FactCheck.org:
  • In a new ad, Obama says, "I don’t take money from oil companies."

Technically, that's true, since a law that has been on the books for more than a century prohibits corporations from giving money directly to any federal candidate. But that doesn’t distinguish Obama from his rivals in the race.

We find the statement misleading:
    • Obama has accepted more than $213,000 from individuals who work for companies in the oil and gas industry and their spouses.
    • Two of Obama's bundlers are top executives at oil companies and are listed on his Web site as raising between $50,000 and $100,000 for the presidential hopeful.

In other words, Obama says he does not receive money from Oil companies, but neither do McCain or Clinton, because it's not permitted under campaign law anyway. So his ad claim is silly and pointless.

He does receive money from oil company executives and employees, totaling $213,000 so far, but he won't tell you that.

Whoopsie.

BTW: I'm sure that whomod will, in a moment, dig up a donation that McCain or Hillary got from someone in the oil industry and, you know what, I don't care. Neither of them is putting out ads claiming otherwise.