Originally Posted By: whomod
Hillary claims she considered joining the Marines.

Yeah, she's told that story before to us New Yorkers. Didn't believe it then, either.

And, the sad part is, that Hillary could tell a much more plausible story (maybe even a true one) if she'd say something along the lines of the following:

"You know, during the Vietnam War, a lot of us, myself included, didn't treat the military with a lot of respect. We were young kids, we were callous and we thought we knew better than those guys who were--we arrogantly thought-- stupid enough to get drafted and fight in that war. But now I know better. As you get older you start to realize the sacrifice of the troops and just how much they contribute to our nation. That was really driven home to me as First Lady, having to interact with military personnel of all ranks and branches on a regular basis. So, now, I not only respect the troops but I respect them too much to let what happened to them in Vietnam happen again with Iraq. So I would like to see the troops brought home because our current administration has so completely bungled their response to September 11. And you have my promise that, as president, I'll do everything in my power to make sure than no soldier dies in vain."

But, instead, she cooks up wildly improbable stories.

Oh, and MEM: if I see Hillary give the above speech, or anything like it, after this. You and her owe me royalties. ;\)