Originally Posted By: the G-man
I'm not sure how Hillary offering the VP slot to Obama is "reaching out" in this case, given that she was in second place when she made the "offer." Typically, the person in second place is in no position to offer a subordinate role to the person in first place.

More likely, as many commentators noted, Hillary's "offer" was simply an attempt to obscure Obama's frontrunner status.

I repeatedly asked Wonder Boy how it makes any sort of sense for the person trailing in second place to offer the Vice Presidency to the front runner. It's nonsensical. Or as Obama says...

Obama reminds Hillary who the "Real Front-Runner" Is

Quote:
Oh, and guys: the term "tap" has long been used in politics to mean "nominate" or "choose" for an office. I don't know why the press should stop using it, simply because it currently has another meaning which may, given the shelf life of slang, vanish in a few years.

Yes yes, but it still makes me chuckle every time the press uses it. It's not as if I don't know what they mean, i'm just having a bit of fun with it.

Remember, I work in a part of the country where these slang words usually originate from. So i tend to hear them a lot more than say, Wonder Boy does.