Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 43 of 94 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 93 94
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Quote:
Three Ex-SEC Chiefs Endorse Obama

Three former chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission endorsed Sen. Barack Obama (D., Ill.) for president Wednesday. David Ruder and William Donaldson, appointed by Ronald Reagan and George Bush, respectively, joined with Arthur Levitt, who was appointed by Bill Clinton, issued a joint statement:

"We believe Senator Obama can provide the positive leadership and judgment needed to take us to a stronger and more secure economic future."

Obama, who also received an endorsement from former Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker, has had no trouble getting Wall Street backing. The largest firms funding his campaign include Goldman Sachs(GS - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr), JPMorgan(JPM - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr), Citigroup(C - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr), Merrill Lynch (MER - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr) and Lehman(LEH - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr).

Endorsements have been rolling in for Obama in recent weeks. Despite his drubbing Tuesday in West Virginia, Obama received two-and-a-half more supderdelegates Wednesday morning and has outpaced Sen. Hillary Clinton (D., N.Y.) since Super Tuesday.

A vote of no confidence in Republian economic "leadership" from the SEC.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
I thought those evil evil corporate scumbags weren't to be trusted.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
I'm sure you did.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sammitch
it's an honest mistake [to think Obama is a Muslim] when you factor in that little cosplay incident of his from a while back.

And the fact his family IS Muslim.

And the fact his middle name is Hussein.

And the fact he 'changed' his name from Barry back to Barack.

whomod #944466 2008-05-15 3:53 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Obama to Reporter: Sorry I Called You "Sweetie"
May 15, 2008 11:16 AM
FROM GUEST-BLOGGER RICK KLEIN, OF ABC'S THE NOTE
Really? He calls people "sweetie"? And this is a "habit"?
A little flare-up out of Sen. Barack Obama's Michigan visit: A (female) reporter for ABC's Detroit affiliate, WXYZ-TV, shouted a question in Obama's direction yesterday, inquiring about Obama's plans to help American autoworkers. Obama didn't feel like answering at the time -- not unusual, since Obama likes to answer questions at structured "avails," or media availabilities, if fielding questions at all, while on the trail.
Obama's response: "Hold on one second, sweetie, we're going to do -- we'll do a press avail."
First, the easy stuff: Obama never did do that "avail," and never did answer reporter Peggy Agar's question, which (if it matters) was substantive and relevant to Obama's visit that day.
Then, the harder stuff: Obama actually called a reporter "sweetie."
I don't know about you, but I don't believe I've ever used that term. My mother calls me "sweetie" from time to time. She's my mom. It's not a slur, but in a professional setting? I'm fairly certain that Obama would flunk basic corporate training if he used a term like that to refer to a female colleague.
Obama (or one of his aides) realized the mistake, and the candidate himself called Agar and left a voicemail that started by apologizing for not answering her question.
"I broke my word, I apologize for that, and I will make up for it," Obama said.
Then the meat: "Second apology is for using the word 'sweetie.' That's a bad habit of mine. I do it sometimes with all kinds of people. I mean no disrespect and so I am duly chastened on that front. Feel free to call me back. I expect that my press team will be happy to try to make it up to you whenever we are in Detroit next."
This would seem like the kind of "bad habit" Obama may want to break at some point, like smoking.
The New York Times' Jim Rutenberg points out that Obama has used the word "sweetie" at least once before on the trail, referring to a female factory worker in Allentown, Pa., last month.
While we're breaking the bad habits, how about media access? Sen. John McCain just gave a speech where he promised to give weekly press conferences as president -- and he gives just-about daily (and sometimes far more than that) casual and formal access to the press as a candidate. Anyone think the different styles WON'T catch up with Obama at some point in the general election? Even after this, the most he can say is that he expects his press team to "try to make it up to you" next time he's in town?
Listen to the voicemail, and see the exchange with the reporter, HERE (click on the video player to the right).
Don't miss Agar's response, toward the end of her TV spot: "This 'sweetie' never did get an answer to that question."
-- Rick Klein
ABC

He's just so presidential isn't he!

Fair play!
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
I thought those evil evil corporate scumbags weren't to be trusted.

Originally Posted By: whomod
I'm sure you did.

it's just amusing how BIG BUSINESS™ and corporate America are dragging our nation down or trampling on the poor or whatever the hell you ramble about that given week until spokespersons from the sec decide to fellate endorse your personal savior.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
um.. because I frown upon Exxon getting away with a well documented misinformation campaign on global warming (which right wingers happily eat up BTW), you seem to think that translates to me saying corporations are "evil"?

To think that would be to conclude that I agree with treating corporations with the same rights or even more rights than people, which they clearly are not. I do think however that business has some measure of responsibility to the people and to the country they operate in and not just simply to their shareholders and CEO's.

And they certainly have a responsibility to the planet that we all share.

but the Obama endorsement only underscores an economic fact that has been true for a long time despite the myth of Republicans being better stewards of the economy. It's nice that Wall street agrees.

Matter-eater Man #944489 2008-05-15 5:38 PM
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
 Quote:
Obama to Reporter: Sorry I Called You "Sweetie"
May 15, 2008 11:16 AM
FROM GUEST-BLOGGER RICK KLEIN, OF ABC'S THE NOTE
Really? He calls people "sweetie"? And this is a "habit"?
A little flare-up out of Sen. Barack Obama's Michigan visit: A (female) reporter for ABC's Detroit affiliate, WXYZ-TV, shouted a question in Obama's direction yesterday, inquiring about Obama's plans to help American autoworkers. Obama didn't feel like answering at the time -- not unusual, since Obama likes to answer questions at structured "avails," or media availabilities, if fielding questions at all, while on the trail.
Obama's response: "Hold on one second, sweetie, we're going to do -- we'll do a press avail."
First, the easy stuff: Obama never did do that "avail," and never did answer reporter Peggy Agar's question, which (if it matters) was substantive and relevant to Obama's visit that day.
Then, the harder stuff: Obama actually called a reporter "sweetie."
I don't know about you, but I don't believe I've ever used that term. My mother calls me "sweetie" from time to time. She's my mom. It's not a slur, but in a professional setting? I'm fairly certain that Obama would flunk basic corporate training if he used a term like that to refer to a female colleague.
Obama (or one of his aides) realized the mistake, and the candidate himself called Agar and left a voicemail that started by apologizing for not answering her question.
"I broke my word, I apologize for that, and I will make up for it," Obama said.
Then the meat: "Second apology is for using the word 'sweetie.' That's a bad habit of mine. I do it sometimes with all kinds of people. I mean no disrespect and so I am duly chastened on that front. Feel free to call me back. I expect that my press team will be happy to try to make it up to you whenever we are in Detroit next."
This would seem like the kind of "bad habit" Obama may want to break at some point, like smoking.
The New York Times' Jim Rutenberg points out that Obama has used the word "sweetie" at least once before on the trail, referring to a female factory worker in Allentown, Pa., last month.
While we're breaking the bad habits, how about media access? Sen. John McCain just gave a speech where he promised to give weekly press conferences as president -- and he gives just-about daily (and sometimes far more than that) casual and formal access to the press as a candidate. Anyone think the different styles WON'T catch up with Obama at some point in the general election? Even after this, the most he can say is that he expects his press team to "try to make it up to you" next time he's in town?
Listen to the voicemail, and see the exchange with the reporter, HERE (click on the video player to the right).
Don't miss Agar's response, toward the end of her TV spot: "This 'sweetie' never did get an answer to that question."
-- Rick Klein
ABC

He's just so presidential isn't he!

Are you criticizing his refusal to answer a question, or him calling someone 'sweetie'? Cuz I'll agree with you if it's the former, but not if it's the latter.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
thedoctor #944501 2008-05-15 6:27 PM
Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
This is an attempt to get the rise out of the feminists. I think it's bullshit but in this day and age, you can't be a presidential candidate and refer to a woman that's not your wife or daughter as sweetie.

And apparently, you can't say tar baby if you are a Republican. I was just watching an interview on MSNBC between Norah O'Donnell and Rep. Tom Davis, the Republican congressman that likened the party brand to bad dogfood. In a memo he wrote he referenced that Obama could have a bit of a "tar baby" on his hands with regards with regards to his problem with hispanic voters.

O'Donnell took him to task for his bad choice of phrase. I called bullshit immediately. I knew what the guy was trying to say...that Obama had a sticky situtaion on his hands. I wasn't offended so why was tis white woman getting all idignant when it wasn't necessary? She also jumped on him for spelling Obama's name wrong..."barrack" vs "barack"...as if the guy had actually typed it himself and gleefully got a chubbie for adding an extra R to his name.

It's bullshit like that that adds to the racial divide. Don't fucking defend me when I don't need defending.

Last edited by THE Bastard; 2008-05-15 6:37 PM. Reason: for spelling and clarity

Oderint, dum metuant.

You are a god damned idiot, you know that? You ought to be smacked upside your dumb-fuck head, even after all these years. Shame on you!
-USCHI showin' some love

THE Bastard #944504 2008-05-15 6:35 PM
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
I agree. We need to stop being PC pussies and actually learn what certain words and phrases actually mean instead of trying to brand them as hate speech.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
thedoctor #944546 2008-05-15 10:53 PM
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
i wonder if Obama has ever heard any Carly Simon songs:

Quote:
Barack Obama accused President Bush of "a false political attack" Thursday after Bush warned in Israel against appeasing terrorists — early salvos in a general election campaign that's already blazing even as the Democratic front-runner tries to sew up his party's nomination.

The White House denied Bush had targeted Obama, who said the Republican commander in chief's intent was obvious.

In short order, the controversy spilled across the presidential campaign.

John McCain, the Republican nominee in waiting, said Obama was showing "naivete and inexperience and lack of judgment" in his willingness to meet with U.S. foes.

Hillary Rodham Clinton then called Bush's original comments "offensive and outrageous, especially in light of his failures in foreign policy."

As the workday began stateside, Bush gave a speech to Israel's Knesset in which he spoke of the president of Iran, who has called for the destruction of the U.S. ally. Then, the president said: "Some seem to believe that we should negotiate with the terrorists and radicals, as if some ingenious argument will persuade them they have been wrong all along."

"We have heard this foolish delusion before. As Nazi tanks crossed into Poland in 1939, an American senator declared: 'Lord, if I could only have talked to Hitler, all this might have been avoided.' We have an obligation to call this what it is — the false comfort of appeasement, which has been repeatedly discredited by history," Bush added.

With the president abroad and those seeking to succeed him campaigning at home, the transcontinental tiff signaled the early direction of the general election. Bush seemed to assume the traditional lame-duck presidential role in trying to help the Republican nominee-in-waiting, and Obama tried to maneuver for advantage — and to show strength — while on the cusp of clinching the Democratic nomination.

McCain played his political role as well in tandem with Obama, notable for two White House hopefuls who are campaigning for a bipartisan governing approach free of the often divisive discourse in Washington.

By tradition, partisan politics comes to a halt when a U.S. president is on foreign soil, and Bush's remarks led Obama to quickly cry foul. The first-term Illinois senator responded to the comments as if they were criticism of his position that as president he would be willing to personally meet with Iran's leaders and those of other regimes the United States has deemed rogue.

"It is sad that President Bush would use a speech to the Knesset on the 60th anniversary of Israel's independence to launch a false political attack," Obama said in a statement his aides distributed. "George Bush knows that I have never supported engagement with terrorists, and the president's extraordinary politicization of foreign policy and the politics of fear do nothing to secure the American people or our stalwart ally Israel.

In turn, White House press secretary Dana Perino denied that the Knesset remark was aimed at Obama. In fact, the language is fairly typical for Bush speeches, and Gordon Johndroe, a national security spokesman for the president, said Bush was referring to "a wide range of people who have talked to or suggested we talk to Hamas, Hezbollah or their state sponsors" over a long period of time.

One such person most recently was former President Carter, who held talks with Hamas leaders, leading to criticism from Bush officials as well as Obama and McCain.

Even as the White House said Bush meant no dig at the Democrat, Perino couldn't resist the opportunity to get in a small one.

"I understand when you're running for office you sometimes think the world revolves around you. That is not always true. And it is not true in this case," she said.

Meanwhile, in Columbus, Ohio, McCain said he took the White House at its word, but then he weighed into the spat himself, saying: "This does bring up an issue that we will be discussing with the American people, and that is, why does Barack Obama, Senator Obama, want to sit down with a state sponsor of terrorism?"

Asked if Obama was an appeaser, McCain said Obama must explain why he wants to talk with leaders like Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and added that Obama's position was a serious error. "It shows naivete and inexperience and lack of judgment to say that he wants to sit down across the table from an individual who leads a country that says Israel is a stinking corpse, that is dedicated to the extinction of the state of Israel. My question is, what does he want to talk about?"

Clinton, campaigning in South Dakota in advance of a June 3 Democratic primary, said Bush's statement had "no place in any presidential address. ...

"I have differences with Senator Obama on certain foreign policy matters, but I think we are united in our opposition to the Bush policies and to the continuation of those policies by Senator McCain." Clinton has criticized Obama in the past for his pledge to meet with prominent adversaries of the United States without precondition.

Although his political interest is keen, Bush has mostly tried to refrain from injecting himself into the presidential race.

He largely remained silent during the Republican primaries but appeared with McCain at the White House after the Arizona senator clinched the nomination and, since then, has talked up McCain frequently. As for the Democratic race, the president typically avoids naming names, but he has publicly disagreed with the positions of the Democratic front-runners, including Obama's expressed willingness to meet leaders of U.S. adversaries.

The debate over whether a president should directly negotiate with such leaders has been one of the most prominent issue differences in the race for the Democratic nomination. Obama has said he would be willing to meet with heads of state in places like Iran, Cuba and North Korea. Democratic rival Hillary Rodham Clinton has argued that those meetings could be used for propaganda and her first response would be outreach through diplomatic channels.

By criticizing Bush, Obama sent a signal that he's ready to take on the sitting president and the incumbent party — and tried to counter the notion that Clinton would be the stronger Democratic general election candidate. Democrats also are working to link the unpopular Bush to McCain at every turn as the public craves change, and even if it wasn't directed at Obama, Bush's remark gave Democrats an opening to claim more of the same.

"It is time to turn the page on eight years of policies that have strengthened Iran and failed to secure America or our ally Israel," Obama said in his statement. "Instead of tough talk and no action, we need to do what (Presidents) Kennedy, Nixon and Reagan did and use all elements of American power — including tough, principled, and direct diplomacy — to pressure countries like Iran and Syria."

For their part, McCain and Republicans increasingly see Obama as their November rival and have been taking every opportunity to raise questions about his readiness to be a wartime commander in chief. The GOP also hopes to make national security — historically a Republican strength — a focus of the campaign when the political terrain favors Democrats.

Indicating what's to come, McCain said: "Peace through strength is the way we achieve peace in the world. That's the point. I will debate this issue with Senator Obama throughout this campaign."

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
This exchange underscores just how retarded Bush and his republican sycophants are on this issue. Diplomacy and appeasement are two completely different, completely unrelated things. And if wanting to talk to Iran is "appeasement", then Gates and Rice are appeasers too. As is Bush with the North Koreans and the Libyan's.

Priceless. 4 years ago, this moron would have been applauded as being "tough". Now it just looks like the ignorant, uninformed belligerence it's always been. And yeah, Mathews is a stick finger in air and gauge the wind kind of guy which is why both the right and left hate him. But it is a barometer of just where exactly this country is at right now and underscores what nonsense we've all had our fill of..

thedoctor #944551 2008-05-16 12:12 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor

Are you criticizing his refusal to answer a question, or him calling someone 'sweetie'? Cuz I'll agree with you if it's the former, but not if it's the latter.

I think the refusal to answer the question was worse but calling the reporter sweetie wasn't appropiate either. I think he should use it in his speaches personally.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
I tend to agree with MEM and doc both a bit.

Its' not that big of a deal. However, given this is an educated, middled age, man who constantly talks about 'respect' I think he should have chosen his words a little more carefully... and really should think about this incident the next time he gets all whiney and high and mighty over the other candidates' 'divisive' statements.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Obama did call the reporter back to apologize but had to leave a message on her machine.

I don't think it was that big a deal. If the reporter was offended, then she deserved the apology. She wasn't but Obama apologized anyway.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Editorial from New York Daily News:
  • Barack Hussein Obama wants it both ways.

Any American who uses his full name is trying to scare voters, his wife charges. But Obama says he understands why Islamic terror group Hamas looks at his middle name and trusts him.

Ditto for his plan to meet with Iran's madman president and other rogue leaders. Obama sees his open-door policy as evidence he will end President Bush's "cowboy diplomacy." When Bush slammed that plan Thursday as "appeasement," Obama accused him of a "false political attack."

It's a legitimate attack, because Obama's kumbaya foreign policy is dangerous. And his name, including the Hussein part, is fair game because Obama has declared it an international advantage.

He can want it both ways, but he can't have it.

The trouble started when Hamas adviser Ahmed Yousef said, "We like Mr. Obama" and added, "we hope he wins the election."

That's an endorsement, plain and simple. When John McCain jumped in, promising to be Hamas' "worst enemy," Obama got huffy and accused McCain of "divisive fear-mongering."

Maybe we should be afraid. Consider what Obama says in an interview in the current Atlantic magazine.

Asked by writer Jeffrey Goldberg if he was "flummoxed" by the Hamas support, Obama responds no and says: "It's conceivable that there are those in the Arab world who say to themselves, 'This is a guy who spent some time in the Muslim world, has a middle name of Hussein and appears more worldly and has called for talks with people, and so he's not going to be engaging in the same sort of cowboy diplomacy as George Bush,' and that's something they're hopeful about."

He adds: "That's a perfectly legitimate perception..."

Now we know why Hamas prefers Barack Hussein Obama. He's told us himself.

As near as I can tell, Obama is saying that is' okay to call refer to him by his middle name as long as the person doing so is a potential Islamic terrorist.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
yes i'm sure that's what he's saying

Bow ties are coool.
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
But can't you admit hypocrisy in this? Obama says that anyone in America using his middle name is playing divisive politics by trying to associate him with terrorists, yet terrorists using his middle name is a good thing?

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
he's talking about people in the arab world seeing him as more worldly than george bush because of his past travels and cultural heritage. that's different than endorsing terrorists.
but people trying to link him to terrorists by his name alone is as silly as wondy linking every brown skinned person to the mexican invasion.

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
So having an exotic middle name makes someone more worldly and, therefore, fit to be president? You really think Obama believes that?

Heh. If he does, then maybe he can pick Jennifer Love Hewitt as Secretary of State.

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
A unique middle names can mask a person's inherent gayness.

-Raymond Tiberius Adler

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man
he's talking about people in the arab world seeing him as more worldly than george bush because of his past travels and cultural heritage. that's different than endorsing terrorists.
but people trying to link him to terrorists by his name alone is as silly as wondy linking every brown skinned person to the mexican invasion.

I never said Obama endorsed terrorists. Please learn to read. I said it was hypocritical for him to tout his name as a boon when terrorists speak it but say it's completely off limits to anyone in the country where he's running for the highest political office. You and whomod need to stop sharing studio space together. You're starting to be influenced by his work.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Damn...

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
50000+ posts
50000+ posts

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Obama, facing likely defeat, will skip visiting Kentucky
By Ryan Alessi | Lexington Herald-Leader

LEXINGTON, Ky. — Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama, facing a likely defeat in next Tuesday's primary election, won't travel to Kentucky before the voting, but said he hopes to have much more time to win over Kentucky voters before the November general election.

"When we're able to campaign in a place like Iowa for several months and I can visit and talk to people individually, I do very well. That's harder to do at this stage in the campaign," Obama said in a brief telephone interview Friday. "And once we get past the primary, we'll ble to focus more on those states where we need to make sure people know my track record."

In contrast, Obama's rival, Sen. Hillary Clinton, will make five stops in Kentucky over the weekend, including stops at two university campuses.

Obama said he'd hoped to spend a bit more time in Kentucky earlier this week, but was called back to Washington, D.C., for votes.

"We're having to campaign in a lot of different places," he said. "Obviously we think Kentucky is important. People in Kentucky are concerned about the same things people are concerned about all across the country — declining wages and incomes and everything from gas to health care."

But he conceded that he has a steep challenge to get his message and background to voters in states such as Kentucky — where he trails Sen. Hillary Clinton by 27 points, according to a poll published earlier this week — and West Virginia, where voters chose Clinton over Obama by 40 points on Tuesday.

"What it says is that I'm not very well known in that part of the country," Obama said. "Sen. Clinton, I think, is much better known, coming from a nearby state of Arkansas. So it's not surprising that she would have an advantage in some of those states in the middle."

But he said he and Clinton match up similarly against Republican nominee John McCain. Both trailed McCain by double digits in the poll, which was conducted for the Lexignton Herald-Leader and WKYT television. McCain leads Clinton by 12 points and Obama by 25 points.

"I think whoever the Democratic is we're going to have some work to do in a state like Kentucky," Obama said

Short version is Obama won't be spending anytime in Kentucky because it will highlight his weakness once again with certain voters that in my opinion make him toast in a general election. The bullshit this man can spew & get away with is impressive! I don't mean that as a slam either since it's part & parcel of being a politician. It just sucks that there are legitimate questions about how well he can do in a general & his way of dealling with it seems to be to not contest the hard states or take his name of a ballot if he can.

Fair play!
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Quote:
But in Southern states with large black populations, like Alabama, Mississippi and Virginia, an energized black electorate could create a countervailing force, particularly if conservative white voters choose not to flock to Senator John McCain, the presumptive Republican nominee. Merle Black, a political scientist at Emory University in Atlanta, predicts “the largest black turnout in the history of the United States” this fall if Mr. Obama is the nominee.

To hold these states, Republicans may have to work harder than ever. Already, turnout in Democratic primaries this year has substantially exceeded Republican turnout in states like Arkansas, Louisiana, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.

Some analysts suggest that North Carolina and Virginia may even be within reach for the Democratic nominee, and they point to the surprising result in a Congressional special election in Mississippi this week as an indicator of things to come.

Oh, and then this:

Huckabee jokes about Obama ducking a gunman

Yeah, assassination of agents of change in this country have historically been really hysterical.

Obama lambastes the Bush/McCain foreign policy. This is how you fight back. It's definitely worth a watch.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts

Yeah, assassination of agents of change in this country have historically been really hysterical.

so it's okay to say bush should be executed for 'war crimes' but as soon as someone threatens to crucify your lord and savior you get your panties in a bunch?

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Allah Damn America!

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
According to the article you posted Whomod it only looks like wins in North Carolina & Virginia are actually viable for Obama. It all looks good until you look at the states that will be ceded to McCain- PA, OH, WV & FL. The electoral math doesn't add up to anything close to an Obama win. He might do a little better than Dukakis & Mondale did but it won't result in a win or even a close one.

Fair play!
5000+ posts
5000+ posts

so it's okay to say bush should be executed for 'war crimes' but as soon as someone threatens to crucify your lord and savior you get your panties in a bunch?

Yep. receiving the usual sentence from the Hague for murdering thousands in an unprovoked war is the same thing as an assassination.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Um they dont believe in the death penalty in Europe....

faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
They don't believe in it? Well, shit. I know for a fact it happens all over America!

Old men, fear me! You will shatter under my ruthless apathetic assault!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
god bless america!

I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
AMERICA......FUCK YEAH!!!

It's a dog eat dog world & I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Damn you and your lemonade!!

Booooooooooooooobs.
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
If Obama dont like it he can go back to Iran!

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts

Yep. receiving the usual sentence from the Hague for murdering thousands in an unprovoked war is the same thing as an assassination.

the hague can go fuck itself with a cattle prod. all the same, I'm pretty damn impressed you went around collecting enough fingerprints to charge the President with homicide.

what's that?

oh. well, nice to know you so enjoy playing around on that fun little spectrum between slander and sedition. hope it works out for you. if you know what I mean.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Don't be angry. Anger won't bring back the (so called) permanent Republican majority that allowed this kind of stuff to go on unchallenged and uninvestigated.

Now back to our regularly scheduled election:

Quote:
ABC News Sunlen Miller reports: Sen. Barack Obama went one step further today in his pushback against presumptive GOP presidential nominee Sen. John McCain and President Bush on appeasement, suggesting that both Republicans have a problem with presidents past who have engaged in direct diplomacy.

"If George Bush and John McCain have a problem with direct diplomacy, led by the president of the United States, then they can explain why they have a problem with John F. Kennedy because that's what he did with [Soviet leader Nikita] Khrushchev, or Ronald Reagan, 'cause that's what he did with [Soviet leader Mikhail] Gorbachev, or Richard Nixon 'cause that's what they did with [Chinese leader Mao Tse-tung]," Obama said in Roseburg, Ore. "That’s exactly the kind of diplomacy we need to keep us safe."

Obama should just do what Chris Matthews did to that Republican talk show host and obliterate them for being too stupid to know the difference between diplomacy and appeasement.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
I really don't think you have very much room to discuss anger. it takes a lot more than your tardations to piss me off. if anything I very much appreciate the entertainment you're providing us. while I might get frustrated with you from time to time, I think I feel more pity for you than anything else. it truly is sad when someone's own hatred so completely takes over their persona.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Sen. Barack Obama went one step further today in his pushback against presumptive GOP presidential nominee Sen. John McCain and President Bush on appeasement, suggesting that both Republicans have a problem with presidents past who have engaged in direct diplomacy.

"If George Bush and John McCain have a problem with direct diplomacy, led by the president of the United States, then they can explain why they have a problem with John F. Kennedy because that's what he did with [Soviet leader Nikita] Khrushchev, or Ronald Reagan, 'cause that's what he did with [Soviet leader Mikhail] Gorbachev, or Richard Nixon 'cause that's what they did with [Chinese leader Mao Tse-tung]," Obama said in Roseburg, Ore.

Originally Posted By: the G-man
The Wall Street Journal:
  • If nothing else, we now know what it takes to make a Democrat go nuts. One word: "appeasement."

Notwithstanding that President Bush named no names in his speech to Israel's Knesset on Thursday, Barack Obama instantly called it a "false political attack." On him, of course.

something has hit a nerve.

Forget the complaint that Mr. Bush used a Hitler analogy. It's the here and now that has the Democrats upset. The fuse that set them off is any suggestion inside the context of a live presidential campaign that the Democrats are soft on national security.

If Barack Obama has an Achilles' heel, this is it. He first exposed it last July in a Democratic debate when he replied, "I would," to a question of whether he'd meet as President with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad "without precondition." Even Mrs. Clinton took a shot at that one, calling the Senator's comment "irresponsible and frankly naive."

Speaker Pelosi's own April 2007 sojourn to Syria is remembered mainly for Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert feeling obliged to correct Ms. Pelosi's announcement that Mr. Olmert had told her he was ready to start peace talks with Syria. Untrue.

Meanwhile, Speaker Pelosi announced in Damascus: "We came in friendship, hope, and determined that the road to Damascus is a road to peace." There must be a word for this somewhere. Just last month, former President Jimmy Carter met with leaders of Hamas to promote, among other things, "human rights."

But Barack Obama is the party's presumptive standard-bearer for 2008. Thus, let's try to bring this dispute into sharper focus.

Mr. Obama asserted again yesterday that he will not meet with terrorists. He is, however, willing to meet with Iran or Syria. Virtually no serious person disputes that Iran has shipped weaponry to terrorists in Iraq and that Syria has provided safe haven to these terrorists and let them cross from Syria into Iraq. In turn, these jihadists have killed U.S. soldiers. At a minimum, one might expect that ceasing this lethal activity would be a "precondition" before committing the office of the presidency to meet with either.

Leaving no argument unturned, Democrats have reached back to Richard Nixon's trip to China and Ronald Reagan's negotiations with the Soviet Union as evidence that Republican Presidents "talk to the enemy." Put it this way: The day Iran brings forth a Chou Enlai and Syria a Mikhail Gorbachev, sure, give them a call.

At bottom this dispute is about understanding the nature of the enemy in Iran, Syria and other sponsors and practitioners of Islamic terror. If the tempest over his indelicate words causes the Democratic presidential nominee to think twice about the political cost of trafficking with Tehran or Damascus, uttering "appeasement" will have been worth it.

I'm broke like a sphincter
few posts
I'm broke like a sphincter
few posts
So you call that appeasement? It is way better than Bush-Rove's cowboy diplomacy. Bush is such a rip off artist that he recently tried to steal Obama's bowling campaign strategy. The problem for Bush is he couldn't get half way through without his threats:

I guess you'd rather our leader threaten anal probes than a sit down with our misunderstood friends from the middle east?

Kumbaya that fuckers!!!!

“The House Republican brand is so bad right now that if it were a dog food, they’d take it off the shelf, also they would kill babies” said retiring Rep. Thomas M. Davis III (Va.)

"Do not associate my name with anything you do. You are extremists, and you've hurt the Republican Party much more than the Democrats have, perhaps even more than Fonzie surfing in boots." - Barry Goldwater

20 years, millions of scapegoats, and hundreds of denials later(but they sure looked cool)
Page 43 of 94 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 93 94

Link Copied to Clipboard