Originally Posted By: whomod
 Quote:
When Obama was campaigning in the South, he invoked the name of MArtin Luther King daily, MLK would not have stood for such talk in a church.

This moron has obviously never heard Martin Luther King's speeches then. specifically his speeches in regards to the Vietnam war.

Listen to what King said about the Vietnam War at his own Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta on Feb. 4, 1968:

Quote:
"God didn't call America to engage in a senseless, unjust war. . . . And we are criminals in that war. We've committed more war crimes almost than any nation in the world, and I'm going to continue to say it. And we won't stop it because of our pride and our arrogance as a nation. But God has a way of even putting nations in their place." King then predicted this response from the Almighty: "And if you don't stop your reckless course, I'll rise up and break the backbone of your power."

If today's technology had existed then, I would imagine the media playing quotations of that sort over and over. Right-wing commentators would use the material to argue that King was anti-American and to discredit his call for racial and class justice. King certainly angered a lot of people at the time.

hmmm Martin Luther King opposed a war he found unjust. at the time there was severe racial injustice, and king called for change.

wright said "God Damn America" in a church, he blamed israel and our support for 9-11, he preached hatred towards white people...

...i can see where you and Obama think that's the same thing!

idiot.