Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man
attending a "black" church where the guy gives speeches against the problems in the country is not the same as attending a klan rally, unless there is some quote where rev. wright encouraged lynching and harrassment of whites. expressing rage over feeling like you're a second class citizen is not racism.
i'm also sure there is more to rev. wright than that anger. and there is nothing i have seen from him that sounds even a tenth as bad as pat robertson or jerry fallwell.

So saying that it's the white government that put drugs in the black communities to keep them down isn't encouraging racial division? Entire sermons were devoted to increasing the social black/white divide. It's bullshit to say otherwise.

Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man

what exactly is wrong with this quote? can you honestly say that small communities don't develop antipathy towards outsiders? do you honestly think that there is no aspect of xenophobia in the recent anti-immigrant sentiment? the same type of anti-outsidersentiment that pops up during every hard time in the history of humanity? what exactly is the problem with what obama said? to me it sounds honest, more honest than anything i have heard from a politician in a long time. it's not a soundbyte trying to blow smoke up someone's ass, and it's not like the candid moments from bush where he sounds like a hick. obama expressed a very real and valid opinion, and it sounds more like frustration that this type of bitterness exists. quite frankly it sounds like he actually cares.

That's bullshit. It was just Obama trying to give some excuse why the little people that the Democrats say they're out to help won't vote for them without taking into consideration that the Democrat platform may not mesh with those people's lifestyles or beliefs. It's Obama and the Democrats who are bitter. People who 'hold on to their guns and religion' do so in the good times and bad. It's also a way to demonize those people as bigots when it concerns the immigration debate rather than looking at any other concerns that those people may have. In other words, Obama was marginalizing middle America because they won't vote for him.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."