Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
 Quote:
I might agree that neither WV or KY are going to be winnable in the general. As I said, I think he should have at least made more than a token appearance in both states rather than just totally cede them to Hillary. However, I think that both of those states are tough for him even if he'd campaigned everyday for 2 weeks. I am extremely familiar with WV as my wife is from there. I've spent considerable time there over the past 19 years. I can say without question that Obama's race is a negative factor in that state.

yes i hear the state is full of white people. they all hate black people.

Nope...not all of them. My mother-in-law is white. Obviously she doesn't hate black folks or else my wife wouldn't be here. However, there are definitely some people in her family that would just as soon string me up as look at me.

Seriously...if you can be for a moment...don't you think that there are people in those states that won't vote for Obama simply because he's black? Obviously, I don't know every white person in WV. However, I have been there enough and experienced enough casual and overt racism...not to mention knowing the experiences of my black in-laws...to feel comfortable saying that there are enough people in that state that will simply not vote for a black man. Enough of them so that it is very unlikely that he'd win the state in the general.

Of course, I understand that there are people like that in every state. Just as there are black people that are voting for Obama JUST BECAUSE he's black. However, WV is something like 95% white. Even if only 10% of those are bigots, their vote combined with the ones that may have more legitimate (in their eyes) reasons to not vote for him will result in Obama losing the state.

Oderint, dum metuant.

You are a god damned idiot, you know that? You ought to be smacked upside your dumb-fuck head, even after all these years. Shame on you!
-USCHI showin' some love