Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man
Donna's family is so far kind of boring. The grandpa might be nice in that crazy old coot sort of way but the mom is just annoying. She's no Jackie. I also never really liked Martha's family. They just don't seem capable of replacing Mickey and Jackie.

I wish they would stop trying. Who got on for 30 years without having a family backdrop for the companions. I enjoyed the difference with Rose. Now it's become this needless RTD plot device.

Quote:
I did enjoy the Doctor interacting with UNIT. It was a nice change to have this whole army instantly fall in line with the Doctor instead of the usual questioning and doubt. I liked the references to the past but wish there had been some reference to the fate of the Doctor's friend (i don't know his name but he was apparently one of the Doctor's best friends back during the UNIT days).

The Brigadier, Ray. His name is Brigadier Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart.

Quote:
The banter with the kid and the Sontaran were also well done and funny. For some reason I enjoy the Doctor's humor most when it's the least appropriate, like when he's in mortal danger.

I enjoyed the misunderstood 'good-bye' scene when Donna is going to see her family...