Originally Posted By: the G-man
I've been impressed by Barack Obama's style (if not substance) in this campaign. His domestic agenda is far too liberal for me and the company he keeps is troubling, but I've not felt put off by most of his rhetoric.

But then he makes these comments about small town voters in Pennsylvania. They're a reminder that he buys into the Marxist divisive strain of thought shared by people like Rev. Wright.

Prior to this, Obama seemed to understand plausible arguments offered by people who disagree with him. Whereas Hillary Clinton says she's a fighter -- she'll go to Washington and fight off those nasty Republicans--Obama casts himself as someone who understands that Republicans aren't nasty people.

That's why these remarks may be particularly damaging to Obama -- they call into question whether he really grasps the mindset of those whose beliefs differ from his own.

On Hillary fighting nasty Republicans, it's really a case of there being issues that there isn't common ground on that she'll fight for. It's not a case of her thinking Republicans are nasty & the fighting is just for the hell of it.

Fair play!