Nice "current" cartoon there Jermery!

The current sales figures for all 3 systems make interesting reading.
Its fully accepted that the 360 was never gonna sell that well in Japan against the two Jap consoles, but the US figures seem to also follow the same criteria, with the US machine being more popular than the Jap pair.

Worldwide sales figures

1. Wii: 24.45 million, as of March 31, 2008
2. Xbox 360: 19 million, as of April 25, 2008
3. PlayStation 3: 13 million, as of April 21, 2008

US sales figures

1. Xbox 360: 9.15 million, as of January 1, 2008
2. Wii: 7.38 million, as of January 1, 2008
3. PlayStation 3: 3.25 million, as of January 1, 2008

Granted there are a few months in between these sales figures, but it would suggest that outside the USA, the PS3 has sold 10 million, the 360 has sold 10 million and the Wii has sold 17 million.

Despite how much everyone says they hate Bill Gates, and how all his products are bugged, there still seems to be some sort of patriotic pride associated with console buying.
It also suggests that the apathy towards the PS3 is definetley more pronounced in the USA, which would explaing why half of whats said here about poor sales etc, makes no sense to anyone outside the USA.

I'd hazard a guess that the new Wii360 controller is mainly aimed at the US market, as I really dont see it cutting into the Wii's market domination in the rest of the world!

It will be interesting to see how US sales go on all three systems over this year, as I think its widely regarded that this year is gonna be the big make or break year for the PS3 and 360.