. Obama would not have been so successful if he were white. Mrs. Clinton pointed out that Mrs. Ferraro had resigned her post with the Clinton finance committee.

Mrs. Clinton made her retreat on the same night that one of her most stalwart liberal supporters turned on her. In a blistering "special comment" tacked on to his MSNBC show, host Keith Olbermann accused Mrs. Clinton of "now campaigning as if Barack Obama were the Democrat, and you were the Republican." Mr. Olbermann didn't mince words -- he accused Clinton advisers of sending "Senator Clinton's campaign back into the vocabulary of David Duke." He tagged Team Clinton with "slowly killing the chances for any Democrat to become president" with its divisive campaign tactics.

While Ms. Ferraro's words were certainly inartful, no one in their right mind believes they should be compared with the rhetoric of David Duke. The fact that former Clinton allies such as Mr. Olbermann are becoming so apoplectic is a sure sign that Mrs. Clinton is wearing out her welcome on the primary stage in many quarters.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
i think olberman was referring to obamas pastor.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Obama has it wrapped up in my opinion. He may lose PA but that will be it. He will win more super delegates. He then will lose the general election to Johnny Mac.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
youre part of the republican conspiracy.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
That's great if true. Welcome back to the club, P.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
it has to be true, wensday said that the republican want Hilary to win.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
I am voting for McCain in November. He is independent enough for me plus conservative on the stuff I am too... like taxes and foreign policy.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
i'm voting obama in november. he's left wing like me, plus he's a muslim religious zealot.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts

But MEM said that the republicans want Obama to win the primary.

Which oppressed minority to believe? The black Perkins or the gay MEM?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
i'm voting obama in november. he's left wing like me, plus he's a muslim religious zealot.

I never pictured you as a Muslim Relgious zealot BSAMS. For some strange reason, if any of us were to turn Islam, I always assumed it would be rex, given their belief that women should dress like giant socks couple with his rage issues.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

perkins is voting on emotion, so i'll have to believe MEM.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

I never pictured you as a Muslim Relgious zealot BSAMS. For some strange reason, if any of us were to turn Islam, I always assumed it would be rex, given their belief that women should dress like giant socks couple with his rage issues.

oh thats right, i love my country. i take back the endorsement.

if it's obama vs mcain i vote mccain.

if it's hilary vs mcain i likely vote mccain but i havent made up my mind.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts

perkins is voting on emotion, so i'll have to believe MEM.

But MEM's gay so he could be voting on emotion too.

This is a real tough one.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
while i'll admit hilary is manly looking i bet MEM knows she's not.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Olbermann is right.

No he isn't but since it's all for Obama it's OK isn't it?

The more reasonable Obama supporters may want to muzzle some of the Olbermans out there because right now I don't have a problem voting McCain after listning to the liberal frat boys like that suck up to Obama & spew venom at Hillary.

Fair play!
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
plus obama is a terrorist.

the G-man #932597 2008-03-14 12:40 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
John Fund, of the Wall St Journal, on what the Olbermann attack means:
  • Hillary Clinton doesn't easily apologize. But she did last night, telling a group of more than 200 black newspaper editors that she was sorry about comments made by her supporters that have upset African-Americans.

She went on to "repudiate" remarks that Geraldine Ferraro, a Clinton supporter and 1984 Democratic vice-presidential running-mate, made suggesting Mr. Obama would not have been so successful if he were white. Mrs. Clinton pointed out that Mrs. Ferraro had resigned her post with the Clinton finance committee.

Mrs. Clinton made her retreat on the same night that one of her most stalwart liberal supporters turned on her. In a blistering "special comment" tacked on to his MSNBC show, host Keith Olbermann accused Mrs. Clinton of "now campaigning as if Barack Obama were the Democrat, and you were the Republican." Mr. Olbermann didn't mince words -- he accused Clinton advisers of sending "Senator Clinton's campaign back into the vocabulary of David Duke." He tagged Team Clinton with "slowly killing the chances for any Democrat to become president" with its divisive campaign tactics.

While Ms. Ferraro's words were certainly inartful, no one in their right mind believes they should be compared with the rhetoric of David Duke. The fact that former Clinton allies such as Mr. Olbermann are becoming so apoplectic is a sure sign that Mrs. Clinton is wearing out her welcome on the primary stage in many quarters.

I'm not a regular Olberman viewer since he's like a liberal version of Rush Limbaugh but did notice that he's been pro-Obama for quite a while now. His outrage is outragous & it's all about helping his guy Obama out. I knew the minute Ferraro's comments got out that they would be very usefull to people like Olberman who is the type of guy who uses accusations of racism as a tool. It was sad to see Obama also work the race card for his gain, although he was careful not to actual make that accusation. That's been left for his helpers.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Just out of curiosity: has "Media Matters" criticized Olbermann yet?

the G-man #932633 2008-03-14 1:11 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Since Olbermann falls into the liberal category it's not a Media Matters thing I'm assuming. I know you've felt otherwise in the past but they really are not Hillary's hit men as you've put it.

Fair play!
the G-man #932644 2008-03-14 1:38 AM
Pun-damentalist nutjob
400+ posts
Pun-damentalist nutjob
400+ posts
Just out of curiosity: has "Media Matters" criticized Olbermann yet?

As a matter of fact, no. I even did a search, and nothing came up.

This is not vengeance. This is pun-ishment.

"The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability." — Edgar Allan Poe
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
have whomod do the search, if he cant find anything he'll make it up for you!

some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts

whomod #932754 2008-03-14 11:07 PM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
From The Daily Kos: More Hillary Clinton and The Democratic Leadership Council shenanigans.

Quote:
I've been concerned for a while that the Obama/Clinton contest is becoming a surrogate battle between the Dean and McAuliffe wings of the DNC. It is a battle between those that believe in the "important states" vs. "the other 40", between DLCers and DFAers, between an addiction to corporate/special interest money and those that believe that small donors in vast numbers are democracy at its most powerful.

What I read in the NYT today, makes me concerned that McAuliffe and those that he represents are trying to ambush Dean using Clinton donors.

The NetRoots helped Dean get where he is today. With the DNC coffers very low right now, he is under attack.

Today, the NYT has run a piece about Clinton donors complaining to the DNC about how they are handling the FL delegate dispute with at least one large donor demanding his donation be returned. Behind the ambush is none other than McAuliffe:

Quote:
About 250 top fund-raisers for Mrs. Clinton met Wednesday in Washington. Terry McAuliffe, the Clinton campaign’s chairman and a former chairman of the Democratic National Committee, encouraged the donors to pick up the phone and call party leaders, as did Mrs. Clinton.

As we all know, money talks and the Clinton donors are leveraging their donations to settle this dispute in a way that can help their candidate:

Quote:
Pushing to seat the Florida delegates, at least one top Clinton fund-raiser, Paul Cejas, a Miami businessman who has given the Democratic National Committee $63,500 since 2003, has demanded Democratic officials return his 2007 contribution of $28,500, which they have agreed to do....

Christopher Korge, a Florida real estate developer who is another top fund-raiser for Mrs. Clinton, held an event last year in his home that brought in about $140,000 for the national party, which was set aside in a special account for the general election battle in Florida. But he told committee officials this week that if Florida’s delegate conundrum was not settled satisfactorily he would be asking for the money back.

The Clinton/McAuliffe wing of the party would like nothing more than to see Dean removed from the DNC, and frankly I see them using the fight over the seating of Michigan and FL delegates to be part of their attempt to bring him down in an fight about whose really has the power to make the rules in the Democratic Party.

When Dean first came to the power at the DLC, the NetRoots supported him with money bombs everytime he came under attack and when he stood up for the principles so many of us progressives believe in.

I believe it is time to shower Howard with some love once again in a language even McAuliffe understands.

Well, the netroots is helping fund Obama and now the netroots is going to bail out The DNC from hillary's attacks on it. Seriously though, what he fuck??? She's attacking the DNC?? Beause she's not geting her way?

I'm really getting sick of Hillary's crap. Fighting tough is welcome. Fighting dirty is not. Now, I'm starting to wonder if even a small portion of the past vilification of the Clintons wasn't justified. I mean, urging your donors, for all intents and purposes, to blackmail the Democratic party? In essence, telling your donors that if you can't be the nominee then the Democrats should lose the election? (And that's exactly what's happening. Hillary wants the DNC to seat the delegates from the non-election that happened in Florida after the state willfully violated DNC rules, knowing full well what would happen if they did. Now Hillary wants all those delegates seated, from the non-election, so she can steal the election from Obama). Is it any wonder that 25% of Hillary's supporters say they won't support Obama in the general election? Hillary is the one telling them that they shouldn't support Obama, that they shouldn't support their own party. Howard Dean should tell Hillary Lieberman stop her crap, now, or resign from the Democratic party. Contrary to Her Majesty's thinking, there are other Democrats worthy of leading our country. Read more about Hillary's latest attempt to steal the election, from the NYT.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod
From Now, I'm starting to wonder if even a small portion of the past vilification of the Clintons wasn't justified.

whomod, as you get older and less angrier you will find everything i have said is justified and correct. i'm glad you are slowly coming around.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Now, I'm starting to wonder if even a small portion of the past vilification of the Clintons wasn't justified.

You're just starting to wonder?

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Quote:
Now, I'm starting to wonder if even a small portion of the past vilification of the Clintons wasn't justified.

Well, okay. Seeing as how i've spent the better part of a month here trying to snap MEM out of his unfounded infatuation with her, that may not be entirely accurate.

But day by day, hillary proves my suspicions about her and the DLC correct. And now that they're going after Dean, a guy that pretty much was responsible for the Democratic wins of '06 and who inexplicably for Democrats, they despise, sort of crystallizes it.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod
 Quote:

Well, okay. Seeing as how i've spent the better part of a month here trying to snap MEM out of his unfounded infatuation with her, that may not be entirely accurate.

what happened to mem? what happened to most of the lefty posters for that matter? the last day or two you've been the only one showing up. how's that for solidarity?

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
MEM has popped in a few times, typically to attack Obama for his association with the crazy racist minister.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
zionists!

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
It's sad to see my fellow Dems who wanted every vote counted in Florida in 2000, now refer to counting votes as stealing an election. We will lose more than an election if the nominee ends up being decided because a state's election wasn't recognized.

btw, it's spring & there are many birthdays plus works been busy so I haven't been on as much.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
I said it privately to another of the Democrats here:

The Democrats have screwed themselves. They changed the rules, and whether they stick to excluding Florida and Michigan primary votes, or arrange some compromise, or have another primary in both states, no matter what neither Hillary or Obama will recognize the result as legitimate if either one loses, and their supporters will be pissed off and reject the result as well.

Obama's people will call it "racist".

Hillary's people will say it was done in a way that favors Obama.

The only possible cure is to have a Hillary/Obama ticket, or an Obama/Hillary ticket. And frankly, I see peace in the Middle East as more likely.

Page 37 of 66 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 65 66

Link Copied to Clipboard