Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
 Originally Posted By: whomod

Didn't JFK & Ronald Reagan actually do things before they inspired? Obama supporters are very good at digging up the dead of anyone who earned their greatness & slapping it on Obama. I'm not impressed.

I don't know about Reagan but I do know about Jack Kennedy. In the words of Theodore Sorensen, who worked with John F Kennedy for 11 years, first as his senatorial assistant and then in the White House as his special counsel and adviser.
 Originally Posted By: whomod

um.. you were saying?

So who did Kennedy supporters liken Kennedy to before he was elected?

MEM. You dismissed outright Obama's credentials as compared to Kennedy [when he ran for President] and I showed you that they almost mirror each other, comparison-wise.

You almost sound mad that it isn't Hillary that can tout that comparison.

I really don't know anyone in the history of our country that took up one position publicly to score points with her parties constituents and then routinely voted in the exact opposite way though, for comparison's sake.

My point was that I think Kennedy ran as himself while Obama is using other people's greatness to run on. You give him credit that he hasn't earned. [/quote][/quote]

Kennedy's own advisor was giving him credit in that one piece I posted. But I suppose giving unearned credit is a bit different than giving oneself a heroic record that never happened and opposition to NAFTA that never was..