Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 94 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 93 94
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts

Even Rev. Wright takes time to socialize with the man!

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod
The Washington Post reports a major security breach involving Barack Obama's passport

It turns out that Hillary and McCain's passport files were also breached.

I suppose the temptation will be to claim that Karl Rove and Dick Cheney made sure to breach all three candidate's records to obsure their real plans. More likely, however, we're going to find out either (a) this was idle curiosity; (b) some newspaper reporter wanted the records.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I'm gonna guess that Richardson is going to be Obama's VP if he wins the nomination. He's kept out of taking sides up till now & Obama probably wants him because he's hispanic. Pelosi has mentioned that there would be a dream ticket but it wasn't going to be Hillary & Obama & I bet this is what she was talking about.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
I'm not sure how a black man and a hispanic are a "dream ticket" unless you believe, and I doubt that Pelosi does, that the entire nation has finally transcended race.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I think Obama's run up till the Wright thing proves it's not a problem to have that type of ticket.

Fair play!
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
totally. that would be a tough ticket to beat. McCain would need to put Rudy on to counter him and sweep the northeast. They would lose California.....maybe Florida with the hispanic vote.

PJP #934195 2008-03-21 4:44 PM
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Well, it's nice to see that America is no longer a racist society, what with the fact that a black man and hispanic can win the presidency together.

If nothing else, that proves Rev. Wright and his supporters are wrong.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
There are those chickens.....................

coming home to roost!

PJP #934199 2008-03-21 4:45 PM
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
praise allah!

PJP #934215 2008-03-21 6:10 PM
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
The Washington Post reports a major security breach involving Barack Obama's passport...This is not good. We know how much we can trust anyone who works for George Bush. NOT AT ALL.

Originally Posted By: the G-man
I also recall Hillary's people had a history of getting into confidential FBI records. Are you sure, given that Hillary has more to lose vis a vis Obama than a guy who isn't running, that HER people didn't reach out to these employees?

Clinton friend may be involved in passport breach
  • A State Department official in charge of the department during two of the three breaches into the passport files of Sen. Barack Obama has a direct tie to Bill and Hillary Clinton and department officials are investigating whether she furnished information to Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign.

Maura Harty was in charge of the Bureau Of Consular Affairs during the first two breaches of Obama's passport. Former President Bill Clinton appointed her to an ambassadorship during his Presidency.

Harty retired last month from the State Department. She joined the State Department in 2002 after serving as ambassador to Paraguay for two years of Bill Clinton's Presidential term. Sources within the State Department told Capitol Hill Blue this morning that revelations of the first two passport breaches surfaced only after Harty left her State Department job.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Obama after not supporting a revote in MI is now talking about seating delegates from FL & MI at the convention but they would be split equally between Hillary & himself. I find that to be a very insulting & undemocratic solution. First off, its changing the rules midgame. Obama thought that was unfair when Hillary has requested that the delegates be seated. It's OK now however to seat them as long as it doesn't hurt his chances. Worst of all those states wouldn't have ended up being equal splits. This solution not only makes these state's votes not count but actually misrepresents the support Obama has in those states.

Fair play!
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Praise Allah!

Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
I'm gonna guess that Richardson is going to be Obama's VP if he wins the nomination. He's kept out of taking sides up till now & Obama probably wants him because he's hispanic. Pelosi has mentioned that there would be a dream ticket but it wasn't going to be Hillary & Obama & I bet this is what she was talking about.

My dream ticket in the beginning was Richardson/Obama. This would be the next best thing.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Richardson is one of the few democrats I would have voted for.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
rex #934360 2008-03-22 7:47 PM
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Bill Richardson admitted on the "Today" show this morning that his call to Hillary about endorsing Obama got "a little bit heated."

I'll bet.

some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
Bill Richardson admitted on the "Today" show this morning that his call to Hillary about endorsing Obama got "a little bit heated."

I'll bet.

Richardson was on Countdown Last Night as well. He had a few interesting tidbits to add including the fact that he almost endorsed Hillary.

No transcript is available but here's the embed code and a link:

<iframe height="339" width="425" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/#" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
I like Richardson a lot. Not too keen on Barack though.

PJP #934374 2008-03-22 10:24 PM
Middle Nameless
25+ posts
Middle Nameless
25+ posts
The point I was making was not that my grandmother harbors any racial animosity. But she is a typical white person. If she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know. . .there's a reaction in her that doesn't go away and it comes out in the wrong way.

PJP #934375 2008-03-22 10:26 PM
Middle Nameless
25+ posts
Middle Nameless
25+ posts
 Originally Posted By: The New Adventures of Old PJP
I like Richardson a lot. Not too keen on Barack though.

My pastor says it's alright to hang out with the Latinos, they know their role around us.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Barack Hussein Obama
The point I was making was not that my grandmother harbors any racial animosity. But she is a typical white person. If she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know. . .there's a reaction in her that doesn't go away and it comes out in the wrong way.

we all look alike anyways.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
I disagree, man, she was just an old timer, that's the way people talked back then! It didn't mean they were racist... but my grandmother did refer to a broken beer bottle once as a nigger knife... you know, come to think of it, my grandmother was kind of a racist.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
 Originally Posted By: Barack Hussein Obama

we all look alike anyways.

Kudos to Fox’s Chris Wallace for taking Fox And Friends ‘To Task’ For ‘Two Hours Of Obama Bashing’

On Fox and Friends this morning, hosts Steve Doocy, Brian Kilmeade, and Gretchen Carlson spent multiple segments sensationalizing a comment Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) made yesterday, in which he referred to his grandmother as “a typical white person” in some of her racial reactions. Obama made the comment while discussing his recent speech on race relations in America on a Philadelphia radio show.

When the trio welcomed Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace onto the show, instead of previewing his show this weekend, Wallace announced that he was going to take his fellow Fox hosts “to task” for their “excessive” and “somewhat distorting” coverage of what Obama said:

Quote:
Hey listen, I love you guys but I want to take you to task if I may, respectfully, for a moment. I have been watching the show since 6:00 this morning when I got up, and it seems to me that two hours of Obama bashing on this typical white person remark is somewhat excessive and frankly I think you’re somewhat distorting what Obama had to say.

Wallace — who said that the issue “was a little more complicated than we’ve been portraying” — went on to chastise his very uncomfortable-looking colleagues for the next five minutes. Watch it:

Trying to defend their coverage, Carlson said they played up Obama’s comment because she “felt that maybe the attention was being taken away from what people really wanted to hear Barack Obama speak about, which was his association and what he thought about the comments by his minister Jeremiah Wright.”

Noting Obama’s speeches this week on the economy and the war in Iraq, Wallace replied that “maybe it’s the media doing” the deflecting:

Quote:
Far be it for me to be a spokesman for the Obama campaign, and I will tell you that they would laugh at that characterization, but you know, the fact is that after giving a speech on race earlier this week, on Tuesday, he gave a major speech on Iraq on Wednesday and a major speech on the economy yesterday. And so, I think they would say that in terms of deflecting attention away from the issues people really want to hear about, maybe it’s the media doing it, not Barack Obama.

“I appreciate you respecting us enough to say it on camera as opposed to writing an email,” said Kilmeade after hearing Wallace’s criticism.

So again, kudos for Wallace doing the right thing there. I do take exception for that type of reporting that FOX does and i'm glad to see Wallace speaking against it. it does lend a bit of respectability to himself.

And on a day that saw not only the news cycle move over to the passport story as well s the Richardson endorsement for Obama, I'm wondering if Wallace also doesn't see the handwriting on the wall and realizes that an Obama presidency with a continued Obama boycotts of FOX news because of that type of reporting would only further hurt and marginalize their network.

That' just speculation on my part as to motive but regardless of what motivated him, whether professional maneuvering or genuine desire for fairness, I'm glad he did that.

Also in fairness, Kilmeade had earlier also tried to add some context to the quote wbut was quickly knocked down by his two chortling co-hosts who wanted nothing more than to further distort the comment and add another day of spectacle to Obama and the race issue. Brian Kilmeade “argued that the remark needed to be taken in context and eventually got so fed up with his co-hosts that he walked off set.”

It looks like civil war up there.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Kudos to Fox's Chris Wallace...

Yeah, we all read that before...when you put it up yesterday.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
That's the most feminine kd lang has ever looked.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
The Washington Post reports a major security breach involving Barack Obama's passport...This is not good. We know how much we can trust anyone who works for George Bush. NOT AT ALL.

Passport Probe Hits Obama: Obama advisor heads Virginia company at heart of the State Department candidate passport breach probe.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
whoopsy!

i just want everyone to know, i wont gloat when whomod slams Obama tomorrow for being associated with this company.

Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
 Originally Posted By: First Amongst Daves
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
Just saw Obama's speech in Philadelphia. "Perfecting the union."

I disagreed with his comments about the wrong of sending jobs overseas. But otherwise it was inspiring, unifying and ever-hopeful. You people will be extremely fortunate if you get him for President.

Quote:

"That was the most sophisticated speech on race and politics I've ever heard," said CNN's Bill Schneider, the only network pundit who actually has taught American political history at elite universities.

It was all the more remarkable because, while Kennedy presided over what may have been the greatest speech-writing team in electoral history, Obama -- like Lincoln -- wrote his address himself, completing the final draft Monday night.

The speech is being compared to speeches by your greatest presidents. And so, sorry, what's your point?

Not that I'm characterizing you as a full time speech critic, but I remember some comments being made by you about politicians and double-speak; I believe it was in the "It's not About Oil of Iraq" thread. The fact that you are not able to see through Obama's song and dance after being so critical of such things (or are able to and are simply giving him your nomination for prez as a wordsmith) is really sad.

Something else to note: The only reason that any speech from one of our greatest presidents is remembered is because of their actions as presidents. Do you really think their speeches would be so memorable if they were crappy Commander and Chiefs? Then there's the fact that more renowned speeches in US history are hailed as being philosophically and morally profound; Obama's speech is politically reflective in nature and is in regards to controversies that surround him.

I see no ulterior motive in this.

I'm not sure what you are referring to, but the invasion of Iraq was plainly controversial, full of half-truths and plain deception. If there was a political speech which hung off that which I criticised, I suspect it was justified.

Obama's speech wasn't out to justify the invasion of another country to secure America's control of a large percentage of middle Eastern petroleum at a time of peak oil.

Americans are obsessed by race issues. Obama's speech was potentially self-destructive. When I first heard of it, I thought he was insane. It was full of risk at a time when he could have coasted along at a time he was ahead to secure the Dem nomination. The element of risk burns of honesty to me.

Then I heard it. Courageous.

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I see no ulterior motive in this.

Dave you never struck me as being that naive. You don't see a politician running for the highest office in the US, who just had a video of the pastor of the church he attended for 20 years preaching hatred against whites, and the USA as having an ulterior motive for this speech?

Surely your joking?

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Obama's speech wasn't out to justify the invasion of another country to secure America's control of a large percentage of middle Eastern petroleum at a time of peak oil.

You're usually too smart to believe half baked conspiracy theories, Dave.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news?slug=ap-wta-richardwilliamsremarks&prov=ap&type=lgns

Quote:
INDIAN WELLS, Calif. (AP)—WTA head Larry Scott said Thursday that he strongly disagrees with comments made by Richard Williams, father of Serena and Venus, regarding racism on the women’s tour.

Saying he was disappointed by Williams’ recent remarks during an interview in India, Scott said in a statement: “The Tour has a zero tolerance policy when it comes to racism, and I have previously let Mr. Williams know that he should let me know if he ever had evidence of racist comments or acts in women’s professional tennis.”

While his daughters were playing earlier this month in Bangladore, India, where Venus reached the quarterfinals and Serena won the title, Williams told the Deccan Herald, “Well, I’m black and I’m prejudiced, very prejudiced. People are prejudiced in tennis. I don’t think Venus or Serena was ever accepted by tennis. They never will be.”

He said the media treated his daughters unfairly, that it was “the worst media job that they have done on any human being in the world,” and that if he were Serena and Venus, he would have quit playing.

“But if you get some little white no-good trasher in America like Tracy Austin or Chris Evert, who cannot hit the ball, they (the media) will claim this is great,” he said.

Scott said, “Champions like Chris Evert and Tracy Austin have done so much to help build women’s tennis to where it is today, and it is regrettable that anyone would criticize them in this manner.”

The Williams sisters haven’t played at Indian Wells since 2001. They were booed after Venus pulled out of a semifinal match against her sister, citing knee tendinitis. Serena went on to win the title, but was booed during and after the championship match.

It seems like Obama and Rev. Wright's brand of racial harmony is spreading everywhere

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Praise Allah!

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Excelsior!

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news?slug=ap-wta-richardwilliamsremarks&prov=ap&type=lgns

Quote:
INDIAN WELLS, Calif. (AP)—WTA head Larry Scott said Thursday that he strongly disagrees with comments made by Richard Williams, father of Serena and Venus, regarding racism on the women’s tour.

Saying he was disappointed by Williams’ recent remarks during an interview in India, Scott said in a statement: “The Tour has a zero tolerance policy when it comes to racism, and I have previously let Mr. Williams know that he should let me know if he ever had evidence of racist comments or acts in women’s professional tennis.”

While his daughters were playing earlier this month in Bangladore, India, where Venus reached the quarterfinals and Serena won the title, Williams told the Deccan Herald, “Well, I’m black and I’m prejudiced, very prejudiced. People are prejudiced in tennis. I don’t think Venus or Serena was ever accepted by tennis. They never will be.”

He said the media treated his daughters unfairly, that it was “the worst media job that they have done on any human being in the world,” and that if he were Serena and Venus, he would have quit playing.

“But if you get some little white no-good trasher in America like Tracy Austin or Chris Evert, who cannot hit the ball, they (the media) will claim this is great,” he said.

Scott said, “Champions like Chris Evert and Tracy Austin have done so much to help build women’s tennis to where it is today, and it is regrettable that anyone would criticize them in this manner.”

The Williams sisters haven’t played at Indian Wells since 2001. They were booed after Venus pulled out of a semifinal match against her sister, citing knee tendinitis. Serena went on to win the title, but was booed during and after the championship match.

It seems like Obama and Rev. Wright's brand of racial harmony is spreading everywhere

With all due respect bsams, but what the hell does this have to do with Barack Obama other than it's about a black person you can wag an accusatory finger at?

Question: Are you even remotely interested in actually having a dialogue on race as Obama has suggested. An HONEST one or are you content with the races all sniping at each other and pointing fingers as has been the case for decades?

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
i've had a dialogue about race with several friends, and coworkers. but a dialogue about race involving a political candidate that attended a racist church? nope.

i detest racism, whether it is a white black or hispanic. because Obama's private beliefs are out in the open now, he cannot come along and say he wants to talk about race and heal the divide. you cannot support racism in private and heal it in public, especially after your cover is blown, if anyone has a chance of stopping it, it's not him.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
also what does the story have to do with Obama? whatch some rev wright video when you have spare time your not watching Olberman.

in reality the Williams sisters were some of the most highly promoted, vuisible, and endorsed athletes in the history of female tennis. ask the average person who serena and venus williams are, then ask who chris everett is? i think you'll find the truth on who has been marketed more,

this williams guy is from the same mold as Obama and his "church"

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Gallup: Obama back ahead of Clinton
  • Following his speech on race and the surprise endorsement of New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson, Barack Obama got a bump in a nationwide Gallup Poll and has squeaked ahead of Hillary Clinton.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Rasmussen has Hillary ahead of Obama in it's presidential tracking poll today.

Fair play!
Page 27 of 94 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 93 94

Link Copied to Clipboard