Originally Posted By: whomod

During the past week, Sen. Hillary Clinton has presented herself as a working class populist, the politician in touch with small town sentiments, compared to the elitism of her opponent, Sen. Barack Obama.

But a telling anecdote from her husband's administration shows Hillary Clinton's attitudes about the "lunch-bucket Democrats" are not exactly pristine.

In January 1995, as the Clintons were licking their wounds from the 1994 congressional elections, a debate emerged at a retreat at Camp David. Should the administration make overtures to working class white southerners who had all but forsaken the Democratic Party? The then-first lady took a less than inclusive approach.

"Screw 'em," she told her husband. "You don't owe them a thing, Bill. They're doing nothing for you; you don't have to do anything for them."

The statement -- which author Benjamin Barber witnessed and wrote about in his book, "The Truth of Power: Intellectual Affairs in the Clinton White House" -- was prompted by another speaker raising the difficulties of reaching "Reagan Democrats." It stands in stark contrast to the attitude the New York Democrat has recently taken on the campaign trail, in which she has presented herself as the one candidate who understands the working-class needs.

This really surprises you?

You probably don't remember this, but as early as the 1993 inaugeration of Bill, Hillary was demonstrating contempt for the "little people":

• On January 21, 1993, Bill's first full day in office, she and Bill shook some 1,800 hands in three hours.

"We just screwed all these people," she whispered to her husband - a comment heard on network television.

And then there's these comments:

• Fuck off! It’s enough that I have to see you shit-kickers every day. I’m not going to talk to you, too. Just do your goddamn job and keep your mouth shut.
    Said to her Arkansas state trooper bodyguards, after one of them deigned to greet her with “good morning.” (American Evita, p. 90)

Personal, trained pigs.
    Gary Aldrich reported, “(Hillary) had a clear dislike for the agents (U.S. Secret Service), bordering on hatred.…

If you want to remain on this detail, get your fucking ass over here and grab those bags.
    Hillary to a Secret Service agent who wanted to keep his hands free in case of an incident (as he was trained and supposed to do) and who, therefore, was hesitant to carry her bags.

Stay the fuck back, stay the fuck away from me! Don’t come within ten yards of me, or else! … Just fucking do as I say, okay!
    To the Secret Service agents (Unlimited Access, p. 139). In A Matter of Character (p. 2), Ron Kessler wrote “Secret Service agents assigned at various points to guard Hillary during her campaign for the Senate were dismayed at how two-faced and unbalanced she was.”

Bimbos, sluts, trailer trash, rednecks, and shit-kickers …
    Terms Hillary commonly used to describe Arkansans (American Evita, p. 139)

Goddamn L.D., did you see that family right out of "Deliverance"? Get me the hell out of here.
    To L.D. Brown, her bodyguard, while at a county fair in Arkansas during the early 80's. They had just spoken to folks in bib overalls and cotton dresses.

This is the kind of shit I have to put up with.
    To a friend after a Clinton supporter had given her earrings shaped like Arkansas Razorbacks (Blood Sport, p. 105)

I want to get this shit over with and get these damn people out of here.
    Hillary overheard on the governor’s mansion intercom as some preschoolers posed on the mansion lawn for a photograph (The First Partner, p. 192)

Just keep smiling until these assholes get their pictures.
    To Bill while they were posing for photographers (American Evita, p. 114)

Who in the hell asked you?
    To a staffer who expressed a view that she disagreed with (American Evita, p. 125)

She’s a short, Irish bitch.
    Regarding New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd (Newsmax.com quoting The New York Post, 07/25/00)

You fucking Jew bastard.
    On campaign manager Paul Fray the night of Bill Clinton’s defeat for the House of Representatives in 1974 (The State of A Union, p. 153)

You all remember Mahatma Ghandi. He ran a gas station down in St. Louis.
    During a speech at a Democrat fundraiser (CNN, 01/04/04). Senator Clinton was later forced to apologize.

My name is Hillary Clinton. You going to vote in the primary?
    Hillary to a homeless man in New York City on election day (Newsmax.com, 12/07/99)

Well, good for you.
    Hillary’s response to another homeless man when he tells her, “I’m homeless,” while she was campaigning in New York City. After inquiring of his voting status, Hillary promptly left (Hannity & Colmes, 08/16/02)

Jew bastard … Jew motherfucker.
    Common insults that both Hillary and Bill Clinton used with each other and towards others who angered them, according to former bodyguard Larry Patterson (The State of A Union, p. 155)

(You) motherfucking Jew.
    Hillary to Bill (Bitter Legacy, p. 11)