Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor

So saying that it's the white government that put drugs in the black communities to keep them down isn't encouraging racial division? Entire sermons were devoted to increasing the social black/white divide. It's bullshit to say otherwise.

increasing the social divide? no. i don't think he had that kind of power. i think he did what any other preacher working on a sermon would do. he looked around the world, saw something that upset him, and wrote a speech about it which he delivered to his gathering at church. it's just yet another social commentary. do i care that he said god damn america when talking about racial issues? no. because blacks have been seriously fucked over in this country and i get the anger. unlike pat robertson or jerry fallwell he didn't (to my knowledge) advocate murder or blame a terrorist attack on abortions.

I don't know. Maybe it's because I'm still a little drunk, or maybe it's because you're full of shit; but I find that to be a total cop out.

How can Rev. Wright saying that the white government is responsible for drugs and AIDS in the black community anything but dividing his mostly black congregation from the white community? All he did was point his finger and call names. You're full of shit if you just let that pass.

Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man
so? he gave an excuse for something that disapointed him based on his own views of the situation. and he gave those views in private. what the fuck is the problem? he's human, he feels a certain way and expressed that to someone. just because he was tape recorded does not a scandal make. in fact, unlike hardline rightwingers, he at least put human feeling to the people that opposed him. he seemed to care and be frustrated that people weren't "getting it." but ultimately everyone who runs for office thinks they're onto something. are you really going to condemn obama for that?

Would you condemn David Duke for saying that the Jews were corrupting the voting process because they weren't supporting the 'white rule' of America? Obama said utter bullshit to support the fact that he couldn't get a certain group's votes. Should I condemn him for that? Fuck yes. He was condemning the group that I'm a part of. Why should I vote for a guy who talks bad about the people I can most associate myself with? He doesn't understand me or my needs. Why should I give him my loyalty? He's not going to do jack shit for me. In the end, isn't that why we vote for politicians?

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."