Originally Posted By: Nowhereman
As far as I know, PS3 launched the same day all across the bulk of Europe, but it was some 6 months or so behind the US and Japan.

this says march 23rd for europe, at 599 euros, £425 in the UK -- which is a good deal versus $600 in the states, right?

it just surprises me that its [nintendo wii] not been more popular in the USA as it seems to be elsewhere.

i know there's been major hardware shortage in the states versus the two markets. even now, i think i just read the US only gets 40-50% of the produced systems, instead of bumping it up to 70% or more to better tie into demand. its way more in short supply here than over seas.

I think the thing that has hurt the 360 most outside the USA is its reliability. In a world where news becomes available so quickly via the internet, a product with a less than sterling reputation is gonna be hit hard very quickly.

the same could be said of the ps3, too. though the ps3 seems to be moving past its first year "growing pains" now, where as the 360 is still in the middle of them.

giant picture