Originally Posted By: whomod
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
So when I started out by responding to your post about "you can't stop the momentum" (Obama's talking point btw) referring directly to how Obama's momentum isn't really momentum, that was what? Verbal trickery on my part?

Yeah, you started out with that and rebutted it with a comment about how he can't win the big states.

I can't comment on that?

Of course you can but it was just done leaving me feel like what I said was changed. My point was that you can stop the momentum, that it has been stopped. In fact if Obama actually had momentum he wouldn't need to try to push Hillary out of the race.

Originally Posted By: matter eater man
Perhaps you felt the need to insert the Obama spin on how he wins Idaho & even though he can't win CA or NY against Hillary he has the independents! (at least till they pick McCain over him in the general) You could have just done a post saying that instead of pimping my post Whomod.

I posted that it's irrelevant. The Democrats will unite against John McCain. Even Hillary was urging her supporters to do just that yesterday. which I applaud her for doing. Obama did the same thing as well. Frankly I think all this "my candidate or else" is just heated talk and emotion. [/quote]

Obama was only responding to Hillary's push to keep the party united. That is really the best I've seen from him when it comes to party unity.

Quote:
Despite the Clinton's mixed messages with Hillary calling for party unity and Bill praising McCain at the same time. Someone is really going to have to sit down with Bill because it seemed that he's more interested in power at all costs than Hillary, based on these events yesterday. and it's hurting Hillary's slim chances among Democrats even more than they already are.

The independent and new voters that Obama has inspired to join in on the process however are not something that are going to carry over with pleas of party unity. These new folks aern't party people or even political people. That phenomena is directly on account of the candidate.

Obama has over the course of the campaign praised republican presidents while panning Clinton's. He just did it again recently concerning the economy. I also hold Obama responsable for his "I'm troubled" comment. When Clinton's fairy tale comment was being taken out of context to imply Clinton was saying Obama couldn't be President was disgusting. Because it benefitted Obama he & his supporters ran with it. You can't get much more divisive than that. So who's doing the win at all cost thing?

I also think the Wright stuff combined with the fact that McCain is moderate is going to shift much of those independent voters to support to McCain. It will be interesting to see if there's any difference in the polls showing Obama recovering from Wright & what actually happens in the voting booth with the remaining races left in the nomination process. If he starts underperforming in the remaining states I think it's fair to say he's fucked when it comes to the general election.

Fair play!