McLaughlin Group, Friday, April 3 broadcast:
http://www.mclaughlin.com/library/transcript.htm?id=649

Quote:
Issue Two -- Democratic Convention, 1924.

Madison Square Garden, New York City, 84 years ago. The Democratic Party assembles at its 1924 convention, and the scene is history-making mayhem -- back-room deals, clench-fisted party bosses, smoke-filled rooms, and deadlocked votes -- a brokered convention. Believe it or not, it extended over 16 calendar days with nine long convention days and -- get this -- 103 ballots before the nominee was finally chosen, John W. Davis. In the general election, Davis lost, 54 percent to 28 percent, to Republican Calvin Coolidge.

1924 is a forecast of what may be in store for the Democrats in five short months at their August convention this year, starting August 25 in Denver, Colorado. Will that problem go away because Hillary will quit? Forget about it.

If Hillary wins the Pennsylvania primary two weeks from next Tuesday, as she well could, then goes on two weeks after that and wins both North Carolina and Indiana primaries, as she could, then Hillary will have the big "mo." And, like a legion of avenging angels, that big "mo" will alight from Barack to Hillary, and Barack won't quit. So it will then have to be settled on the convention floor, 1924 redivivus.

and

Quote:

MCLAUGHLIN: In January, Edwards withdrew. Hillary stayed on the right. And the liberal wing of the Democratic Party usurped control and anointed Obama, with his 95.5 liberal rating, making him the most liberal of the 100 U.S. senators in 2007, as ranked by the National Journal.

With only two candidates now in the nomination race, Democratic liberals sprang into action, calling for Hillary to quit. They don't want 1924 all over again with the 2008 presidential election lost to the Republicans. Hillary dies for the party.

SEN. PATRICK LEAHY (D-VT): ([soundbyted] from videotape.) There is no way that Senator Clinton is going to win enough delegates to get the nomination. She ought to withdraw and she ought to be backing Senator Obama.

SEN. JOHN KERRY (D-MA): ([soundbyted] from videotape.) The important thing is to be fighting against John McCain and not to be destructive in this campaign, either campaign.

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: President Clinton repudiates these Hillary assassins.

FORMER PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON: (From videotape.) And all these people who tell you, "Oh, we need to shut this thing down now; the Democrats are so divided" -- that's a bunch of bull. We are strengthening the Democratic Party. Chill out. We're going to win this election if we just chill out and let everybody have their say.

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: Question -- Is Bill right? And why are the party bosses trying to bully Hillary out of the race? I ask you, Chrystia.

MS. FREELAND: Well, I think it's pretty clear that the safe course for the Democratic Party right now would be if everyone could come together, if Hillary Clinton could very graciously and happily say --

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: This is not a static situation. We don't know what's going to happen over the next three months to Obama or Hillary.

MR. ZUCKERMAN: Absolutely.

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: We don't know what's going to be revealed.

MS. FREELAND: John, if you want to know why someone like Bob Casey, why someone like John Kerry, is saying this, this is why. It's an anxious moment for them. And if the Democrats were to lose --

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: We've got 10 seconds left -- 10 seconds. I want to start with you -- 10 seconds. What do you want to say?

MR. ZUCKERMAN: I absolutely do not think Hillary should withdraw.

MS. CLIFT: No. Right.

MR. ZUCKERMAN: They ignore the first --

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: Right.

MS. CLIFT: Forget race and gender. These are two talented politicians. They deserve --

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: Who should withdraw?

MS. CLIFT: Neither.

MR. ZUCKERMAN: Neither.

MR. MCLAUGHLIN: Neither.

MR. ZUCKERMAN: Neither.

...MR. MCLAUGHLIN: Hillary should stay through Denver [through the DNC Convention].

So.. here's a panel of 4 political experts, along with host John McLaughlin, who think it's too close a race for Hillary to quit and concede to Obama, that either Hillary or Obama's candidacy could implode over the next 3 months up till DNC convention-time.
And that it would just not make sense for her to concede when it's so close and she still has cards to play.

I find the calls by Democrats for her to quit before the primaries play out is... well... undemocratic!

I find it amusing that they want to bypass primary voters and the democratic process, just so their guy can win.
NEWSFLASH: This is the United States, not the Soviet Union. Much as they'd like to push us in that direction.