Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 38 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 37 38
whomod #944438 2008-05-15 2:19 PM
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod

Originally Posted By: Captain Sammitch
communism. just so we're clear.

whomod #944439 2008-05-15 2:22 PM
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
lololol whomod is so clever and original!

I'm not sure how they do it on the boards where everyone always agrees, but in the real world people are allowed to disagree with some of their nominee's talking points without rejecting that nominee wholesale. it's called diversity of thought, which is really the only diversity that matters anyway.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
And, is noted before, if McCain wasn't the GOP nominee, whomod would still be using this, and similar incidences, as an example of why he's always respected the man for being a maverick.

the G-man #944447 2008-05-15 2:43 PM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
No, don't get me wrong. I respect him for finally stating what is obvious to (most) everyone by now. It's the gOP base that has long denied and belittled the idea of global warming that was the target of the ridicule.

whomod #944452 2008-05-15 3:29 PM
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
...McCain's already gotten himself into legal trouble with the public financing system ...McCain a campaign finance criminal.

Judge Dismisses DNC Lawsuit Against McCain:
  • The DNC complaint, which asks for investigation of a bank loan agreement the McCain campaign entered into with Fidelity and Trust Bank of Bethesda, was filed in April. Before the FEC's quorum troubles, the panel asked the McCain campaign to explain the agreement.

Republican National Committee chief counsel Sean Cairncross applauded the decision in a statement. "The Court’s order confirmed what the McCain campaign said at the time the suit was filed; the DNC lawsuit was nothing but a frivolous publicity stunt."

whomod #944454 2008-05-15 3:40 PM
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
No, don't get me wrong. I respect him for finally stating what is obvious to (most) everyone by now. It's the gOP base that has long denied and belittled the idea of global warming that was the target of the ridicule.

of course. one would think that your knowledge of democraticalses* might have helped you realize by now that politicians will say what's necessary to scoop up votes from outside the usual voting base. and again, just because he says it doesn't make it gospel, even if I'm voting for him. not everyone feels compelled to march in lockstep with their anointed candidate/personal savior even after repeated promises of [pocket] change we can believe in.

* - remember, don't shorten it. he hates that!

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
so you're saying that he lied to win moderate votes by outright deception?

whomod #944458 2008-05-15 3:43 PM
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
so you're saying that he lied to win moderate votes by outright deception?

not sure why you seem so bothered by the concept.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
Here's some more information for Whomod, expanding on the notion that PAt Buchanan is dividing and conquering the Democrats to help McCain:

In other words, far from it.

• But why, when America's mini-mills and steel mills are among the most efficient on earth -- in terms of man hours needed to produce a ton of steel -- aren't those jobs coming back?

Answer: It is due to the free-trade policies of Bush and McCain, which permit trade rivals to impose value-added taxes of 15 percent to 20 percent on steel imports from the United States while rebating those taxes on steel exports to the United States. We are getting it in the neck coming and going.

An America First trade and tax policy could have U.S. steel mills rising again, while those in Japan, China, Russia and Brazil would be shutting down as uncompetitive in the U.S. market.

But we no longer put America first.

The U.S. government burns its incense at the altar of the Global Economy. The losers are those guys in Youngstown McCain was lecturing on the beauty of NAFTA. And the winners are the CEOs who pull down seven-, eight- and even nine-figure annual packages selling out their country for the corporation.

Does McCain think $6 trillion in trade deficits since NAFTA, a dollar rotting away and 3.5 million manufacturing jobs lost under Bush was all inevitable? Does he think we can do nothing to stop the deindustrialization of a country that used to produce 96 percent of all it consumed?

Why should those guys in Youngstown vote for McCain?

Even Hillary, whose husband did NAFTA with Newt Gingrich and Bob Dole's help, now gets it.

Most of the article focuses on McCain's political stops where he alienates his potential conservative base, while panning Bush and missing the real point each time.

But for me, the offshoring of U.S. jobs and factories, and creating foreign dependence through foreign trade that is unfair to the U.S. is the larger point.

In any case, I don't see that Buchanan is a supporter in any way of McCain.

Wonder Boy #944523 2008-05-15 8:59 PM
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
You know every time you mention pat buchanan you lose a little more credibility.

oh wait, you never had any. Carry on.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
rex #944723 2008-05-17 12:32 PM
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Everyone should use that in their signature.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts

Oh , wait a minute. I thought thats what he was accusing of Barack Obama of saying.

The Washington Post's, Jamie Rubin destroys the George Bush/John McCain attack on Obama over Hamas. McCain told Rubin that we were going to have to work with Hamas -- and McCain didn't mention any conditions. Now, this interview happened two years ago, so, in fairness, McCain might not remember, but he said it quite clearly:

Quote:
But given his own position on Hamas, McCain is the last politician who should be attacking Obama. Two years ago, just after Hamas won the Palestinian parliamentary elections, I interviewed McCain for the British network Sky News's "World News Tonight" program. Here is the crucial part of our exchange:

I asked: "Do you think that American diplomats should be operating the way they have in the past, working with the Palestinian government if Hamas is now in charge?"

McCain answered: "They're the government; sooner or later we are going to have to deal with them, one way or another, and I understand why this administration and previous administrations had such antipathy towards Hamas because of their dedication to violence and the things that they not only espouse but practice, so . . . but it's a new reality in the Middle East. I think the lesson is people want security and a decent life and decent future, that they want democracy. Fatah was not giving them that."

For some Europeans in Davos, Switzerland, where the interview took place, that's a perfectly reasonable answer. But it is an unusual if not unique response for an American politician from either party. And it is most certainly not how the newly conservative presumptive Republican nominee would reply today.

Given that exchange, the new John McCain might say that Hamas should be rooting for the old John McCain to win the presidential election. The old John McCain, it appears, was ready to do business with a Hamas-led government, while both Clinton and Obama have said that Hamas must change its policies toward Israel and terrorism before it can have diplomatic relations with the United States.

So while McCain was cavorting in Davos with all the other elites, he thought it was okay to work with Hamas. But now, McCain is on the attack over a manufactured issue. What a fraud. What a hypocrite. What a liar.

Thanks to Clinton-appointee Rubin for finally getting this out. The debate's only been going on for weeks now - you couldn't have brought this up earlier?

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Please stop changing the thread title.

rex #945138 2008-05-19 8:54 PM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
There are barely words for this:

Quote:
Georgia Republican Party chairwoman Sue Everhart said Saturday that the party's presumed presidential nominee has a lot in common with Jesus Christ.

"John McCain is kind of like Jesus Christ on the cross," Everhart said as she began the second day of the state GOP convention. "He never denounced God, either."

Yes folks, John McCain was shot down and held captive for your sins. Deification. All the rage in Republican circles.

Jesus had 9 houses, 2 wives, and his own artificial lake?

whomod #945151 2008-05-19 10:30 PM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts

Ironic:

Originally Posted By: rex

Wow. You just called 75,000 of your fellow Oregonians who want to be inspired and believe in something better than George Bush wiping his ass with their country and all it stands for, "racists".

Yup, their all racist against white people and think Obama Christ will deliver them from evil.

There are barely words for this:

Quote:
Georgia Republican Party chairwoman Sue Everhart said Saturday that the party's presumed presidential nominee has a lot in common with Jesus Christ.

"John McCain is kind of like Jesus Christ on the cross," Everhart said as she began the second day of the state GOP convention. "He never denounced God, either."

Yes folks, John McCain was shot down and held captive for your sins. Deification. All the rage in Republican circles.

Jesus had 9 houses, 2 wives, and his own artificial lake?

whomod #945157 2008-05-19 11:02 PM
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
You're quoting yourself again.

FYI, I don't go to your links. Anything you link to automatically loses all credibility with me.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Unfit for Duty? Iowa Sen. Tom Harkin catching grief for suggesting McCain's family history of military service makes him unfit to be commander-in-chief.

God. Sometimes liberals so fucking transparent and stupid.

They spend the last eight years calling Bush and Cheney "chickenhawks," pushing John Kerry and claiming they "support the troops."

And, just as soon as the GOP nominates an honest to god, no swiftboat here, war hero, they're back to their "republicans are warmongerers we loathe the military" ways.

Completely pathetic.

the G-man #947277 2008-05-22 3:13 PM
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Yeah I heard that on the radio yesterday. Of all the things to hold against a presidential candidate, like inexperience, inability to accept critcism or fault, weak or non existant policies, prior military service should not be one of them. But this just brings you back to the flip-fop liberal media and their flip-flop liberal politicians. Unless it's a democrat doing it, it's always wrong and there is no middle, theres only left.

Stupid Doog #947367 2008-05-22 4:00 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Harkin's comments are very lame but I would say in defense of liberals in general that not all of us think that way. BTW, there are folks on both sides willing to make the pettiest, unfairest & nasty arguements that they can. That doesn't justify Harkin's unfairness but it's something worth keeping in mind IMHO.

Fair play!
25+ posts
25+ posts
Repeat after me:

Write. In. Ron. Paul.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Harkin's comments are very lame but I would say in defense of liberals in general that not all of us think that way. ...

I was trying to recognize this by saying "sometimes".

the G-man #947418 2008-05-22 4:25 PM
25+ posts
25+ posts
Ahem.

Vote.

Ron.

Paul.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Shouldn't Paul be running against Barr for the libertarian spot at this point?

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: pelvis thrustly
Repeat after me:

Write. In. Ron. Paul.

So you're the one!

the G-man #947591 2008-05-22 5:57 PM
few posts
few posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
Shouldn't Paul be running against Barr for the libertarian spot at this point?

No, he wants to continue to troll the GOP.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Wow.

Figured nothing could top Rev. Wright.

Ah, to be proven wrong.

Hitler was just doing god's good work.

John Hagee, the controversial evangelical leader and endorser of Sen. John McCain, argued in a late 1990s sermon that the Nazis had operated on God's behalf to chase the Jews from Europe and shepherd them to Palestine. According to the Reverend, Adolph Hitler was a "hunter," sent by God, who was tasked with expediting God's will of having the Jews re-establish a state of Israel.

Calling the Catholic Church a whore wasn't enough for McCain. Gay bashing wasn't enough. Hitler as instrument of the lord apparently is just enough for McCain to finally denounce him. at least the attack groups can't attack Obama again without opening up this can of worms.

The good news is that there are a few more extreme pastors in the circle McCain corralled in order to try to win the Evangelicals. It should be fun to see them and their sermons surface every time the right thinks they can bring Rev. Wright out for another news cycle in order to inflict some damage to Obama.

Boomerang! Like McCain surrounding himself with lobbyists, you just never know what negatives those you choose to surround your campaign for political advantage may inadvertently bring. If anything, it shows a real lack of understanding of what exactly these guys are preaching the McCain camp has.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Wow.

Figured nothing could top Rev. Wright.

Ah, to be proven wrong.

Hitler was just doing god's good work.

John Hagee, the controversial evangelical leader and endorser of Sen. John McCain, argued in a late 1990s sermon that the Nazis had operated on God's behalf to chase the Jews from Europe and shepherd them to Palestine. According to the Reverend, Adolph Hitler was a "hunter," sent by God, who was tasked with expediting God's will of having the Jews re-establish a state of Israel.

Calling the Catholic Church a whore wasn't enough for McCain. Gay bashing wasn't enough. Hitler as instrument of the lord apparently is just enough for McCain to finally denounce him. at least the attack groups can't attack Obama again without opening up this can of worms.

The good news is that there are a few more extreme pastors in the circle McCain corralled in order to try to win the Evangelicals. It should be fun to see them and their sermons surface every time the right thinks they can bring Rev. Wright out for another news cycle in order to inflict some damage to Obama.

Boomerang! Like McCain surrounding himself with lobbyists, you just never know what negatives those you choose to surround your campaign for political advantage may inadvertently bring. If anything, it shows a real lack of understanding of what exactly these guys are preaching the McCain camp has.

I'm Christian, I don't understand. I'm Christian, I don't understand. (If I say it enough, I'm sure it will be true.)

whomod #948818 2008-05-23 12:54 PM
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts

As soon as he learned about these remarks McCain rejected the endorsement:
  • “Obviously, I find these remarks and others deeply offensive and indefensible, and I repudiate them,” McCain said in a statement Thursday. “I did not know of them before Reverend Hagee’s endorsement, and I feel I must reject his endorsement as well.”

McCain also used as a reference point the controversy surrounding fiery statements made by Barack Obama’s former pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

“I have said I do not believe Senator Obama shares Reverend Wright’s extreme views. But let me also be clear, Reverend Hagee was not and is not my pastor or spiritual adviser, and I did not attend his church for 20 years. I have denounced statements he made immediately upon learning of them, as I do again today. “

Nor did McCain spent several months hemming and hawing over his relationship with Hagee or tell us that he could no more disavow Hagree than he could a racist white relative.

Score: McCain +1, Obama: 0

the G-man #948858 2008-05-23 1:43 PM
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I'm sorry but we have no idea if McCain had a racist white grandma or not, if so he gets a free pass on this....

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Well, it's obvious that McCain's grandmothers were both white. And, according to whomod, all white people who aren't democrats (and even some of them) are racists. Therefore, I think whomod would tell us that McCain had, not one, but two racist white grandmothers.

Last edited by the G-man; 2008-05-23 2:02 PM. Reason: (YouTube video added so that whomod understands what we're talking about)
the G-man #948866 2008-05-23 2:02 PM
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
then by the reasoning of his holinees Barack Hussein Obama, whomod cannot disown McCain...

the G-man #948939 2008-05-23 3:52 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man

As soon as he learned about these remarks McCain rejected the endorsement:
  • “Obviously, I find these remarks and others deeply offensive and indefensible, and I repudiate them,” McCain said in a statement Thursday. “I did not know of them before Reverend Hagee’s endorsement, and I feel I must reject his endorsement as well.”

McCain also used as a reference point the controversy surrounding fiery statements made by Barack Obama’s former pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

“I have said I do not believe Senator Obama shares Reverend Wright’s extreme views. But let me also be clear, Reverend Hagee was not and is not my pastor or spiritual adviser, and I did not attend his church for 20 years. I have denounced statements he made immediately upon learning of them, as I do again today. “

Nor did McCain spent several months hemming and hawing over his relationship with Hagee or tell us that he could no more disavow Hagree than he could a racist white relative.

Score: McCain +1, Obama: 0

I was surprised that Whomod would say anything to bring up Wright. The arguement only works with the Obamamites who thought Obama talking about not being able to disown Wright was the greatest speach ever & then doing just that once Wright said he thought Obama thought the same as he did. Really Whomod this is something I don't think pays to bring up for your guy.

Fair play!
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man

I was surprised that Whomod would say anything to bring up Wright. The arguement only works with the Obamamites who thought Obama talking about not being able to disown Wright was the greatest speach ever & then doing just that once Wright said he thought Obama thought the same as he did. Really Whomod this is something I don't think pays to bring up for your guy.

Well MEM ,what i was saying is not that Obama would bring any of this pastor stuff up. I'm saying that if the attack groups try to bring up Wright again, there is a wealth of associations that McCain also has. Starting with Hagee, whose endorsement he didn't repudiate even after his anti-gay and anti catholic comments were revealed. Just like Obama repudiated the comments but not immediately dissociating himself from Wright BTW.

It was only after Hagee invoked Hitler as God's hunter that he became too toxic. And besides Hagee, we have all the lobbyists he hasn't fired yet, we have a wealth of right wing pastors, such as Rod Parsley who are still largely unknown because they haven't been brought up by the media much yet.

So if anything, I'm just saying that McCain playing the association game will boomerang on him if he and his supporters decide to go that route.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
yes everyone will forget that Obama said Wright was his spiritual mentor, he baptized his children, performed his marriage ceremony, and Obama sat still and listened to his racist anti-american venom for twenty years...sure they will...

the G-man #949265 2008-05-23 6:58 PM
Colonel
100+ posts
Colonel
100+ posts
McCain is much more credible than Barrack Osama And hellary Clinton

I don't like his lax border policy, but I do like his tax cut proposals and his devotion to staying the course for something so many americans have died from. I also like how he wants to cut welfare to Indy's son Shia labeof and Marion Ravenwood, the baby mama.

Wow you guys are getting really pathetic, deleating my sig like that.

"We don't delete threads here. BSAMS and mxy are enough of a deterrent for mods abusing their powers like that." - Joe mama; De Jure[
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
yes everyone will forget that Obama said Wright was his spiritual mentor, he baptized his children, performed his marriage ceremony, and Obama sat still and listened to his racist anti-american venom for twenty years...sure they will...

Obama's campaign strategy relies of the stupidity of his followers.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Just look at all the new people.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts

racist anti-american venom? wow. way to play the white victim card that wondy loves so much. have you reviewed the many thousands of sermons he's given over those 20 years along with every statement he's made or are you judging those 20 years based on the few lines that have been played over and over on the news?

Bow ties are coool.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Wright has a lengthy history of virulent statements, both in his sermons and his writings. You can keep trying to fool us by saying "out of context," but that's a little like saying because Hitler only wrote one racist book we shouldn't have seen the final solution coming.

Page 12 of 38 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 37 38

Link Copied to Clipboard