Originally Posted By: whomod
Second, again, you think he has to pay for Rev. Wright. Pay more I suppose. Now since he can't "fire' Rev. Wright since Wright doesn't work for him and he already disavowed his remarks, what else do you demand from him? That obama cause him to lose his preaching job? he's no longer a preacher at Obama's church!

Obama has put up that his lack of experience is made up for by his superior judgment. I can easily question the judgment of a man who stayed in a church that had a preacher promote racism and hatred for the 'white conspiracy', who took in that same preacher as his 'spiritual advisor', who associated himself so closely to that man, and who let this guy fill not only his and his wife's heads with that hatred but also his young daughters (who Obama likes to parade around in his excuses).

Now Imus was being paid to say that kind of stuff on the air. Wright I don't think is getting paid by Obama. You're trying to equalize two very different set of circumstances.

Obama wasn't paying Don Imus, yet he called for Imus to be fired. Obama did pay Rev. Wright to say what he said as a partitioner and contributor to the church. You forget that pastors (especially those of larger churches) are paid to give their sermons. So, which is worse? Don Imus muttering one phrase of 'nappy-headed hos' on a radio broadcast, or Rev. Wright using entire sermons to demonize entire races?

but honestly, it just sounds as if it boils down to you feeling white people are put upon unfairly and you're upset that Obama is doing so well despite some slip up's. Can you blame Obama for that though? he's not putting himself in such a great position? That is being done by the electorate. So pretty much the public has spoken on this issue and it's closed for the most part. people who share that sort of racial animus aern't going to vote for the guy anyway,regardless of Wright I think.

You're right. Questioning Obama is wrong because he's black. I should never have been foolish enough to question the ever-changing positions of a black man. He's black, so he should be without approach. Due to his blackness and all. As a matter of fact, I'm probably just being racist for not capitalizing black. It should be Black. Using a lowercase 'b' is just demeaning to Black people. I should have realized from the start that this wasn't about political and moral ideals but about Black vs. white. My God! I feel even more racist now that there isn't anything smaller than a lowercase 'w' for me to use. I mean the only way to subside the white guilt that must be mandatory for me to feel is to find some other way to further demean my whiteness against Obama's Blackness. Now that I look at it, there has to be something bigger than an uppercase 'B' to help further promote Obama's Blackness. I feel so horrible now.

PS
Fuck you, you tool.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."